• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Primarina GX/Giratina EX

zerdoman

Aspiring Trainer
Hi guys. I just wanted to share with you a decklist which I have been trying lately and is giving me fairly good results. I think it is still not consistent enough to be top-tier, but still a great fun deck. I still lack some cards which would be useful such as Tapu Lele or another Lapras/Manaphy, but any advice on how to improve it is appreciated:

Pokémon - 13

• 2 Shaymin-EX
  • 3 Giratina-EX
  • 1 Lapras-GX
  • 1 Manaphy-EX
  • 2 Popplio
  • 2 Brionne
  • 2 Primarina-GX

Trainers - 34

• 3 Aqua Patch
  • 2 Energy Loto
  • 1 Skyla
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 2 Parallel City
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 2 N
  • 1 Wally
  • 2 Energy Switch
  • 2 Field Blower
  • 4 Max Elixir
  • 1 Team Flare Grunt
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Exp. Share
  • 2 Dive Ball
  • 3 Prof. Sycamore

Energy - 13

• 9 Water Energy
  • 4 Double Dragon Energy

Strategy:

Idea is to play Lapras from turn 1 to stall, start building Primarina and draw. Whenever I came across a bad opening, I searched for Manaphy too, enabling me to switch in Lapras for whatever I had as my active. In these cases Energy Switch enabled move the energy from the retreating pokemon to Lapras and start drawing. It has also been useful when needed to fully charge a Lapras in turn 2 if I used Elixirs or Aqua Patches, or to use Primarina's secondary attack. However, main strategy is to stall and draw while building Primarina, which is the main attacker. Exp. Share is vital to keep the basic energies in play. Giratinas are used in the same way as in Turbo Darkrai, adding 40 damage to Primarina's main attack for every DDEnergy. I tried rough seas in this deck at the beginning, but it's not useful when Giratinas or Shaymins are damaged, so I run 2 Parallel Cities which can help me stall or remove unwanted Shaymins, and can be removed with Field Blower when not useful anymore.

Edit: I also tried Rare Candies at the beginning, but it was too cloggy, so I decided to remove them.

Last edited:
Back