Ruling Question about retreating and Dragonite, also Darknees Energy question

scizor ex

Aspiring Trainer
http://pokebeach.com/sets/exds/003.jpg

Im not clear on retreating.. do you have to immediatly switch? Like lets say I was running Kabutops and Dragonite. I retreat Dragonite, discard 2 electric energy, the only 2 now in my discard, can I attach one to Kabutops just before I send him out?

Is retreating auto switch? Or can you hold off and then attach an electric energy to them before sending them out?

and for Darkness energy:

http://pokebeach.com/sets/exdf/57.jpg

If I attached a dark, would poison sting or whatever do 10+ flip for poison?

Is it +10 for all attacks, even attacks that dont flat out do damage?

Retreating is an automatic occurrence. If you want to attach Energy from your hand to your Pokémon, do it before or after retreating. If you're up against Cacturne ex or Dusclops from CG with their Cursed Glare Poké-Body, you have to be careful what you attach to your Active Pokémon. You should attach to your Benched guy, and then retreat.

Like dragon master pointed out, Darkness Energy only adds 10 more damage to attacks that have base damage to add 10 MORE damage to.

Darkness Energy only affects the Defending Pokémon. For attacks that let you pick a Pokémon and give, say, 50 damage to it, you would only get additional damage from Darkness Energy's effect if you chose the Defending Pokémon. Three Darks does 80 to their Active and only 50 to any of their Benched. One Dark does 60 to their Active and still only 50 to any of their Benched.

Hope this clears things up.

is darkness energy really changing into basic energy next year???
sry 2 ask this question cuz i'm new here....
how 2 increase the hit points, effort values, EXP points & level??

There are no effort values or EXP points or levels (yet), but HP can be increased with certain trainers like Low Pressure System, Energy Root, etc.

Darkness and Metal Energies are not exactly changing into basic Energy. Basic Energy versions of Darkness and Metal are going to be printed, but you can still use the Special Energy versions of the two in your deck.

You can use the basic energy for the attack needs only, no bonus or reduction for damage. Sometimes I wish the old Dark and metal energies were in play. They were interesting.

Back