Ps3, Wii or Xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS3...all day long...I've had my PS3 since summer of 2010, I also have a slim model...the free wifi was a good seller for me on the system, not to mention the hardware specs and ease of repair and customization...but the biggest seller for me, was that it was a system that worked...I have heard very few problems out of the PS3 systems (mainly laser read issues out of the older models)...I worked for Xbox tech support around the time of Halo 3's release, and the amount of calls we got concerning RROD issues was atrocious, not mention after playing on both systems, PS3 graphics are much smoother and definitely more crisp (especially when using HDMI)...I like the Wii, but there are really no games that seriously interest me that much, all of the games I have any desire to play are just for S's & G's, just something for fun with others...for those of you who seem to think PS3 doesn't have the title selection that the Xbox (crap60 is what I like to call it) has...most major selling titles are on both systems, but the playstation has plenty exclusives and a good number of which I have had much enjoyment playing and beating...controller wise, the PS3's controllers are probably the most ergonomic controllers on the market without being awkward to get use to playing with like the Wiimote, I do like the feel of the Xbox controller though, it is a much better improvement over the monstrosity they had for the V1 systems (1st Xbox)...and as for the online, with my experience the amount of trolls on PSN is the same as the trolls on XboxLive, however, the amount of d-bags on XboxLive are quite a bit more, because they think they are sooo good, and are really nothing more than a bunch of try-hards

I have a Wii and a Playstation 3. I have always been a Nintendo fanboy through and through. However, I have always kept an eye on Sony and the Playstation. When Ps2 came out, I got a PS1 and when PS# came out, I got a PS2. This time around, I didn't wait for a yet-to-be-released PS4 and just bought a PS3. My only beef against Sony is I can't seem to add funds from my credit card to my wallet. It just doesn't let me. Further investigation showed me this is a ongoing problem for some people.

I am not sure whether to purchase a 360 or not. Also, I consider my computer a gaming machine.

^that is quite interesting, I have not run into that problem, as I used my card to add funds for Yoda for Soul Caliber IV

My family owns a Wii, and I personally own a PC. With a gaming PC, you really do have a significant edge over the consoles. Controls are entirely up to you, upgrading is easy and efficient, graphics are always better, and you have access to so much customization in terms of modding, whether it be good or bad, settings in certain games, and once again, controls.
Not only on the gaming side, but owning a PC really is cool. I built mine myself, and its great to know exactly what every component does and how to fix it. I've never had virus issues with my PC, aside from things I knew I was getting myself into. If you can recognize bad sites for what they are, viruses are a non-issue.
I also own a DSi and 3DS.
If I had to choose between a PS3 or Xbox, I would go with the Xbox hands-down. While it's sad, Xbox does get special treatment by developers. It also has a superior online service (from my limited experience) and a broader player-base. I also prefer it's controller and simply LOVE the Halo games. I wish they were still on the PC. :(
Anyway, that's my two cents.

hey peeps i have a Playstation 3 and a Nintendo Wii. Let me say that i got the wii for my birthday in 2008 i also have mario/zelda/wwe/and COD games for it.

I was originally going to get an Xbox 360 then i researched about it online and found out no free wi-fi so i got a PS3 and it is amaizing it has great graphics (all my friends hav an xbox 360 and the graphics arent as good) also i have some of the best titles (God Of War,Ratchet and Clank,Killzone) and free wi-fi, overall it is an amaizing console and i think it is better thann the xbox (and if u dont believe me IGN game the Xbox 360 a rate of 5.0 out of 5 and the PS3 a 5.4 out of 5 :)

I have a wii which is cool, but sadly not the better of the 3 of the options,but im getting the wii 2 for my bar mitzvah, and its supposed to have the graphics of the ps3 and xbox combined,pwned

BlueEyedSteelix said:
My family owns a Wii, and I personally own a PC. With a gaming PC, you really do have a significant edge over the consoles. Controls are entirely up to you, upgrading is easy and efficient, graphics are always better, and you have access to so much customization in terms of modding, whether it be good or bad, settings in certain games, and once again, controls.
Not only on the gaming side, but owning a PC really is cool. I built mine myself, and its great to know exactly what every component does and how to fix it. I've never had virus issues with my PC, aside from things I knew I was getting myself into. If you can recognize bad sites for what they are, viruses are a non-issue.
I also own a DSi and 3DS.
If I had to choose between a PS3 or Xbox, I would go with the Xbox hands-down. While it's sad, Xbox does get special treatment by developers. It also has a superior online service (from my limited experience) and a broader player-base. I also prefer it's controller and simply LOVE the Halo games. I wish they were still on the PC. :(
Anyway, that's my two cents.

after being a gamer for 28yrs, I always find comments concerning comparisons between PC and Console gaming quite amusing, because more often than not, it is a PC gamer who makes the comparison...from experience, I have to go with consoles over pc's

the "so-called" edge you mention here, is really just pointless extra options for you to choose from...the upgrading also isn't as easy and efficient as stated...sure you can just go out buy the newest GPU, but those can be just as expensive as the consoles themselves for the best ones...not to mention you still have your actual CPU that you have to account for as well, then there's the issue with making sure your computer system has enough cooling so that all the graphics processing doesn't "melt" your computer...meanwhile, you're paying a pretty penny for all that greatness: tower, motherboard, HD, CPU, GPU, cooling system, power supply, ROM drive, RAM, OS, sound card, monitor, keyboard, mouse...and all that is just the bare bones needed to play games at comparible speeds and quality to this generation's consoles, it doesn't include anything else you might want to add in for normal everyday computer usage...PC gaming is fun and ok, but it just doesn't equal to the excitement you can get from console gaming...and that comes from someone who's been console gaming since Atari 2600 and PC gaming since Win95'

ohh, and the Xbox thing...I tend to find most PC gamers think that way...but the player base is the same, with the exception of some attitudes...I've found that most Live players are a bit more on the douchey side that PSN players...and the online features for Live are only marginally better than PSN

@chellochello...whoever told you that lie pwned you...the Wii has decent graphics but they can't compete with the Xbox, let alone the slightly superior graphics of the PS3

the Wii is pretty much for family fun night...the Xbox, PS3, and PC gaming are for the serious gamers

I've always owned one of the Playstation family. Once you get a tradition like that started, it's hard to break out of it. Wii is fun to play with friends, like many of you have said, but after a long day of school, I want to lay down, pop open some spicy nacho Doritos, and kill something on my PS3. It's that simple. :D

(Saw Modern Warfare 3 Commerical on ESPN last night! SQUUUEEEEE!)

PS3 - Uncharted all the way baby! November 1st can't come soon enough! I never use PSN so the downtime didn't affect me at all.

Xbox 360 for sure. I like the controller much better than the PS3 and plus I can play Black Ops with my friends since they all have Xbox Live. Plus, PS Network was down for a while.

I have a Wii and an XBOX, yet I only use them lately to watch Netflix (Stupid NBA 2K11 broke D:)

When I had my 2K11, I would play XBOX for hours, and much preferred it to the Wii and its ugly motion controls.

In my house, there is a SNES, N64, Gamecube, DS, DS lite x2, DSi, 3DS x2, GameBoy ADV, GameBoy ADV SP and a Xbox. The Xbox is my dad's.

Please don't revive threads that haven't received a post in more than two weeks. Thanks! :)

*l-l-l-locked*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back