• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Quad Wobbuffet

SucyX

A Legit Seed
With Garbodor seeing less play due to the rotation psychic decks that are not garb its self might be able to shine again in the standard format. Quad Wobbuffet is a deck with simple premise block your opponents Pokemon from having abilities the whole game without them being able to do anything to make their abilities work while you try to deck them out.

DECK LIST

# of Pokemon 4

4x Wobbuffet PHF 36 or GEN RC11

# of Trainer cards 56

3x Professor Sycamore: XY 122, PHF 101, BKP 107, or STS 114

4x N: NOV 92, NOV 101, DAE 96, BWBSP 100, or FTC 105

3x Guzma: BUS 115 or 143

1x Brigette: BKT 161 or 134

1x Acerola: BUS 142 or 112

2x Team Skull Grunt: SUM 149 or 133

2x Team Flare Grunt: GEN 73 or XY 129

2x Plumeria: BUS 145 or 120

2x Team Rockets Handiwork: FTC 124 or 112

2x Delinquent: BKP 98

3x Skyla: BKT 148, BKP 122, or BOC 134 or 149

4x Crushing Hammer: EMP 92, LET 111, GEN 60, or SUM 115

3x Enhanced Hammer: DAE 94, PHF 94, GUR 124 or 162

2x Max Potion: EMP 94, PLF 121, BKP 103, GUR 128 or 164

4x Puzzle of Time: BKP 109

4x Super Scoop Up: FRLG 99, DES 100, DP 115, MAD 87, HSU 83, BW 103, FUF 100, BUS 124

2x Rescue Stretcher: GUR 130

3x Repel: SUM 130

3x Random Receiver: DAE 99, PLS 138, FTC 109

3x Field Blower: GUR 163 or 125

# of Energy 0

Thought on the Deck

So that is my decklist for Quad Wobbufett just know though I am not the best at making deck lists. Despite that fact that garb is going to be seeing a lot less play because of rotation does not mean garb is not going to be a thing. If you are playing against garb you will get ABSOLUTELY DEMOLISHED because trashalance is hitting you for weakness, you are playing a lot of item cards, and it costs only 1 energy. So I don't think this deck is that good because of garb. But below are some tips and things about some cards I play.

Tips and Card Choices

Try to avoid playing Sycamore you really don't want to be discarding cards and also remember you are trying to mill you opponent if you play too many sycamores you might mill yourself.

Plumeria I think is such a underrated card. Plumeria has helped me in situations when my opponent is trying to build up a Pokemon on a bench and my hammers fail. Sure discarding 2 cards from you hand is painful but its not that bad.

Acerola, Super Scoop Up, and max potion pretty much have the same purpose if your wobb gets damaged you can heal all it's damage but the more I think about it I think I have too many of these in my deck.

Skyla can help you search many things like hammers, puzzle of times, N or sycamore for next turn, max potion, and many other things. I feel like Skyla is just really good in mill decks.

Random Receiver is used because you do not have any Tapu Lele, It's simple play a receiver and you get a supporter.

Nest Ball: You don't need ultra ball you are only playing basic Pokemon that don't have a ability where you do something when you play it from your hand onto your bench.

Other things

This deck is definitely not top tier don't bring this to a tournament thinking you will wreck everyone.

If you can't tell already I didn't use the PTCGO copy and paste decklist thing I actually completely forgot about it so I pretty much spent a hour doing something I could do in 10 seconds lol

This deck is for fun like I said it's not really a top tier deck it's very inconsistent at times

Please suggest changes to this list I want to see what can make this deck better

It depends on meta but atm I cant see this viable as golisopod garb is prevalent as well as drampa garb. If your meta is more gard/metagross/volc than I can see it being bit more viable. I feel the stonger build for deck like this is quad sylveon. You will play alot of same energy denial and all but dont have weakness to garb and dnt rely on abilities after eevee evolves nor need for items like random reciever that are very inconsistent.

It depends on meta but atm I cant see this viable as golisopod garb is prevalent as well as drampa garb. If your meta is more gard/metagross/volc than I can see it being bit more viable. I feel the stonger build for deck like this is quad sylveon. You will play alot of same energy denial and all but dont have weakness to garb and dnt rely on abilities after eevee evolves nor need for items like random reciever that are very inconsistent.
Like I said in the post it's more of a fun deck then something to take to tournaments. I'm aware garb is still a thing but I was just saying it most likely the format will most likely not be filled with garb like pre-burning shadows cause people are now playing more heavy supporter lines and less item cards with the loss of vs seeker. Also it seems like we are moving towards a Gardevoir heavy format so it might be viable in the future.

Back