• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Quoth The Raven....'s Claw....Nevermore (Honchkrow/Cacturne)

Kyle Brewer

YT Channel on Home Page of my profile :D
.....Nevermore
Anyway, this is more along the lines of a budget deck and I have been playing it a good bit and it works so I figured I would share this. Any comments or suggestions are welcome!
Pokémon:
1x Tapu Lele GX (When I say budget deck, I mean you can use the World Championship version with sleeves)
2x Cacnea (Crimson Invasion)
2x Cacturne (Crimson Invasion) ({g} Spike Rend- 30+ If your opponents active already has damage counters on it they take another 60}
{G} {C} Hunt- 40 Switch your opponents active.
3x Murkrow (Guardians Rising)
3x Honchkrow (Guardians Rising) ({D} Feint Attack- 30 to any Pokémon
{C} {C} Raven's Claw- 10+ 10 more for each damage counter on all of your opponent's Pokémon.
2x Tapu Koko (Promo) {C}{C} Flying Flip- 20 to every opponents Pokémon.
2x Zorua
1x Zoroark GX
=16 Pokémon
Trainers:
2x Ultra Ball
2x Nest Ball
1x Brigette
2x Choice Band
2x Field Blower
2x Devoured Field
3x N
2x Professor Sycamore
2x Crushing Hammer
2x Enhanced Hammer
3x Guzma
2x Evosoda
3x Rescue Stretcher
2x Counter Catcher
2x Acerola
=32 Trainers
Energy:
4x Counter Energy
4x DCE
4x Grass Energy
=12 Energy

Deck Idea:
The basis of this deck is to get Tapu Koko out as fast as possible to use Flying Flip to damage everything on your opponents side, while building up your bench to have Honchkrow come up when Koko gets KO'd to Raven's Claw for an insane amount of damage. Choice Bands are there to increase Raven's Claw's damage against GX accelerated decks along with Devoured Field. Cacturne is in there because of his Hunt attack which allows you to switch your opponents Pokémon. Plus, Cacturne also has Spike Rend which can do 90 for one Grass Energy, if they already have damage on them, which they hopefully will because of Koko. The reason the "Counter" cards are in the deck is to be able to do something if your opponent gets ahead before you can set up, which is entirely possible with the fast GX decks out now. Zoroark GX for trade to get the Energies you need and Lele for the ability of course. Hammers are in there to energy control your opponent, accompanied by the Field Blowers to junk items. Since it doesn't take long to get the Evo's out the Acerolas are in there for healing.
Let me know what you guys think, it's been play tested and it doesn't do too bad at all, but I feel there is something missing to really accelerate this deck. Thank you! :D

I think that you need a second Zoroark GX to get the stuff you need to set up. For this I would take out:

-1 counter Catcher (not needed)
+1 Zoroark GX

I took out the counter catcher because you don’t need as much switching things as you ha e now and the Zoroark is really good.

Hope I helped

I think that you need a second Zoroark GX to get the stuff you need to set up. For this I would take out:

-1 counter Catcher (not needed)
+1 Zoroark GX

I took out the counter catcher because you don’t need as much switching things as you ha e now and the Zoroark is really good.

Hope I helped
Counter Catcher is there for a bad start to bring up an opponents bench that has high retreat to buy some time. Float stone is an issue but it can work. The reason switching is a big part in this deck is because if there is a big GX on the bench that will be a problem later and all I have been doing is Flying Flip things for maybe 3 turns, then I can retreat Koko with zero cost and CC up one of the big GX's to Raven's Claw them. I see where you are coming from though, I am going to try it.

I get it. I get it.
Where’s Necrozma GX?
I see where you are going with Necrozma. I would play him but this is meant to be a low GX, one prize attacker deck. I know he can do 100 to GX's but Koko can do 20 to everything, and with Brigette running wild you should be able to do 20 to maybe 4 to 5 Pokémon. So there is at minimum, not including weakness, with Choice Band on Honchkrow and Devoured Field, 150 to the active. That's only if you Flying Flipped once. I get why Necrozma would be good but I feel the resources I will have to put into it would ultimately be wasted. I'm not sure though, now I am curious lol, I am going to try it out! Thank you

Back