• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Pyroar / Vileplume

Ironman131

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 16
  • 3 Pyroar FLF
  • 1 Pyroar PHF
  • 4 Litleo
  • 2 Vileplume (Bandit Ring)
  • 2 Gloom (Bandit Ring)
  • 2 Oddish (Bandit Ring)
  • 2 Lugia EX (Bandit Ring)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 32
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Blacksmith
  • 2 Wally
  • 2 AZ
  • 3 Battle Compressor
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
Energy: 12
  • 8 Fire Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy:

The Goal is the attack with Pyroar while locking your opponent out of item cards. The deck will slow the opponents deck down. Lugia EX is a big attacker that can hit some higher numbers. AZ is your switching card when Vileplume gets Lysandred to the active spot. The deck is meant to be an XY and on deck.

Oh nice idea! I certainly like the idea of a Basic/Vileplume core, and it looks consistent enough to work ^_^ I'm not sure if Lugia really fits in the deck, but I guess extra support may be needed.
-3 Battle Compressor (I don't really see why you'd need three. Or any actually. I'd assume its just to get [R] energy into your discard, and possibly Supporters, but it feels like a bit of a waste of space. There are other cards I think would be better to utilize in this deck.)
-1 Lysandre (I'm honestly two-minded about this. I don't really think there is space for a consistent Lysandre line.)

+3 Giant Plant Forest (AOR) or Scorched Earth (It is really your choice here. It depends if you want to focus on getting an item lock ASAP or you want to have a fairly consistent draw after item lock. Former would be best for speed but latter would be best for consistency.)
+1 Hex Maniac (AOR) (This may seem like a weird choice, but it would be useful to cut your item lock when you're getting really stuck. Ace Trainer (from AOR) or Fan Club could also be a nice fit in this spot.)

Could you please include scans / text for cards that have yet to be released from the next set? Thanks!

Back