Project Custom 3-Pokebeach Site (Approved by PMJ)

Ryuu7 said:
I'd like to join but gosh hadn't paid any notice to this thread.So the 1st and 2nd Tourney is to say,over,I'd like to sign up early for November 15th's Tournament in case I forgot.

Username: Ryuu7
Art Experience: 2-3 Months
Specialty: Banners and Avatars
Art Program(s): Adobe Photoshop 7.

I got a request,Black Ray,Can you PM me when the next tourney starts with the challenge title etc?I often forgot stuffs so thanks.

I'll be announcing the next tourney when I judge so that will be either late tonight or tomorrow =]

Prof. Shinx-Okay, I'll add you to the list for the Custom Banner Tourney.

Everyone else-Get your stuff in if you haven't already!

-Black Rayquaza

final copy:
Pc3Ghostbanner.png

Code:
[IMG]http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/lilsparks267/Personal/PC3/Pc3Ghostbanner.png[/IMG]

:( Sorry to hear you've been busy, Black Rayquaza. Hope you're able to get the scores up soon and announce the next contest. :)

Black Rayquaza said:
Okay, guys sorry for the wait on feedback. Everyone who asked for it should have received feedback. In case you didn't know, feedback is not given in the fanfic competition as there really is no use for it since it comes down to opinion and such...everyone who turned it in early will get the +2 =]

-Black Rayquaza

Doesn't, ALL judging come down to opinions? lol :p

No scores yet? Come on B-Ray, you laggin! ahaha just kidding bro. Take your time. I understand how busy life can get.

Words cannot express how truly sorry I am for how late these scorings are...it's been a rough, lazy, tired, busy, amazing week, but here I am with the scoring (finally!)

Remember Each Entry will be graded on a 100 Point Rubric. The rubric(s) are as follows:

Graphic Art Rubric (Banners, Avatars, Trainer Cards)
Style: x/20
Originality and use of color: x/20
Relation to the Challenge: x/20
General Effects: x/20
Effort: x/10
Overall: x/10
Total: x/100

Fanfic Rubric
Originality: x/20
Relation to the Theme/Prompt: x/20
Diction and Tone: x/20
Attention to Detail: x/20
Effort: x/10
Overall: x/10
Total: x/100

If your entry does not fit the requirements of the challenge, that will be taken out of your overall score.

With that out of the way, lets get to the judging.

B-Ray's Scores-PC3 Custom Banner Challenge (Challenge #1)

Prof. Shinx's Entry
MurkrowBanner.png

Style: 13/20 Not bad.....I like how you blended the Murkrow with the background you picked out =] However, the text dosent fit as well as it should, and the white background takes some MAJOR style points.
Originality and use of color: 15/20 Very original using a spooky type theme for mysterious.....however, white background and bad text takes away from this.
Relation to the Challenge: 17/20 Should be Transparent....other than that, meets requirements =]
General Effects: 17/20 Good Spooky Effect.
Effort: 6/10 I think you could have put ALOT more into this....it dosent look very hard, and White Background is Auto loss of points.
Overall: 6.5/10 A Banner that has potential...keep working on it =]
Total: 76.5/100 +2 Added

Charizard88's Entry
jl2ate.jpg

Style: 15/20 The style is quite plain....Plain white text, not much going on in the background....this needs work.
Originality and use of color: 17/20 Not bad using the Shiny Duskull....Red and Black are always a sure-fire combo for mysterious
Relation to the Challenge: 17/20 Again, it was still mysterious
General Effects: 14/20 WHITE TEXT. That's all I have to say for this.
Effort: 7/10 I've seen much better from you, Brett.
Overall: 7/10
Total: 77/100

Xous' Entry
ContestBanner3FINAL.png

Style: 18/20 Cool theme and artwork I especially like the blasts =]
Originality and use of color: 18/20 Very Original. The only real criticism I have to give is the text....it looked SO GREAT up until that point.
Relation to the Challenge: 20/20 Captured the theme well.
General Effects: 18/20 Again, the text effect takes away from this score a bit, but overall very nice.
Effort: 9/10
Overall: 9/10 Good work and a Good banner to match!
Total: 94/100 +2 Added

