• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format PTCGO legacy accelgor deck

Blergsid

Aspiring Trainer
Before i go into this, this is just for those of you who don't know, on PTCGO there is an alt format called legacy, in which all cards from hgss base to legendary treasures are legal(so bacsically heartgold soulsilver to black and white eras.) this is why i have no x/y cards and have older cards like junk arm and professor oaks new theory.

pokemon-22
3 accelgor(deck and cover)
3 shelmet
2 mew ex
3 gothita
1 gothorita
3 gothitelle(item lock)
2 duskull
2 dusknoir(sinister hand)
1 jirachi ex
2 victini ex

energy- 4
4 DCE

trainers:34
1 junk arm(if i get more ill add more, but this is what i have right now.)
3 professor oaks new theory
3 professor juniper
3 n
2 pokemon catcher
1 random receiver
1 bicycle
2 silver bangles
2 virbank gyms
2 skyla
1 victory piece
3 level ball
3 ultra ball
4 rare candy
3 float stone

The basic idea is a lock cycle with accelgor's deck and cover attack, with gothorita to add item lock and dusknoir to make sure nothing is knocked out. The dce powers up the attack in one turn, and is recycled when accelgor is shuffled into deck. Mew is so you don't need an accelgor every turn, because it is a stage 1. Jirachi is for extra consistency, because it allows you to search out a supporter. Most of the trainers are to help set up, but bangle and virbank are to get more damage on the field. float stone is for the gothitelle to give it free retreat, so it can go right back to an attacker without needing a switch or anything. Catcher is to target down keldeo's on the bench, because with his ability he can break the lock for some time. He can also be hit for massive damage to help end the game sooner with his grass weakness. the skyla and victory piece are for this deck's worst matchup against genesect with virizion, but with Victino ex using intensifying burn for free, you one shot the whole deck and need a g booster to be on shot, and if you hit a Verizion for a ko then a follow up with a genesect ko,, you can still junk arm for another victory piece and win right there.
Tell me what you guys think needs to change and what stays!

Back