• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Raichu Garbordor Deck

Kajishu

Aspiring Trainer
4 Raichu GEN 27
4 Pikachu GEN 26
2 Trubbish BKP 56
2 Garbodor BKP 57
1 Yveltal BKT 94
1 Yveltal XY 78
1 Yveltal EX XY 79
1 Yveltal EX PR

4 Professor Sycamore
2 N
2 Brigette
1 Hex Maniac
2 Level Ball
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
2 Healing Scarf
1 EXP. Share
1 Energy Pouch
3 Sky Field
2 Float Stone
2 Trainers' Mail
1 Eco Arm
1 Lysandre

4 Double Colorless Energy
8 Darkness Energy

Basic strategy is to use raichu as my primary attacker. Yveltal EX and Yveltal BKT are used to mop up pokemon, and to use BKT Fright Night to slow down megas before using Garbotoxin.

I'd like some advice on the tools, and any other cards that need changed. trying to keep new cards down below $10/card Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Find room to add 2-3 Shaymin EX. It'll help you to set up your first turn very quickly and fill up bench space which is vital to Raichu's attack.

That's a lot of energy and energy recovery for a deck that can function on so few attachments.
You need more Pokémon and ways to recover Pokémon from parallel city plays, bad sycamore and inevitable knockouts. Shaymin is key to drawing resources for raichu decks, although it's hard to get on the client and fairly expensive. The deck really needs Pokémon based draw support though.

I don't have a direct suggestion of changes at this time.

would you all recommend octillary instead of shaymin ex?
any good recommendations on how to get pokemon back into play from a stadium change?

Octillery is definitely not a replacement for Shaymin, they just don't perform the same task, though it may help in the long run to recover from a Parallel. The problem is that Raichu needs to be explosive; playing down Sky Field and multiple Pokemon quickly to reach the OHKO. Shaymin fulfills this. Plus, if you are Parallel Citied you can remove those Shaymin so that they won't be targeted as easy prizes. That's the silver lining of the Parallel City cloud so to speak.

I've considered a Foongus, Pokeball, Super Rod and Raichu deck actually. It could recover very quickly from Parallel City if you play it right. It may also get away with not using Shaymin for a budget option though Shaymin would likely improve the deck. Brock's Guts coming out in XY12 could also be good in this or Karen. Maybe try this idea out. Garbodor obviously can't be used in this deck though.

Additional thought: Revitalizer would be incredible for Foongus too.

I'm writing a list right now!

Last edited:
4 Raichu GEN 27
4 Pikachu GEN 26
2 Spinarak AOR 5
2 Ariados AOR 6
3 Sceptile EX
1 M Sceptile EX AOR 8
4 Virizion AOR 1

QTY NAME
4 Professor Sycamore
2 N
4 Ultra Ball
2 Level Ball
2 Brigette
4 VS Seeker
3 Fighting Fury Belt
1 Sceptile Spirit Link
2 Float Stone
3 Sky Field
1 Hex Maniac
QTY NAME BASIC SPECIAL
4 Double Colorless Energy
8 Grass Energy

Here is an updated version of my decklist,

Last edited:
The problem with your updated deck is that you have no way to play sceptile or mega sceptile, they aren't sceptile EX. Playing octillary in your original deck wouldn't work because you played garbodor.

I really want to make a raichu deck. I thinka bench sitter like Garbodor is a great idea. However, Octillery is also a good bench sitter, or say Milotic from PRC would be cool to fetch DCE from discard. The strength of Raichu to me seems to be attacking with a single attachment and having multiple ways of doing that after Raichu is inevitably KO'd is the key to taking advantage of what is hopefully an uneven prize exchange in your favour.
I am going to try Milotic and Puzzle of Time or a couple special charge. Puzzle could even get Skyfield back after your opponent has exhausted their own stadiums.. A strategy I saw perhaps in an article on the beach... I thought Jolteon EX would be a convenient and annoying addition to mess with things like Zygarde and Yveltal decks but running say water energy and a Manaphy EX might be cool. Karen is an awesome idea. . . Hadn't thought of that, but it would help recovering from stadium war losses.
I saw another variant with Zoroark Break which looks cool. It ran darkness. If that were the case captivating pokepuffs and target whistles might work well. I don't know if target whistle is still standard. . . I think so.
Unowns and Brigette is kind of fun. The combo turns the set up card into limited draw power when needed. Stand In and Zoroark's attack are awesome, giving an alternate attacker and protection for your bench sitters. Having water energy and Manaphy would reduce the need for multiple float stones but Zoroark Break might give you some good firepower too. I think first I will try running electric energy and Riachu Break and try 2 special charge Milotic and 4 Puzzle and try to recycle DCE a disgusting amount of times, but I haven't got a way to attach an electric and a DCE in one turn to spam Grand Bolt. I don't want a thick Magnezone line slowing things down. . .
Either way the best advice I think for any Raichu based deck is certainly 4 level ball.
I read another thread here with a great suggestion that fits a glass cannon deck like Raichu: Bursting Balloon.
Hope my ramble is helpful.

I really want to make a raichu deck. I thinka bench sitter like Garbodor is a great idea. However, Octillery is also a good bench sitter, or say Milotic from PRC would be cool to fetch DCE from discard. The strength of Raichu to me seems to be attacking with a single attachment and having multiple ways of doing that after Raichu is inevitably KO'd is the key to taking advantage of what is hopefully an uneven prize exchange in your favour.
I am going to try Milotic and Puzzle of Time or a couple special charge. Puzzle could even get Skyfield back after your opponent has exhausted their own stadiums.. A strategy I saw perhaps in an article on the beach... I thought Jolteon EX would be a convenient and annoying addition to mess with things like Zygarde and Yveltal decks but running say water energy and a Manaphy EX might be cool. Karen is an awesome idea. . . Hadn't thought of that, but it would help recovering from stadium war losses.
I saw another variant with Zoroark Break which looks cool. It ran darkness. If that were the case captivating pokepuffs and target whistles might work well. I don't know if target whistle is still standard. . . I think so.
Unowns and Brigette is kind of fun. The combo turns the set up card into limited draw power when needed. Stand In and Zoroark's attack are awesome, giving an alternate attacker and protection for your bench sitters. Having water energy and Manaphy would reduce the need for multiple float stones but Zoroark Break might give you some good firepower too. I think first I will try running electric energy and Riachu Break and try 2 special charge Milotic and 4 Puzzle and try to recycle DCE a disgusting amount of times, but I haven't got a way to attach an electric and a DCE in one turn to spam Grand Bolt. I don't want a thick Magnezone line slowing things down. . .
Either way the best advice I think for any Raichu based deck is certainly 4 level ball.
I read another thread here with a great suggestion that fits a glass cannon deck like Raichu: Bursting Balloon.
Hope my ramble is helpful.
Target whistle is down :( no more standard

Back