George2FRESH's Entry
GengerBanner.png

Style: 18/20 Nice work here.....captured the theme well and it looks good. Pick a different font next time.....I know you have some kind of profound love for that font, but seriously its very hard to read, and points will be deducted accordingly for that mistake.
Originality and use of color: 18/20 The wood is kinda odd.....I wish it was old and chipped and things of that nature rather than new looking and polished.
Relation to the Challenge: 19/20 Good work.
General Effects: 17/20 Font issues and the wood as I mentioned before.
Effort: 8.5/10 Looks like you put some effort into this, I wish you would have put a little more into the theme as far as ALL aspects of the banner.
Overall: 9/10
Total: 89.5/100

frozengallade's Entry
thebeautyofabsol.png

Style: 15/20 If it wasn't so messy, this might have been higher...cool brush effects in the background though.
Originality and use of color: 12/20 You used a weird pallet here of black and purple.....the purple needs to be darker to give the added effect of mysterious.
Relation to the Challenge: 13/20 It's not spooky or clean....this just looks unappealing to be honest. Try NOT to go crazy with the spray brush tool and get your images rendered...if you cant, use a Sugimori/Arkais Image.
General Effects: 13/20 It's not clean...and the effect you used wasn't great.
Effort: 7.5/10 This dosent look like much effort was put into it...but I understand with school and such, look at how late I was....you get some pity points there.
Overall: 5.5/10 Please try to work on your execution of banners....they need to be clean....it will do wonders for your scores, in comparison to now.
Total: 66/100

lilsparks101's Entry
Pc3Ghostbanner.png

Style: 18/20 Great job with this.....I think you have some great things going on here =]
Originality and use of color: 18.5/20 You took a common mysterious pokemon and made it proud. Good work.
Relation to the Challenge: 20/20 Very nice work with this.....I think this is one of the best banners I've ever seen from you.
General Effects: 16/20 The only have two problems with this....the text under Dusknoir needs a VISIBLE font (It's got better from what it was originally but it's still not right) and the Dusknoir Image should be at about 50% opacity to REALLY bring out the effect in this piece.
Effort: 9/10 You really tried and I commend you for that.
Overall: 9/10 Nice job.
Total: 90.5/100

.::n00bmuffin::.'s Entry
2v2cy82.jpg

Style: 16/20 You used almost the same style on a banner made in the past.....I know its a little different, but it still is VERY similar.
Originality and use of color: 19/20 Good use of colors here.....renders came out nicely.
Relation to the Challenge: 17/20 I think you could have made this more mysterious
General Effects: 18.5/20 This thing is LOADED with cool effects and is very visually pleasing =]
Effort: 8/10 You tried to make differences between this and the old one, so I give you points for that, but next time make a NEW banner please.
Overall: 8.5/10
Total: 87/100

Challenge #1 Scoreboard
1. Xous-94
2. lilsparks101-90.5
3. George2FRESH-89.5
4. .::n00bmuffin::.-87
5. Charizard88-77
6. Prof. Shinx-76.5
7. frozengallade-66
scampy-DNP

So there are the scores for the Custom Banner Tournament Challenge #1! Fanfic Tournament Scores are next.

B-Ray's Scores-PC3 Fanfic Challenge (Challenge #1)

Piplup321's Entry-Justice
Originality: 16/20 Pretty original overall, but as soon as I started reading it sounded like the first Pokemon Movie....I couldn't help but starting to draw parallels between the two.
Relation to the Theme/Prompt: 18/20 A good insight into what your fanfic would be about....nice job giving us the rising action in your excerpt.
Diction and Tone: 18/20 There was some good things going on here....most of the time, you could get a good sense of imagery in this.
Attention to Detail: 17/20 There we're some flaws I saw. When you see the girl dead, you fail to mention that Gardevoir is the pokemon levitating over her....I had to go back and re-read to put that together. I can see why you would like to foreshadow this, however at this point in the excerpt I think this should be told to us. In the beginning when Gardevoir betrays Marco, that makes hardly any sense....you had just told us that Marco had COMPLETE control over him and yet, he dosent obviously. Lastly, you fail to mention Nidoran's gender something that will haunt me for awhile xD
Effort: 9.5/10 Good work
Overall: 9.5/10 This was simple, yet it made me want to know more. Good job with this =]
Total: 90/100 +2 Added

