• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Quad Sigilyph

PokéCastXVll

Pokémon Connoisseur
Hey everyone,

So a friend of mine recently played this deck at a Battle Roads scoring 2nd place. Was an interesting concept so I wanted to share it whilst also getting some feedback. Anyway, here's the deck:

Pokemon:

4 - Sigilyph - DRX
1 - Mewtwo EX - ND

Trainers:

4 - Pokemon Catcher
4 - Crushing Hammer
4 - Random Receiver
4 - Level Ball
4 - Eviolite
3 - PlusPower
3 - Enhanced Hammer
2 - Super Rod
2 - Tool Scrapper

Supporters:

4 - Professor Juniper
4 - N
2 - Cheren

Stadiums:

2 - Skyarrow Bridge

Energy:

{P} - 9
{C}{C} - 4

So the concept is reflectively simple, most people can tackle a single Sigilyph, but can they get around four? I've found Terrakion can prove to be trouble at times however, you can potentially two shot it.

Anyway, be sure to let me know what you think!

Nice deck,
When they knock out your mewtwo with an EX, then retreat and put up a non EX, what are you going to do?
+1 mewtwo EX

Pluspower isn't included in very many decks this format.
-1 pluspower

Hope I helped!

Random Numbers said:
Nice deck,
When they knock out your mewtwo with an EX, then retreat and put up a non EX, what are you going to do?
+1 mewtwo EX

Bring up a Sigilyph that they can't hit?

Also, I would consider adding another Tool Scraper, because against Garbodor this deck will have a real hard time. And extra Mewtwo would help against alot of decks that use multiple Terrakion or regular Zekrom. Also afte rthe next set comes out, you'll need to work out a counter to VileBox, which will work at OHKOing all of your pokemon.

Random Numbers said:
Nice deck,
+1 mewtwo EX

Pluspower isn't included in very many decks this format.
-1 pluspower

Hope I helped!

I think it really depends on what they promote. I can't really think of too many things that are used in top tier decks that'll provide too much of a problem. PlusPower's a really overlooked card IMO. It helps getting over a lot of obstacles, Sableye and Terrakion being a few.

Keeper of Night said:
Also, I would consider adding another Tool Scraper, because against Garbodor this deck will have a real hard time. And extra Mewtwo would help against alot of decks that use multiple Terrakion or regular Zekrom. Also afte rthe next set comes out, you'll need to work out a counter to VileBox, which will work at OHKOing all of your pokemon.

Tool Scrapper's not a bad call, but the reason why it never really bothers me having a Garbodor on the field is that with weakness, you can one shot it anyway. I find Eviolited Darkrai's a tough one to get around, just because of the little amount of damage they take, which is what it was primarily in there for.

I'm still unsure on Vileplume, I know it'll make its way into the format somehow but I'm not sure how as of yet. Is it really going to see much play though?

Concept is highly interesting. What age division are you and your friend in? I want to say Boffulant DRE for more EX hate, but that opens up the prize exchange.

numberonewill said:
Concept is highly interesting. What age division are you and your friend in? I want to say Boffulant DRE for more EX hate, but that opens up the prize exchange.

Both in Masters. The only thing I recall him losing to all day was Darkrai/Hydreigon which you'd assume would normally be a good match up for Sigilyph. I'm quite certain he lost on time though, due to a Darkrai having Eviolite on it or something?

This deck is bonkers. Currently 10/0 on ptcgo. Even against terrakion I won, the mewtwo dce x2 start helped me though.

Fusion said:
This deck is bonkers. Currently 10/0 on ptcgo. Even against terrakion I won, the mewtwo dce x2 start helped me though.

Haha, glad you like it! =D

I'm quite confident even in the BC format it'll only get better, just have to watch out for Blastoise though...

Hi, I want to thanks the person who share this quad sigilyph deck list. without this or her help I don't think i can win my first regionals champion. this is a update of the deck list at my version

4 - Sigilyph - DRX
2 - Mewtwo EX - ND

Trainers:

4 - Pokemon Catcher
4 - Crushing Hammer
3 - Level Ball
2 - Eviolite
4 - PlusPower
3 - Enhanced Hammer
2 - Super Rod
2 - Tool Scrapper
1 - Ultra ball
1- Computer search

Supporters:

4 - Professor Juniper
4 - N
4 - Cheren
2 - Skyla

Stadiums:

2 - Skyarrow Bridge

Energy:

Psychic energy - 8
DCE - 4

tgzk said:
Hi, I want to thanks the person who share this quad sigilyph deck list. without this or her help I don't think i can win my first regionals champion.

Aha, no problem... Glad it worked for you! =]

Back