Quick question:

BobTheFlub

Aspiring Trainer
Alright, my CC is in 2 days and I have just one question: which is a better starter, Dunsparse or Spinda? You can give other good starters, but these are the easiest ones for me to get ahold of. btw, I have a Fighting and Steel deck.

Thanks in advance.

The only starter that is used nowadays is Holon's Castform, and that's only in delta decks. In other decks, it is usually easiest to just use a solid Holon engine.

Out of those two, Dunsparce is the better, easily.

Spindas only plus is that it can prevent the opponet from using thier starter with its body and still hope to draw cards. Otherwise, dunspare is better...but for confusion, I would reconmend stantler, as it also disrupts too much to ignore as a possible starter.

As everyone says, Dunsparce is easily the best. However, you might want to check into Mawile (CG) as well if you can get a hold of it, since it fits in the Steel element of your deck anyway, or otherwise Lickitung (DF) for its Lap Up.

Whicker said:
The only starter that is used nowadays is Holon's Castform, and that's only in delta decks. In other decks, it is usually easiest to just use a solid Holon engine.

Out of those two, Dunsparce is the better, easily.

Holon's castform isn't the only starter used. As said earlier,mawile cg is great, and is one of the best searching cards in the format.

Dunsparce is good. Spinda is too flippy.:)

pokemonguy said:
you could still use snorlax DF. it needs no energy and can survive for a long time

Snorlax is not a good choice bcoz decks like King and Raieggs make it a free prize.:(

Plusle from Deoxys is a good starter. From the two that you have I would go with Dunsparce.

Actually, I find minun from the same set to be better then plusle...I'll leave it up to you guys to figure out why.

Dunsparce is muchbetter. Spinda is much too luck reliant. Can anyone say Mary's impulse?

Well to be honest mawile would be best for any deck that has low trainers/ lots of stage 2's/ tools. I don't like the luck of Jirachi, for the reason that you can get tails, and in addition to having fire weakness and being asleep, you not only can't attack, you have to either retreat or pick it up with scoop up or briney.

Back