• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Raichu Crawdaunt Bats

PortalAPP.

I have a profile picture.
Pokemon: 24
  • 4 Pikachu GEN
  • 4 Raichu GEN
  • 4 Crawdaunt PRC
  • 4 Corphish PRC
  • 3 Zubat GEN
  • 3 Golbat GEN
  • 1 Shaymin EX ROS
  • 1 Minccino FCO

Trainers: 32
  • 3 Trainers Mail
  • 4 Devolution Spray
  • 2 Bursting Balloon
  • 1 Karen
  • 3 Sky Field
  • 1 N
  • 4 Vs Seeker
  • 4 Puzzle of Time
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Float Stone
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 3 Ultra Ball

Energy: 4
    • Double Colorless Energy

The idea of this deck is to use raichu's circle circuit to do 160 damage with a sky field. Golbat and bursting balloon can boost this damage. Crawdaunt slows your opponent down. Minccino removes tools from
Garbodor which locks of abilities. devolution spray lets you use crawdaunt and golbat's abilities again. Puzzle of time gets back energies bursting balloons and devolution sprays. Can also be played with one more level ball and one less Ultra Ball. Comments are appreciated.

Last edited:
The crawdaunt evolution line is not a smart idea. Not only does it take up 8 cards in your deck, it can be an easy target by your opponent. There are also better ways to slow down your opponent. if you want to discard their energy so badly, try crushing hammer or something.

Also, I recommend putting in level balls to make it easier to get the pokemon you need. Perhaps replace the 4-4 crawdaunt line with 1 level ball, 2 Lysandre, and some other stuff. not entirely sure what you can do for the other 5 cards

I would suggest octillary or more shaymin. There are times when you need lots of draw. Especially after someone hits you with a parallel city.

The crawdaunt evolution line is not a smart idea. Not only does it take up 8 cards in your deck, it can be an easy target by your opponent. There are also better ways to slow down your opponent. if you want to discard their energy so badly, try crushing hammer or something.

Also, I recommend putting in level balls to make it easier to get the pokemon you need. Perhaps replace the 4-4 crawdaunt line with 1 level ball, 2 Lysandre, and some other stuff. not entirely sure what you can do for the other 5 cards
Since I have to fill up my bench, I think crawdaunt can do a good job. It also happens to be more reliable than hammers.

Crawdaunt. I can't see needing to drop 8 energy off the active. Crawdaunt also has the issue of having a high retreat cost. Allowing people to stall you.

You may also include 1 special charge. I know you have puzzles. But sometimes you have to ditch a few turn 1.

I also suggest pokemon Fan Club or brigette. Fan club works better with shaymin.

You may also want something to deal with giratina. One attack from it and you have no choice but to scoop. Ranger works for that.

Possibly try 1 of hawlucha. Its a nice bit of disruption.

Eeveelutions also can help depending on ur local meta.

Would you recommend playing four shaymin, and what cards should I remove.
I agree with Fr_z_n about the Giovanni's Scheme. It would be great as a one off so you could easily VS Seeker for a KO as opposed to relying on Bursting Balloon or Golbat (Especially if opponent Hex's you) Hope this helps! :)

4-4 crawdaunt seems like too much. Maybe drop it down to 2-2, or if you really love it, 3-3. That will give you some room for some of the additions others have mentioned. Hex Maniac would be a problem, so definitely add 1-2 enhanced hammers. It'll give you more consistency with energy denial.

Would this be a better list

Pokemon: 21
4 Pikachu GEN
4 Raichu GEN
2 Crawdaunt PRC
2 Corphish PRC
3 Zubat GEN
3 Golbat GEN
3 Shaymin EX ROS
Trainers: 35
3 Trainers Mail
3 Devolution Spray
2 Bursting Balloon
1 Karen
3 Sky Field
1 N
4 Vs Seeker
4 Puzzle of Time
3 Professor Sycamore
1 Float Stone
3 Level Ball
3 Ultra Ball
1 Enhanced Hammer
1 Giovannis Scheme
1 Pokemon Ranger
1 Lysandre
Energy:
4 Double Colorless Energy

You really need more switching cards with 2 crawdaunt and 3 shaymin. 1 float stone is not going to cut it. If you want to keep it 1 of, use switch or escape rope instead. So you can reuse with puzzles

Also with 3 shaymin. 4 ultra ball is a must. To get it more consistently.

Maybe try:

-1 Level Ball
-1 Trainer's Mail
+1 Ultra Ball
+1 Switch/Escape Rope based on your play preference

With 3 Shaymin, you have plenty of draw support, although I really do love Trainer's Mail for consistency, and even digging out of a rough hand/low N.

Back