• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Pyroar and Friends (Pyroar / Mewtwo EX / Reshiram)

Mr.Muffin

Cooler than Everyone who is less Cool than Me!
Pokemon:

• 4 Litleo(70 HP)
    4 Pyroar
    2 Mewtwo EX
    1 Druddigon
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Juniper
    4 N
    4 Ultra Ball
    4 Muscle Band
    4 Switch
    3 Escape Rope
    4 Lysandre
    4 Pokemon Catcher
    4 Roller Skates
    4 Bicycle
Energy:

• 10 Fire Energy
    4 DCE

Strategy:
My goal is to do what most Pyroar decks do stop basic decks. I have compiled some other attackers to help me in this task. I put in three Float Stones to switch around them. Mewtwo EX is there for the easy Yveltal kills, and taking out fighting decks easier(that aren't Landy or Lucario). Baby Reshiram is there to stall or tank when I get a bad start. I can do 120 and get some energy in the discard for Blacksmith, and Outrage can help me get damage on field for Pyroar to take the damage.

I'm currently running Pyroar/Mewtwo updated for next format.

You don't need Reshiram, Mewtwo deals with anything that is a threat to Pyroar, up the MewtwoEX to 3.

Take out Float Stone and put in Switch/Escape Rope, you're going to have Muscle Band attached to your active most of the time, up the Muscle Band to 4.

Take out Blacksmith, it's slow and not needed.

Take out Fiery Torch, it's too situational needing the fire energy and you don't need so many energy so it will let you drop some, put in 3 Bicycle and up the Roller Skates to 4.

Take out Fan Club, it's a waste of a Supporter.

Take out Laser, Skyla and Microphone, you don't need them.

Microphone is very poor at dealing with Garbodor when you have an abiliy that's active during the opponents turn as they can just attach another, you need to deal with the Garbodor directly, up the Lysandre to 4 and put in 4 Pokemon Catcher.

I don't agree with some of the counts of cards in this list. 4 Lysandre and 4 Catcher just seems like overkill to me. And I feel that the Trainer based draw should supplement your Supporter draw rather than make up for a lack of Supporters. But I guess you don't too many options. Colress sounds nice until you realize you only have 6 Basics and one tech. If you could find room for another Mewtwo and maybe some other Pokemon like Raichu you could get more use out of it. Also what's with 4 Switch on top of 3 Escape Rope?

I agree with mora. drop the lysandre count to 2, get rid of the escape rope completly 4 switch will be plenty. Drop N down to 3. That gives you room for 6 cards. 1 card should be dowzing machine or computer search. I would put in 3 blacksmith because it is you energy accelartion. Put in 1 pal pad and 1 sacred ash so you can get resources back. You could also drop a mewtwo EX for a charizard EX with combustion blast.

I peronally like flame torch over bicycle because it allows you to draw cards no matter your hand size where you need less than 4 to get anything with bicycle.

Back