PS3 delayed 5 months for PAL

RE:   PS3 delayed 5 months for PAL

Deoxys said:
bacon-boy said:
No... we like nintendo more, because its better and isnt trying to rip us off.

Bwahahaha!!!
ISNT TRYIN' TO RIP U OFF???
Bwahaha!!!
every1 is tryin to do that!!!! ... for money (of course)!!!
just WII is gonna have the prize like that becouse the software and hardware is gonna be BAD! The only things why to buy nintendo are
1.Pokemons
2.Nunchaki -
reasons game systems cost a lot when they come out:
1. It obveosly cost money to develop the system
2. most systems are in limited supply when they first come out
3. marketing, marketing, marketing
4. (well for microsoft and sony) if the system has a ton of other features it will take more money to develop and make
5. people have been anticipating the release for a while
6. obvously the company wants too make money so they exagerate what things will cost

RE:  PS3 delayed 5 months for PAL

Alchemist_Almighty said:
^ Agreed.  Tyler M, GTFU.  Sony is not looking after their customers.  I don't know why you said the stuff you said, but you're ignorant if you stand by those comments.  Companies, in fact, DO care about their customers because the customers are the ones giving them money.  You obviously don't have a job that works with people, otherwise you'd know different.  Yes, money is a main objective for big buisinesses, but customer service is right behind it.  They also tell you that the customer is always right, correct?  They tell you to meet the customer's needs and to go out of your way to help them.

As of right now, we can only speculate as to how the PS3 and Wii will do, so I respect your opinion, but you aren't doing a good job of respecting others.  Stop acting like an ignorant 13 year old.

First..I dont know what "GTFU" means, and I dont want to. I NEVER once said(if I did i misworded it wrong) that compainies dont want to make us happy.But they are going to try to make the system the cheapest way, so thats it not the same "old thing" but you seriously cant think that thay are going to spend to much money on things some people wont want.Your right though, I was to rash and didnt explain myself better(It was also 7 in the morning and was pissed because I missed the bus...)The companys will ALWAYS put MONEY>Customer.And they wouldn't add the Blue Ray Drive or the PS2/1 Memory Card Slots in because they dont want to add more money to put it in.The would MUCH rather make you pay your extra $10 for it...And yea, I guess they COULD add that $10 to the price of the PS#..But they wouldn't make it 10...No, they'd add $30/$40 because of the "labor" that it would take them to program the machines that build the PS3's to add that feature.And BTW, "Customer is Always right" bull crap...That doesnt work in companys that ship(this is for a fact...I know this because I Uncle works for Microsoft.) They HONESLTY think about what the customer wants last.Although they do put it into consideration.

And one last thought...I wasnt acting like an ignorant 13 year old..I was speaking like a(very pissed off) mature(when i'm not pissed off) 15 year old!

Alright. Thank you for explaining yourself a bit. However, Sony's primary interest is in forcing Blu-Ray technology into a society that isn't ready for that kind of change yet. See what happened to UMDs? Those were supposed to take off and they failed big time due to costs. Much cheaper to buy a portable DVD player and have access to your entire library.

Blu-Ray is relatively new technology, and for that, it's going to get upgraded quite a bit. Who knows if the beta version Blu-Rays are even bug free? I know that they've had several PS3s crash during press conferences/game demos due to problems with the drive, and now they are pushing back release dates and console availability due to the same problem. I get the whole "it has more space" thing, but they will cost thousands more for developers to make games for, and most developers are on the edge as is. As a result, Microsoft and Nintendo are gaining much more third party support than they previously had. Sony is somehow convinced that they can change the standard disc format overnight, and slowly reality is settling itself into them. DVDs took years to replace VHS tapes. HD still hasn't replaced analog TV sets fully, and look at how long that's been around (and as soon as I can find the poll that supports this, I'll post it).

Sony is pushing too hard, and with every push comes a shove.

