• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Quad zoroark Prc-onward. next top anti-meta?

Tacotocano

Aspiring Trainer
So before bronzong decided to leave us ( with at least a triumphant farewell, due to genesects temporary rise just before rotation.) I was piloting several metal deck ideas. But now that metal links is a thing of the past, I took a darker approach. I bring you my quad zoroark deck.

Pokemon: 15
  • 4 Zorua BKT (either one works i play a 2-2 split)
  • 4 Zoroark BKT
  • 3 Zoroark Break BKT
  • 2 Yveltal (Oblivion Wing) GEN
  • 1 Yveltal (Fright Night) BKT
  • 1 Shaymin EX ROS

Supporters: 35
  • 4 pPofessor Sycamore
  • 2 N
  • 1 Judge
  • 2 Wally
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Level Ball
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 1 Captivating Poke Puff (more benched more damage :))
  • 2 Super Rod
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 3 Reverse Vally
  • 1 Sky Field

Energy: 10

• 4 Double Colorless
  • 6 Dark Energy

So the overall point in this deck is to surprise your opponent with all of the versatility of Zoroark. I added little techs like Poke Puff and sky field to maximize the damage from Mind Jack on the fly. Secondly Zoroark Break's Foul Play is a great attack when your opponent tries to keep their bench low (people hate having their own attack used against them at the price of one energy.)

Match ups: least favorable to favorable.

Mega Gardevior or any fairy deck.... these are the bane of this deck. They can keep their bench low while streaming healing cards and attacking you consistently. This makes Mind Jack useless and Foul Play doesn't really work here either. And to top it off they have that pesky resistance.

Greninja is an even to possible matchup. Honestly if you can set up before Water Shuriken starts flying, you can use Hex Maniac early on and Foul play for shadow stitch to disrupt them and try to take more prizes than them. Late game as well is nice for some devastating mind jacks. Lastly with the addition of having two Wally, it helps to out pace a lot of decks that would otherwise run circles around you.

Mega Rayquaza/ Jolteon (boxish deck?) Here is where you shine. Mega Rayquaza has to have a full bench of 8 to do anything to you, this means that Zoroark is licking his chops. Zoroark break can foul play for any attack making the entire field is your copy cat oyster. And finally the prize trade is in your favor, for every one they take on Zoroark you take two on their Rayquaza.

Any dark deck/mirror- even to favorable depends on how fast you set up.

-2 Whiny Voice Zorua
-1 Level Ball
-1 Sky Field

+2 Moonless Madness Zorua
+1 Brigette
+1 Darkness Energy

I feel auto confusion has more utility than picking a random card and hope it ruins their day. Brigette is a better option than a single Level Ball if you want to search Zorua. Brigette will also let you get your birds out, or Shaymin-EX if you absolutely need it. Sky Field is also not necessary in this deck. Smart players will limit their Bench size once they see Zoroark hit the field, and Rayquaza is gonna put Sky Field into play for you. That said, Rayquaza doesn't even need Sky Field in order to OHKO Zoroark BREAK while you need a full Bench to KO him back. I've added in an extra Darkness Energy just to make things a little easier on you, especially since Foul Play is incompatible with DCE.

Foul Play can also only target the attacks of your opponent's Active Pokemon. This is a very important difference from Mew-EX so I figured I should mention it.

-1 Sky Field

+1 Brigette
+1 Darkness Energy

I feel auto confusion has more utility than picking a random card and hope it ruins their day. Brigette is a better option than a single Level Ball if you want to search Zorua. Brigette will also let you get your birds out, or Shaymin-EX if you absolutely need it. Sky Field is also not necessary in this deck. Smart players will limit their Bench size once they see Zoroark hit the field, and Rayquaza is gonna put Sky Field into play for you. That said, Rayquaza doesn't even need Sky Field in order to OHKO Zoroark BREAK while you need a full Bench to KO him back. I've added in an extra Darkness Energy just to make things a little easier on you, especially since Foul Play is incompatible with DCE.

Foul Play can also only target the attacks of your opponent's Active Pokemon. This is a very important difference from Mew-EX so I figured I should mention it.[/QUOTE]
-2 Whiny Voice Zorua
-1 Level Ball
-1 Sky Field

+1 Brigette
+1 Darkness Energy

Foul Play can also only target the attacks of your opponent's Active Pokemon. This is a very important difference from Mew-EX so I figured I should mention it.

I can see what you are saying, Those changes make sense so I'll tinker around with them. On a side note i knew about foul play only being on the active I was alluding to the idea of being able to pick the pokemon from the bench with like lysandre and use their attack :p.

Ah, gotcha. That makes more sense.

I really like this deck for rotation. I'm going to try to find the room for two Zebstrika lines because it one shots Mega Rays, Yveltal Ex, and Shaymins no matter what.

I really like this deck for rotation. I'm going to try to find the room for two Zebstrika lines because it one shots Mega Rays, Yveltal Ex, and Shaymins no matter what.
Just from my list you could -1 level ball
-1 sky field
-poke puff
-1 yveltal
+2 blitzle
+2 zebstrika
This makes for a very hard hitting direct approach

Back