PTCGO Now Available for Android Tablets!

My phone is android, and as big, of not bigger than some tablets that I've seen, and still no support? :oops: you could make the argument that the size of the phones are too small for all of the functions, but android phones are BIG!

It's about time. I've been waiting for this for some time now. It will probably be about the same as the iPad version but still it's nice to have a bit of a wider variety and especially since the PTCGO is now open to android users that means new players.

Can someone please help me I have an Android tablet but when I click on the link to the play store it just says item not found and I just got this Tablet last black Friday so it should work for me.

Can someone please help me I have an Android tablet but when I click on the link to the play store it just says item not found and I just got this Tablet last black Friday so it should work for me.
I'm assuming it isn't Live yet, you probably have to give it a couple of hours for it to show up.

Does the redeem button work?
The apple app has been without a working redeem button since the last update!
FYI it's a huge file to download from iTunes :-(

To work on an Android, you have to go to the Pokemon announcement web page from the link above and get to the download there. You can't go directly to the Google Play store to find it yet since it is still considered Beta.

(Probably) stupid question: Do I actually need to buy card packs to play on PTCGO?

I like using TCG sims but I'd never imagine paying for packs because I don't care enough to actually play the game in any real competitive capacity.

(Probably) stupid question: Do I actually need to buy card packs to play on PTCGO?

I like using TCG sims but I'd never imagine paying for packs because I don't care enough to actually play the game in any real competitive capacity.

The quickest way (IMO) to build a collection up on PTCGO is to just buy the code cards separate from the packs, they usually run anywhere from $0.30 to $1.00 depending on what set they are from (roaring skies being one of the more expensive code cards because of the Shaymin craze). Each code card grants a 10 card booster pack and if you open a hundred packs on PTCGO (roughly $40 worth of code cards) your collection will grow pretty quickly and you will get a good amount of stuff you want, and stuff that you can trade.

Code cards are also used as currency if you don't open the booster packs online, but you can trade booster packs for cards in the game from other people. Its a whole economy based around them and it can get pretty crazy.

The game is pretty unstable right now (I have the game on my Verizon Ellipsis tablet, and it crashes on the middle of a game so often I'm starting to think that this was a mistake.). My advice is to wait for FCO and see if things stabilize.

Back