• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Pumpkin Bomb/Tool Drop featuring U-Turn Board

Plaquesanta

೭੧(❛〜❛✿)੭೨
Ok, so after a nice long break I've decided to jump back in to the game since this pandemic has me super bored in my apartment 24/7. This is the first deck that I've brewed up since then. I've been a big fan of Gourgeist (Pumpkin Bomb – [c][c] 10+ 40 damage for each tool card you discard from your Pokemon) since it came out, but the amount of tools required to get any amount of damage on the board was greatly limited by the fact that adding enough tools completely messed with the consistency of your deck.

Not anymore! With Jirachi and U-Turn board, I was able to reduce the amount of tools down to 8, and I was even able to add Tool Drop Trubbish and Trashalanche into the mix.

Here's the decklist:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 3 Jirachi TEU 99
* 1 Mimikyu GRI 58
* 1 Mr. Mime PLF 47
* 3 Pumpkaboo XY 56
* 3 Trubbish PLS 65
* 2 Garbodor GRI 51
* 3 Gourgeist CIN 45

##Trainer Cards - 36

* 4 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 1 Computer Search BCR 137
* 3 N DEX 96
* 2 Dimension Valley PHF 93
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Super Rod NVI 95
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Teammates PRC 141
* 4 Escape Board UPR 122
* 1 Guzma BUS 143
* 4 U-Turn Board UNM 211
* 2 Adventure Bag LOT 167
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 8

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 4 Psychic Energy XYEnergy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

The basic idea is to set up with Jirachi, making sure you get as many Trubbish and Pumpkaboo that you can manage on the board. From there your focus is to attack with Trubbish until you can get a big attack with Gourgeist. Swinging for 250 on turn 3 is one of my favorite things to do with any deck, and with this deck it's definitely possible a lot of the time. The key here is to get as many U-Turn Boards in play as possible. At the very least mid-game you're hitting for 170 every turn as long as your hand doesn't get disrupted.

As far as the deck composition, I'm not too satisfied yet. I wish there was room for Float Stone, another Dimension Valley, and another Guzma. Switching can become an issue early game, as your tools only reduce your retreat cost by 1, and both Pumpkaboo and Trubbish have a retreat cost of 2.

The other issue I'm running into is there's a definite damage ceiling on this deck–250. That's enough to take out Pikachu & Zekrom (which is fantastic for a deck like this) but you're going to be stretching to knock out anything above that. With all of the healing and scooping that's in-format in Expanded, this can be downright annoying. It'd be cool to find room for a Scoop Up Block Mime, but I think finding a better solution for hitting 270 would be the smarter move. Kukui comes to mind, but I always feel dumb putting Kukui in decks nowadays. Draw 2 is not enough for a stage 1 deck that relies on supporter draw power to refresh your hand each turn.

I'm thinking about ditching Trashalanche, since it seems like most players are either savvy to playing against it, or they're just not relying on items as much as they did in years past.

Any suggestions? Thanks!