Help PSA Grading Oversized Pokémon Cards

ShatterSt0rm

Aspiring Trainer
Hi all,
I'm curious as to whether anyone has tried to get Oversized or Jumbo Pokémon cards graded. I've never seen any floating around. Looking at the PSA website, I've found a couple of things:

• In terms of grading, I was able to find the T-3 Holder which is 5 3/4" x 8" which is the exact dimensions of the Pokemon Jumbo cards. The issue is that they are intended for the T3 Turkey Red baseball cabinet cards produced in 1910. They are highly valuable due to age, the online submission expects an Express Authentication which has a $75 fee, well over the value of the Jumbo Cards even after grading. I also noticed it isn't an option on the 2019 PDF version of the form.
    • Not doing a T-3 Holder would then require a Jumbo Card Holder which is 6 1/4" x 8 1/4" at the smallest size. Jumbo Cards Holders require an additional fee also of $30 which is ridiculous in my opinion also. Oversized Pokémon Cards don't hold that much value, ever.
  • There is a non-graded option also called Custom Encapsulation. While the T-3 Holder shows as an option, it's not available on the 2019 PDF form or through the online submission, though it shows on the webpage for that service, so I'm assuming it's by call only. That also requires a $35 fee for a Jumbo Holder
  • On the 2019 PDF form there is a footnote under the Service Level section concerning T3 Cards (the same size as Jumbo Pokémon Cards) which states: "T3 cards must be submitted under Supersized holder size and Super Express Service Level or higher. Failure to separate Type of Submission, Holder Size, and Service Levels, as noted, will result in additional fees and cause significant delays in processing your order."
Anyone else attempted this or have any experience or info? Or am I the first person who is attempting this and wanting PSA to only charge a Regular rate for Oversized Pokémon Cards?

Thanks,
ShatterSt0rm

Back