Tournament PTCGO Uncommon/Common Tourney - Finished!

superdan51

Make Metagross-GX Great!
Due to school and prior commitments and just a general lack of wanting to even play PTCGO right now, im recusing myself from the tournament and Rainyman will win by technical default.

Good luck to everyone, and I hope there are some good game ahead.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I beat @rainyman123 2-0 despite some of the worst draws in history in game one. I won game one literally because my draw for turn out of my two-card deck was the one card I needed, allowing me to take my last Prize. Game 2 he got nothing and conceded after a few turns. GGs anyway.

Nyan

She/They
Alright, as @bdov777 hasn't appeared to have been seen in 8 days, matches will continue normally

People who have matches, you know who you are ;)

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I lost 2-0 to TurtleParkour. Delinquent screwed me in game one and game two I had a completely dead hand while he was hitting me for weakness so I conceded a couple turns in. No hard feelings, congrats on winning.

People in the chat have been asking about my deck so I will post my list and talk about it a bit.

@TheNyanCatXD

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
So here's the deck I used. In theory, it can beat everything, probably except Donphan. Damn Water weakness, lol.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 4 Miltank FLF 83
* 1 Oddish BCR 1
* 2 Oddish BUS 4
* 2 Gloom BCR 2
* 3 Bellossom AOR 4

##Trainer Cards - 40

* 4 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 1 Lillie SUM 147
* 1 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 2 PlusPower UL 80
* 3 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 3 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 2 Skyla BKT 148
* 3 Silent Lab PRC 140
* 1 Guzma BUS 143
* 1 Brigette BKT 161
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 N FCO 105
* 1 Lysandre FLF 104
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 Muscle Band XY 121

##Energy - 8

* 8 Grass Energy 1

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

With most of the real problem Pokemon banned already, there weren't many attackers left that could do huge amounts of damage. Miltank was one of them--80 damage in this format is a ton, especially for one Energy--but there weren't many Stage 2 Pokemon available for use. I couldn't afford to have them be just a Bench sitter, so they needed to be able to swing when I need them to and also have a low Retreat Cost to prevent stalling. Charizard GEN was banned, which left Bellossom AOR, Dustox ROS, Gardevoir RC1, Nidoqueen PRC, Serperior RC1, and Unfezant ROS #80. Dustox, Serperior, and Unfezant are all bad, so it was a choice between Bellossom, Gardevoir, and Nidoqueen. Nidoqueen is the strongest, but the huge Retreat Cost combined with the low number of Energy made it undesirable. Gardevoir is really weak, but Eternal Radiance is pretty cool in a format where most things can't kill Gardevoir in one hit. In the end, I decided on Bellossom. Bellossom not only has a low Retreat Cost, but its attacks are both pretty passable. One gets Miltank back up front, and the other redistributes my Energy in case I'm finna die. Eighty damage with a Band is pretty spiffy too.

Oddish and Gloom from BCR were used because they retreat for one. They also conveniently have a Resistance, and the others do not.

Silent Lab stops problematic Abilities like Energy Evolution, Propagation, Innards Out, More Poison, and Farewell Letter. It notably saved my ass in one of my matches by shutting Seviper off, allowing me to survive a turn and die going into my turn instead of his. Shout outs to that dude, that was my hardest match by far.

Lastly, the two PlusPower were meant to push Miltank's damage to 110, since that was the most damage I had ever expected to need to do. Of course, I didn't even know about Gogoat and its 120 HP, or Donphan and its 130 HP god why wasn't this banned. I don't think it ever got me a KO but they were nice to have as insurance. In the future I probably wouldn't include them.

Anyway this is a meme meta so there's no point in going through matchups. Fighting Pokemon not called Donphan are colossally bad in this format so Miltank essentially has no Weakness. It has enough HP to survive a hit and is strong enough to take OHKOs for a single Energy, which is why I said that, in theory, it can beat just about anything. It's a fun deck and I'm not gonna complain about taking second with it.

Jpkemperor

Deck Builder and Researcher
Well, rather than saying sorry I will say thank you all for waiting :)

@Jpkemperor vs @rainyman123, Jpkemperor wins 2-1

I must admit I was impressed by all of my opponents' creativity. Donphan should honestly be banned from this format though (no, I'm not salty for thinking it was a rare...)

The deck I played was Duosion / Golbat. I believe Duosion has one of the highest damage outputs reaching 120 with muscle band

I'm looking forward to the next edition of this tournament. Lots of fun :D

semurphy444

Aspiring Trainer
I played with a Glalie (GUR); that I also tried to pair up with Rough Seas, Lana & Bodybuilding Dumbells- I hoped that I could keep it in 2 shot range; but its damage output was 150... however the energy cost was up there- I tried to pair it with Dragonair's- Dragon Wish... It didnt go so hot.

Nyan

She/They
...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's done! I thank everyone for participating! This was a whole lot of fun to run, and i'm excited to say that it's gonna be happening again!

The next tourney will be just like this one but a bit of a change: Special energy is legal! This will result in an extension of the banlist (and yes, that includes Donphan due to Strong Energy). I also will not be hosting the next tourney, as I want to play this time xP. @Neurowolf or @rainyman123 will likely be hosting, however, we have yet to decide

The host will post the thread as soon as we are ready! I'll also be distributing prizes as fast as possible, I just have had a few problems that have been holding me back