• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Quad Sylveon (please critique)

JEwart

Aspiring Trainer
4x Eevee
3x Sylveon GX
1x Vaporeon
1x Wobbuffet

3x N
2x Lysandre
2x Skull Grunt
2x Flare Grunt
2x Delinquent
1x Rocket's Handiwork
1x Steven
1x Hex

2x Nest Ball
2x Red Card
2x E Hammer
4x Crushing Hammer
3x Max Potion
4x Puzzle Of Time
1x Super Rod
1x Float Stone
4x VS Seeker
1x Parallel City
2x Silent Lab

2x DCE
9x Fairy

EDIT: It is a Disruption/Mill deck for those who don't know.

Last edited:
First of all, what is your intended deck strategy? Knowing this will help customize follow-on feedback.

With only 5 Basic Pokémon, chances are you'll mulligan "a lot" giving your opponent potential opportunities to draw "lots" of extra cards which could yeld significant advantages for your opponent. One way of mitigating the risk of giving your opponent a large hand size is to run a countering number of Judge and/or N.

Secondly, why do you have only 3 card-draw cards and no Professor Sycamore (considered to be the strongest card-draw support in the game)?

Why run Silent Lab? Should you put Silent Lab into play, this Stadium will negate your Eevee's Ability (assuming you plan to run this one) to evolve via energy attachment.

Why no Field Blower?

I would drop the Wobbuffet, because it's not only blocking Eevee's ability, but it's also making it very hard to find Eevee in the beginning of the game.. So starting with Wob means losing the game after few turns..

Is there a reason for vaporeon? I assume Volcanion-ex matchups (weakness)? But in that case you should add flareon/jolteon to for other decks..? Personally I prefer to focus on disruption only and not attacking, so i would drop vaporeon from the list.

So this is what i would do:
- 1 wobbuffet
- 1 vaporeon
- 1 Steven (to slow, you have Magical Ribbon, if it's for the energy then add Professor's letter)
- 2 Nest balls (you can get the second Eevee with Magical Ribbon if it doesn't come out at the start.. The other Eevee's will find there way to the bench by the many N's that you will face)
+ 1 professors letter (see Steven)
+ 2 Flare grunt (getting rid of your opponent energy is one of the most important things here)
+ 1 Parallel city
+ 1 Field blower (to erase those annoying choice bands and float stones)

First of all, what is your intended deck strategy? Knowing this will help customize follow-on feedback.

With only 5 Basic Pokémon, chances are you'll mulligan "a lot" giving your opponent potential opportunities to draw "lots" of extra cards which could yeld significant advantages for your opponent. One way of mitigating the risk of giving your opponent a large hand size is to run a countering number of Judge and/or N.

Secondly, why do you have only 3 card-draw cards and no Professor Sycamore (considered to be the strongest card-draw support in the game)?

Why run Silent Lab? Should you put Silent Lab into play, this Stadium will negate your Eevee's Ability (assuming you plan to run this one) to evolve via energy attachment.

Why no Field Blower?

1. Only 5 basics because its all you need. Any more would clog the deck. They can draw lots of cards I don't care. I play red card, delinquent, and hammers to ruin their fun.

2. No sycamore because resources in this deck are essential and cant just be thrown away. Sylveons attack lets you get any three cards you want any way. Even if you get N'ed you are getting a new hand for free.

3. I do run Eevee with energy evolution. Running lab has never slowed me down or hindered my set up. If I am smart I play it down after ability. Otherwise I can always delinquent it away.

4. I have considered field blower but have just never tested it. it will probably go in but for what I don't know.

I would drop the Wobbuffet, because it's not only blocking Eevee's ability, but it's also making it very hard to find Eevee in the beginning of the game.. So starting with Wob means losing the game after few turns..

Is there a reason for vaporeon? I assume Volcanion-ex matchups (weakness)? But in that case you should add flareon/jolteon to for other decks..? Personally I prefer to focus on disruption only and not attacking, so i would drop vaporeon from the list.

So this is what i would do:
- 1 wobbuffet
- 1 vaporeon
- 1 Steven (to slow, you have Magical Ribbon, if it's for the energy then add Professor's letter)
- 2 Nest balls (you can get the second Eevee with Magical Ribbon if it doesn't come out at the start.. The other Eevee's will find there way to the bench by the many N's that you will face)
+ 1 professors letter (see Steven)
+ 2 Flare grunt (getting rid of your opponent energy is one of the most important things here)
+ 1 Parallel city
+ 1 Field blower (to erase those annoying choice bands and float stones)

The only thing that I may end up doing with this is taking out Steven for Field Blower. Vaporeon is in there instead of any others because against a good Volc player the matchup is very hard and vaporeon can swing that into your favor. Flareon isn't needed for DeciduPlume because you beat it anyway. May want it for Lurantis but it isn't played right now because of all the Volc. Jolteon isn't needed because M Ray is already a good matchup and I already one shot Shays.

Okay seems logic. But if you are going for the attack with sylveon.. Then i would change Wob with the flareon.. I think it will help you out more? And in that case i would change the nest ball with level ball. Because level ball can also get vaporeon and flareon.

Back