Pokémaniac's Entry-Untitled
Originality: 19/20 Very original theme and idea...you took the revolt and made it bigger adding more pokemon into it.
Relation to the Theme/Prompt: 20/20 You did this well.
Diction and Tone: 17/20 This could use some work...."yellowy" is not a word.....try tan next time =]
Attention to Detail: 18/20 Very cool.....however, I wish you would have never wrote the words "shiny pokemon" in your fanfic....it was implied from the start, and thats what I really liked about it until you said it.
Effort: 9/10
Overall: 9.5/10 Very good idea and was executed well.
Total: 94.5/100 +2 Added

Xous' Entry-Untitled
Originality: 20/20 Very original....and very well done.
Relation to the Theme/Prompt: 16.5/20 I dont know if this classifies as a Pokemon Revolt as it was just Arceus and the Pixies restoring their version of "order" to the world....pokemon didn't FIGHT against humans and that was the point of the prompt.
Diction and Tone: 20/20 Best diction I've seen from a writer in quite awhile.
Attention to Detail: 20/20 Very well done here.....no flaws, and full of thought.
Effort: 10/10 You seemed to really have put alot of effort into this....good work.
Overall: 9.5/10 I enjoyed this one very much....I just wish you would have thought about the prompt just a bit more.
Total: 98/100 +2 Added

Psychic Whisperer's Entry-Untitled
Originality: 18/20 Pretty good concept....you took a new stance on the "mad scientist" idea which is refreshing
Relation to the Theme/Prompt: 18/20 Thats a revolt alright.....but I would have liked to have seen MORE of the humans getting attacked.
Diction and Tone: 18/20 It was normal....not wonderful, but good.
Attention to Detail: 17/20 I see a few major story flaws.....for one, you said everyone but Jason was frozen....what about Glaceon? Obviously he couldn't have froze himself so that's kinda broken. Also, I dont know if this was mentioned or not, but how did Jason get the translator? I thought his father wanted to do some more tests on it....surely he wouldn't give it to his son unless he was sure it worked.
Effort: 9/10 I think you put a good amount of effort into this.
Overall: 8/10 Pretty entertaining and fun to read. Nice job.
Total: 90/100 +2 Added

muddy68's Entry-The Anti-Pokemon
Originality: 17/20 Nice use of different locations around Sinnoh.
Relation to the Theme/Prompt: 18/20 It relates but the writing itself had some issues.
Diction and Tone: 14/20 This sounded very elementary to me.....there we're a few grammatical errors and things of that nature, which affects your scoring.
Attention to Detail: 16/20 It seemed a bit broad to me.....the whole Transform idea is a bit far fetched (no pun intended) as well.
Effort: 7/10 You tried, but try to edit and revise your work before posting.
Overall: 7/10
Total: 79/100

Challenge #1 Scoreboard
1. Xous-98
2. Pokémaniac-94.5
3. Piplup321-90
3. Psychic Whisperer-90
4. muddy68-79
fishynitram-DNP
scampy-DNP

So there are the scores....very sorry for the wait. All other judges, get to work please =]

-Black Rayquaza

:D

I never had time to edit mine. Glad I didn't come in last though! CONGRATZ Xous on winning B-Ray's scoring in BOTH challenges really a GREAT job!

I got marked first WOO!!!
also
I did good for a 'spriter only' person?

Prof. Shinx said:
I got marked first WOO!!!
also
I did good for a 'spriter only' person?

Entries are judging in the order in which they are turned in.

And yes, once the judges finish scoring then I will announce the next challenges as well as Tournament #3 =] Be warned, the dates will be changed around due to this challenge's judging being so late.

-Black Rayquaza

Thanks, Charizard88- I did better than I thought I would (especially in the writing contest). ^_^;

Can't wait for the scores of the other Judges, and the announcement of the next contests that will follow. :)

I actually tried making the wood look chipped and old, but for some reason couldn't cut it off.

And the font yea is hard to read, but I don't have a love for it? lol that's like only the 2nd time I used it.

Back