Collecting QUESTION: How much would a small dent and nail mark affect a PSA grade?

pokecollector109

Aspiring Trainer
I have a card that has a very small, barely noticeable mark, like a crater. The surface is not broken, it's like someone pushed a pencil eraser into the front of the card very gently and pushed. The dent does not feel any different than the rest of the card, so the surface is still level.
On the back there is a fingernail mark from when someone was trying to remove it freom a sleeve.

How much would this affect a PSA or BGS grade? I was thinking for BGS...
Edges 9.5
Corners 8.5 (nail mark)
Surface 8 (dent)
Centering 9.5
Overall - 8.5 (NM+)

And for PSA it would be a flat 8.5 NM as well. What are your thoughts?

Even grading a card fresh out of the pack (as in you open a pack, and immediately put it in packaging and ship it to get graded) doesn't guarantee a PSA 9, much less a 10.

More likely then not a card with any damage on it is just going to get a mediocre grade (and won't increase in value at all)

Even grading a card fresh out of the pack (as in you open a pack, and immediately put it in packaging and ship it to get graded) doesn't guarantee a PSA 9, much less a 10.

More likely then not a card with any damage on it is just going to get a mediocre grade (and won't increase in value at all)

Thanks.
Im wondering if anyone who knows would know what the penalty for something like that would be??

I’ve never actually seen that type of dent. The print lines likely mean this will get an 8 though. Probably not worth grading it...

Just my opinion, but I don't think it's worth grading. First, with the damages I would assume it wouldn't get above an 8. Second, I also personally don't think it's worth it to grade the Shining Genesect as it's worth about a third of the price to grade it. Just my thoughts though.

Back