• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

R.E.M. (Reshiram/Emboar/Mewtwo) Needs help...

Setosama

Mew Trainer
Pokemon (15)
3>1>2 Emboar BW>BW>Promo
2 Reshiram BW
2 Reshiram EX Promo
1 Mewtwo EX ND
2 Victini Promo
1 Smeargle CL
1 Cleffa CL

Trainers (31)
2 Eviolite
3 Junk Arm
2 Switch
2 Heavy Ball
2 Energy Retrieval
2 Plus Power
1 Pokémon Catcher
2 Rare Candy
1 Super Rod
1 Cilan
1 Fisherman
2 Cheren
2 Professor Juniper
2 N
3 Prof. Oak’s New Theory
3 Pokémon Collector

Energy (14)
2 Double Colorless Energy
12 Fire Energy

A little idea I've wanted to try since Reshi-plosion will be going out at the end of the summer... Not entirely sure what else I wanna do with it though... Suggestions?

Changes made so far:

- 1 Reshiram
- 2 Rocky Helmet
- 1 Cilan
- 1 Rare Candy
- 1 Eviolite

+ 1 Smeargle CL
+ 1 Professor Juniper
+ 2 Victini (Promo)
+ 2 Cheren

I would suggest going for a 3-1-3 line of Emboar if you want to be sure to have one out when you need it.

Swap out the Rocky Helmets for 2 more Switch. Getting one of your big retreat cost Pokemon catchered and stranded can be devastating. I personally like Super Scoop Up in this deck to save injured Reshirams and then drop them fully healed and reattach the energy thanks to Emboar. Its flippy but when it works its a game changer.

RichD said:
I would suggest going for a 3-1-3 line of Emboar if you want to be sure to have one out when you need it.

Swap out the Rocky Helmets for 2 more Switch. Getting one of your big retreat cost Pokemon catchered and stranded can be devastating. I personally like Super Scoop Up in this deck to save injured Reshirams and then drop them fully healed and reattach the energy thanks to Emboar. Its flippy but when it works its a game changer.

Was debating going 3-1-3 but didn't want to buy a 3rd tin, since they're $20 a piece... also... 3>1>3 isn't really my style, but I might take out Cleffa (since I don't really care for the card, it's just dead weight most of the time) and go 4>2>3. Fit's my Playstyle more... and allows for Catcher to bump off Tepigs.

I could probably go for a 3rd switch but 4 with the Junk Arms I think would be a bit over kill... (And wasting Energy for Emboars retreat is rather stupid. XD) I miss Warp Point. =(

I've never really liked Flipy cards (hence why I don't care for Dual Ball) but I might give Super Scoop Up a try... Was debating using a Seeker in here as well but couldn't find the room... (Has Mew on it, which is why I like the card)

Thanks =)

Try
-1 reshiram (2 is enough)
-? eviolite (rocky helmet would be enough IMO)
-1 cilan (1 is enough)
-2 communication (not needed)

+1 mewtwo (the second helps a lot)
+2 catcher (at least 3 would be helpful)
+1 N (more draw power is needed. Good for hand refreshment and disruption)
+? Juniper/sage's (for draw power)

Jirachi said:
Try
-1 reshiram (2 is enough)
-? eviolite (rocky helmet would be enough IMO)
-1 cilan (1 is enough)
-2 communication (not needed)

+1 mewtwo (the second helps a lot)
+2 catcher (at least 3 would be helpful)
+1 N (more draw power is needed. Good for hand refreshment and disruption)
+? Juniper/sage's (for draw power)

If I could GET the 2nd Mewtwo most definitely... I'm probably gonna do Mew EX when it comes out instead tho... Shame that'll probably be a pain to pull/trade for. =(

Juniper I might run, but I absolutely HATE Sage's. :/

Cut down your reshiram to just 4. It is more than enough to ensure consistency. Try thickening the numbers of your Pokemon Catchers to 3 as there is no reason just to run 1. Hope this helped! :)

Typhlo Wolf said:
Cut down your reshiram to just 4. It is more than enough to ensure consistency. Try thickening the numbers of your Pokemon Catchers to 3 as there is no reason just to run 1. Hope this helped! :)

Problem is getting more than 1 catcher XD lol (just like getting more than 1 Mewtwo EX)

And interesting... any particular reason for either 2 of each or 3 of 1 and 1 of the other? o_O

Well, 3 reshiram and 2 reshiram EX is more than enough IMO. I'd say cut the reshiram down to 2. And this is just a suggestion, but if you can find room, 1-2 fliptini would be great nice since reshiram EX is a lot easier to set up with emboar so I'd usually attack with reshiram EX a lot in this deck.

GOT THE FLIP-TINIS! Guess I should Call the deck VERM now. XD lol

Might put in a 3rd Boar if I need it... (Right now I'm using 2 of Ability and one Attacker since it works with Pignite if I absolutely HAVE to evolve Tepig to keep it alive). Also FINALLY got a copy of Catcher to use. (was proxying it before)

I want to cut 2 Fire Energies but I tried it with fewer and it didn't work too well... Any other suggestions?

But my main problem so far in test hands is somehow I find myself muliganing A LOT! Makes no Sense to me... I've got 11 Basics atm... Debating taking out 1 Emboar or something else for a Smeargle or something...

Well, that's mainly just luck I guess but it is kinda strange. Maybe shuffle better?
You need more draw power IMo. 7 isn't enough.

Yeah... Maybe take out a collector, Fisherman, and Cilan for more draw cards... but Cilan in Particular helps a big deal...

As big a play as fisherman is... usually... I'm not playing it when I probably need it... might take out Super Rod for a Revive or something also...

Also... Ideas for a 12th Basic? Preferable one I can get building on a VERY tight budget

Did a couple more fixes... I'm finding that 3rd Emboar to be a bit much so I cut it and put in a Smeargle since I'm running low on Basics... will Probably do another N and Oak's New Theory when I can get them instead of Cherens... Not to keen on Juniper as I don't think I have enough hand shortening cards to just get free hands of 7...

Back