Once again, all speculation. However, the way things are now (and with comparisons on Microsoft's launch program) Sony's got lots of work to do in order to pull this off. The name "Playstation" can only go so far. Initial results may favor Sony, but in the long run, if Blu-Ray doesn't take off, then Sony will be in deep trouble. Messing up on a portable device is one thing, but on a console, that's another ballpark.

And Sony is already losing about $200 per PS3 sold due to manufacturing costs, so it's no surprise to me as to why they are not including those cables and charging extra to "fully" utilize the new system.

This is no place for personal insults. Got it?

Anyway, if you think the PS3 is too much money - and will let down people who buy it, why should you care so much as to almost enforce your opinion on other people?

I like to think that the PS3 is directed at people who insist on people who want top-of-the-line stuff (ex: people who buy HD-TVs. Is there any real REASON to be buying those things for thousands more than regular TVs? No, but there still is a market.) Are some people not going to want to spend hundreds of extra dollars? Of course, but some people like being ahead of the crowd and don't want to leave Playsation since they've had a good history of third-party games.

Good luck not having somebody lock this thread, guys. :p

Alright, let me get in here :p

As far as I can see, PS3 is now...worthless. A few people have been expecting PS3 to come sooner, but now, 5 months delay. But there's something here. "Caused by the delay in the mass production schedule of the blue laser diode" ain't a good reason. Sony may be doing something in secret to upgrade the PS3 and make it cheaper, now they saw the superiority of the Wii. That's what I think.

I just don't like how Sony's been handling the situation. They've gone back on their words plenty of times. Prime examples being a universal release date, which was broken when they delayed Europe's release date, and how they weren't going to pull a Microsoft and make two different systems. They were even quoted saying so, and if I could find the EGM magazine that had it...well, I'll look, because it's in there somewhere.

Their marketing strategy just wasn't very good this time around. The PS2 is such a wonderful system, and I had high hopes for the PS3 as well, but people are finding out that you can trust Sony just as far as you can throw them...nothing's making me get a brand new Playstation right now. I'd rather get a Wii instead and be happy with my PS2.

i laughed so hard when i heard this. You know before E3 this year, i was kinda scared that my 360 would be beat by PS3, but now the best thing Sony can do is shut up because everytime they open their mouth they lose a little bit of sanity. lol "It will be sold out even if we had no games at launch" "I would be surprised if PS4 had a physical disc drive" "The next generation doesnt start until we say it does"

those are all real comments sony has made. lol

Some people say you can't really predict the sales before the console comes out... but really, that's rubbish. Everyone is harping on about the wii and with good reason. I'm not trying to change anyones opinion of sony here, but I think nintendo really deserves to retain its gaming crown.

With the delay and crazy price, Sony has pretty much handed Nintendo victory here.

Simple ideas folks.

360 had a superiorily early launch, giving them record sales of thier consoles (and making up for the xbox loses and still retaining profit). So 360 has had its money earned, and when Halo three is released, more consoles will be sold.

Sony- I love the games, not the hardware. Drop it off a coffee table it breaks, kick it and it errors. Besides the low durability, I loved it. Kingdom hearts was fun. As for Ps3, they seemed to have problems from the start.
1) Thier controller design, which I still couldnt figure out how to grasp and keep my sanity.

2) The high price is just wrong, I mean, Xbox had early launch, so you expect a higher price, just as ps2 had. But if you have a higher price than even the early release, there is some bad marketing there.

3)  And not to mention the whole stealing nintendos ideas bit.
Sorry to say, but I had plans for a ps3, but this made me just say forget it.

Wii: The nintendo product. First off, Wiifanboys on a forum devoted to products from a nintendo game just doesn't make sense :p
But seriously, from what they offer, at such a reasonable price, I cant really say Im all too surprised most of the gamers want it. When I bought my game cube at release date (So long ago) And even my n64, I had to save quite a bit to get them. So with such low cost compared to the other systems, why would someone who isnt rolling in money buy anything else? And dont get me started on release titles.

Back