Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Really not be rude here but the avatars are still so ugly, is it really expensive to hire good artists these days? Also, the platform looks a bit weird and I prefer the traditional one. I am one of those players that like to show off my bling with decks solely consisting of alternate arts and secret rares and I am sure they would not look good on this platform. To be honest, I do not care if they want to profit or not and if it's good then you can take my money. I really expected more. Ah well, at least there is still a ranked system.

Yup, never again spending a single dime extra for full arts or whatever, what's the point anymore if it's just gonna turn into those filthy tiny squares on the board anyway?

D2B2WIN1

Aspiring Trainer
There’s a pic floating around showing off 9 decks (one of which I assume is a tutorial deck), the decks are…

* Zacian & Zamazenta (as seen in the article)
* Blissey V
* Decidueye & Inteleon
* Inteleon VMAX
* Rapid Strike Malamar
* Rapid Strike Urshifu VMAX
* Shadow Rider Calyrex VMAX
* Single Strike Urshifu VMAX
* Suicune V

And, as also shown off in article, the decklists aren’t 1-1 copies of competitive decks and are more in-line with the League Battle decks so tehre will still be some form of cost to making them competition-ready.
Any idea what the deck lists are in the starter decks outside of being similar to League Battle decks? Do you know someone online who showed off the lists?

More importantly, if a player has 4 Zacian V in PTCGO and migrate their account to PTCGL, will they get extra credits from the starter decks? If so, we could see an additional 250 or 375 per V/VMAX if the player already has a full Rapid Strike Urshifu deck. If not, the PTCGO value of some of these cards are going to collapse and additional copies should be traded before release.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Really not be rude here but the avatars are still so ugly, is it really expensive to hire good artists these days? Also, the platform looks a bit weird and I prefer the traditional one. I am one of those players that like to show off my bling with decks solely consisting of alternate arts and secret rares and I am sure they would not look good on this platform. To be honest, I do not care if they want to profit or not and if it's good then you can take my money. I really expected more. Ah well, at least there is still a ranked system.
Part of it is the fact that Japan isn't involved. If Creatures were involved those models would look so much better. Now I just want to turn them off. The bobbing is so creepy. Does the desktop app have a portrait option?

Alolan Teddiursa

Aspiring Trainer
I am just a bit puzzled here. They are definitely capable of creating high quality products but they seem to deliberately leave it as it is. It's either they did a market analysis and found out the target audience size is too small so they limited their budget or they figured that it's Pokemon so whatever they create they would make tons of money so therefore the low quality standards. Of course, they could improve it in the future. But the avatars and the tiny platform, I hope they fix it soon.

Chicken008

Aspiring Trainer
Anyone else in the beta? Not sure where I can view my collection outside of editing a deck.
And yea, the avatars are terrible. LOL

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
I am just a bit puzzled here. They are definitely capable of creating high quality products but they seem to deliberately leave it as it is. It's either they did a market analysis and found out the target audience size is too small so they limited their budget or they figured that it's Pokemon so whatever they create they would make tons of money so therefore the low quality standards. Of course, they could improve it in the future. But the avatars and the tiny platform, I hope they fix it soon.
Part of it is that it's only being done by TPCi. Most of the real quality stuff we get from Pokemon has involvement from Japan. The models we see in most other games are made by Creatures, for example. TPCi only exists as a marketing and distribution arm, so even though Pokemon is the biggest franchise of all time, they legitimately might have had a pretty small budget to work with. That said, it's likely that many of the issues are on the corporate side, rather than actual budget issues. The look matches the website, which seems intentional. Now, what would be funny and sad is if they decided not to have focus groups because they thought the beta would be enough.

TheMG7

Aspiring Trainer
Hello everyone, everything good?!

I made this art in 5 minutes, it's really a shame as the avatars currently in 3d are the worst idea for the game, I know there are many things to improve, but the game is good in my opinion, but these avatars really bother me a lot , I feel it drives away players.

The option of 2d art or even choosing a trainer, pokemon art or card art would be all better and would look amazing.

And that would still make it possible to buy infinite arts in the store.

Another detail of this art that I made is the possibility of buying personalized trays in the store.

Could this get to Pokemon?

Attachments

• cosmetics.png
    cosmetics.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 17

Yoan Sanchhez

Aspiring Trainer
Hello everyone, everything good?!

I made this art in 5 minutes, it's really a shame as the avatars currently in 3d are the worst idea for the game, I know there are many things to improve, but the game is good in my opinion, but these avatars really bother me a lot , I feel it drives away players.

The option of 2d art or even choosing a trainer, pokemon art or card art would be all better and would look amazing.

And that would still make it possible to buy infinite arts in the store.

Another detail of this art that I made is the possibility of buying personalized trays in the store.

Could this get to Pokemon?
If you have any ideas, please contact customer service. Be aware they won't be able to reply you in any way.

The_Rayquaza_Guy

Aspiring Trainer
So just like in PTCGO there is no direct means for you to pour money into the game? How do we get the purple stuff then? I assume codes will continue giving you the corresponding product in-game, except now you can't trade them for other stuff or for cards, so you'll have to open the packs and "dust" cards you don't want into Crystals, that turn into other cards, but how about the purple stuff, isn't that the currency that will be used to buy packs and other stuff directly from the game?
Out of those 3 currency types, you will be able to purchase the main type for real world money from Pokemon itself. Scalpers can go fking die.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Out of those 3 currency types, you will be able to purchase the main type for real world money from Pokemon itself. Scalpers can go fking die.

Wrong, as of now, there is no way to purchase anything on the game. In fact, creators are already complaining about how it's stupid that you have to complete daily quests for about 2 weeks to get enough currency to buy the premium pass for instance.

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
I doubt that will happen to Crystals, TPCi tried going with a paid currency via the TCGO’s Gem currency it was derided for it’s obscene cost (IIRC someone did the math and the cost of one digital pack paid with Gems matched the price of an IRL pack) was stuck in a “Canada-only beta” phase (that ironically enough the PTCGL is currently in) until IAPs were phased out of the TCGO entirely a few years back.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
I doubt that will happen to Crystals, TPCi tried going with a paid currency via the TCGO’s Gem currency it was derided for it’s obscene cost (IIRC someone did the math and the cost of one digital pack paid with Gems matched the price of an IRL pack) was stuck in a “Canada-only beta” phase (that ironically enough the PTCGL is currently in) until IAPs were phased out of the TCGO entirely a few years back.

I just really hope they get their s*** together and figure out how to make it decent for the actual release. I mean, right now they are managing to have the worst of both worlds. Like, you both cannot buy the pass and it takes 2 weeks to acquire it for "free"? That is beyond stupid. Time is actually the most valuable asset in existence, it literally runs out as we speak and it cannot be bought back. They have to figure this out asap.