Collecting Quuador's Pikachu Collection

Quuador

Aspiring Trainer
Hi all,

First post here. I started collecting Pokémon Cards when they first arrived in The Netherlands when I was 7 years old (I'm now 24). The last couple of years I haven't collected all that much though, but about a year ago I decided to start a Pikachu Card collection. I only focus on all regular sized TCG Pikachu Cards. EDIT: Now I also collection Jumbo Cards. (So this is excluding Pikachu-shaped Dittos, cards featuring Pikachu, stickers, etc. and this does include all languages, stamps, codes, misprints, etc.)

As of right now (August 28th, 2016), I have 556 Pikachu Cards, and 22 more incoming. Here is the current collection Excel, copy-pasted into Google Drive. The first tab is my collection, and second all my duplicated cards that I might put up for sale one day. I'll try to keep it updated.

I plan on making a video of my entire collection as soon as I won't have this many cards incoming anymore, but since I scatter eBay and some other websites pretty regularly it might take a while to slow down. I hope to one day come close to justinator's collection, but for less than a year collecting, I'd say 550+ isn't too shabby.
vTfrS55r4NugG1yMUiU6.png

!! WARNING: Not recommended to open on a mobile network without unlimited internet !!
Here you can see photos of my entire collection so far.

Greetings,
Kevin

PS: Pikachu Cards isn't my main collection btw. Twisty Puzzles is.

Last edited:
Wow, that's an incredibly complete collection of Pikachu! How did you find what versions of what cards were available? Did you use a database that lists all the available editions of each card?

Wow, that's an incredibly complete collection of Pikachu!
Thanks! I'll do my best.
udmF9ujzzPk6X7jwDqnT.png

How did you find what versions of what cards were available? Did you use a database that lists all the available editions of each card?
My initial list I got from the database of another collector who has almost 600 cards: justinator's collection. He was basically the inspiration for my collection.

After that I've been able to find pictures of actual copies of a few cards he hadn't listed yet, like the Spanish Mysterious Treasures Reverse Holo with DIAMANTE & PERLA print, the Italian POP4, POP6 and POP9 cards, or the unofficial English LPPCollecting stamp Ivy, etc.

Every time I come across a card I'll let him know after it arrives, and he also updates his site regularly with new cards he discovered.

Greetings,
Kevin

Last edited:
Wow, that's amazing. I'm trying to do the same with Espeon (but I'm pretty sure that's kinda impossible but I'll give it a go) and was wondering where I could find a list of the prints and stuff. I don't know of anywhere that has a list that complete with every single version of a card.

Wow, that's amazing. I'm trying to do the same with Espeon (but I'm pretty sure that's kinda impossible but I'll give it a go) and was wondering where I could find a list of the prints and stuff. I don't know of anywhere that has a list that complete with every single version of a card.
Well, a good place to start is Bulbapedia's TCG page for the Pokémon of choice. Based on my Pikachu Card collection I can give you some more information (although I'm not 100% sure it's correct for all):

Neo Discovery has a holo and non-holo Espeon version, and is mostly likely released in the following 1st edition sets: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, and the following unlimited edition sets: English, Japanse, German, French, Italian, Spanish. So that's already 11 Espeon for the first set.
Aquapolis has a holo and non-holo Espeon version, and is mostly likely released in the following languages: English, Japanse, German, Italian and perhaps also French. Both cards are also available as Reverse Holo in all these languages (except Japanese). Also, there is a Japanse 1st/unl. edition difference as well.

EX Sandstorm has one holo Espeon, and probably also a Reverse Holo version. I'm not entirely sure if the holo cards of the EX Sandstorm set also have differences in codes, or if this is exclusively for the non-Holo cards. Otherwise it has three codes for each of these: English, German, French, Italian, Japanse 1st, Japanse unl.

These are just the first two sets.. I would first determine how extensive you want your collection. If you want to do the same as me with my Pikachu Collection then this should give you a pretty good start, but there are probably also a lot of rare misprints, special releases, and other Japanese releases.

Good luck. :)

Greetz,
Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhhhhhh I think I'll just go with whatever I can get my hands on now. xD That is so many cards. I have a few of different language Espeon here and there but to go as far as to get mint versions of all of these...wow. That's a lot.

Well, I don't collect mint versions only. I prefer to obviously, but if I find one in played quality I still buy it to complete my collection. With ~750 Pikachu Cards from around the world I can't be too picky about quality tbh..

Greetz,
Quuador

Last edited:

Finding the espeon star from pop5 is gonna be a headache, LOL, but good luck

I actually have that one already. :3 The one that'll be impossible is the Japanese version. I cry every time.

As you may have note, I'm not very active here. I'm mainly active on the E4 forum..

Still, I've just uploaded my Pikachu collection video. I currently have the biggest Pikachu TCG collection in the world, with ± 700 unique Pikachu TCG cards. I figured it was worth an update here. :)

So, here it is.

Have a great year everyone.

Greetings,
Kevin

Fi4jWI7.jpg

You may be wondering why I'm posting this Pikachu. What's so special about it? Well, nothing actually. Just an ordinary Pikachu that was recently released. So why this post? Well, it's certainly special for me. This card marks my 1,000th unique Pikachu card!! :D Certainly something special I'd say, worthy of a post here as well.

Greetz,
Quuador

Back