• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Quad Sylveon

juunkmilk

3nd coming
I've played competitively since 2009 but am just now coming back from a roughly 2 year break. This is the first deck I built on returning and it's played well on PTCGO but I don't think that's exactly a good metric for meta match ups. Mostly posting to see what y'all say about this deck's viability after the last few sets, is it useless now with increased metal support? is there an obvious counter to it i'm missing ? is there some new key card i've failed to notice and put in?

Pokémon
4-3 Sylveon GX

T/S/S
4 Delinquent
4 Team Flare Grunt
2 Team Rocket's Handiwork
1 Team Skull Grunt
2 N
1 Guzma

2 Fairy Garden
2 Parallel City

4 Crushing Hammer
3 Enhanced Hammer
3 Red Card
1 Choice Band
2 Weakness Policy
1 Energy Recycler
1 Field Blower
3 Max Potion

Energy
12 Fairy
2 DCE

Thanks in advance for feedback

Last edited:
I was thinking maybe Sylveon Garbodor can work now. It stops all energy acceleration. So it should block metagross and magnezone along with Volcanion and Bulu. These are all bad match ups.

So i will be testing sth like

4x eevee
3x sylveon
1x ralts
1x gadevoir
2x trubbish
2x garbodor with garbotoxin
1x Hoopa from SL

Maybe 1x devolve Espoeon.

I will start without Gardevoir to test more consistent list.

4x nest ball

The rest i am still trying to figure out

For sure i am playing 1x Pal pad. Maybe some Cynthia to help me set up 1st turn.

I wouldnt recommend playing Mount Lanakila. I dont think its any good. Parallel City is much better.

noro said:
garbodor is an interesting pairing idea, i def would leave out the gardy because i think having a big attacker in a deck like this is sort of just admitting it's own uselessness, like a sylveon/ gardy will never be as good as just a straight gardevoir deck. small steps in too many directions imo.
in fact i worry so much about depleting the trainer resources of sylveon i might even try a 1-1 garbo instead of a 2-2, maybe a 1-1 and a town map in case of emergency.
i wish i actually ever encountered metagross or bulu online so i could test it successfully.
thanks for the feedback!

Sylveon is praised because of it's amazing ability to get a 100% eevee start. Adding trubbish and gardevoir completely ruins that. Gardevoir is useless, this is a stall deck. Mount Lanilaka is one of the worst stadiums in the format right now. I would increase the parallel city count. I have also noticed that you have no methods of recycling your supporters, which is CRUCIAL in sylveon. I would take out a couple of the delinquents (4 is too many) and add in some lusamine. Also, pal pad is another shuffle card, however it is a bit slower. Pokemon center lady is weak compared to max potion, so switch them. Energy recycler is pretty bad, you could just put another energy into the deck instead. Plumeria is bad compared to team flare grunt, and you DO NOT want to discard cards. 4 red card is a bit excessive, replace them with some other disruption cards. I would run float stone so you can send a hurt sylveon to the bench. Bodybuilding dumbbells is outclassed by max potion, so drop that. there are other things, but I am too lazy to explain.

Changes:

-2 Delinquent
-4 Mt. Lanikila
-Pokemon Center Lady
-Bodybuilding Dumbbells
-3 Red Card
-Energy Recycler
-2 Plumeria

Open slots:14

+3 Lusamine
+1 Pal Pad
+2 Parallel city
+1 Team Flare grunt
+1 Fairy Energy
+1 Max Potion
+1 Field Blower
+1 Enhanced Hammer
+2 Float Stone
+1 Guzma

These are the changes I would make to the decklist, but you don't have to listen to me.

This is all valid thank you. the last couple games i was looking at my lanakilas like 'why am i playing this card? i literally only play a stage 1' that said tho i've never had opporunity to parallel city pokemon off of someone's bench more than twice in a game, so yea 2 or 3 is probably enough.
Plumeria is bad for sure, i should have noticed myself that i never use it when it's in my hand.
The red card / stadium / delinquent combo is the most oppressive / effective thing about sylveon imo so i disagree with dropping the delinquent count, altho red card could go to 3 if i need to add something else.
Also ime 4 enhanced hammers is overkill and won't all be used in a game, though that might change with ultra prism's effect on the meta. if i constantly deny people their hands they tend to be unable to attach energy in the first place.
Disagree that dumbbells is outclassed by max potion b/c it doesn't discard energy
Literally didn't know pal pad was a card and am now putting it in several of my decks so thanks for that

here are the changes i just made:

-1 energy recycler
-2 plumeria
-1 red card
-4 lanakila
-1 pokemon center lady

+2 parallel city
+2 fairy garden (prize denial)
+2 pal pad
+1 lusamine
+1 team flare grunt
+1 fairy energy

Last edited:
prooobably gonna add a weakness policy maybe 2 so i don't auto loss to necrozma/magnezone/etc
-1 parallel city
-1 dumbbells

+2 weakness policy

2 might be overdoing it considering what magical ribbon does but I wanna test it first
(this is a bump i guess)

prooobably gonna add a weakness policy maybe 2 so i don't auto loss to necrozma/magnezone/etc
-1 parallel city
-1 dumbbells

+2 weakness policy

2 might be overdoing it considering what magical ribbon does but I wanna test it first
(this is a bump i guess)
Dusk Mane OHKO's with out weakness

I've played competitively since 2009 but am just now coming back from a roughly 2 year break. This is the first deck I built on returning and it's played well on PTCGO but I don't think that's exactly a good metric for meta match ups. Mostly posting to see what y'all say about this deck's viability after the last few sets, is it useless now with increased metal support? is there an obvious counter to it i'm missing ? is there some new key card i've failed to notice and put in?

Pokémon
4-3 Sylveon GX

T/S/S
4 Delinquent
4 Team Flare Grunt
2 Team Rocket's Handiwork
1 Team Skull Grunt
2 N
1 Guzma

2 Fairy Garden
2 Parallel City

4 Crushing Hammer
3 Enhanced Hammer
3 Red Card
1 Choice Band
2 Weakness Policy
1 Energy Recycler
1 Field Blower
3 Max Potion

Energy
12 Fairy
2 DCE

Thanks in advance for feedback
Puzzle of Time is needed, also maybe one lusamine

yea but it also takes up 4 card slots, and running out of resources isn't an issue i've had with this deck.
But those puzzle of time are pretty much like a variable version of those 4 slots, because you can get whatever cards you want with them. So, for example, instead of running another enhanced hammer or something, you can run puzzles and get that enhanced hammer back. or anything you want. It is also useful for getting DCE, Team Flare Grunt, or anything you need.

Back