'Primal Clash' Set Logo + Elite Trainer Boxes [11/5]

The logo kinda reminds me of the Plasma Storm style, and as someone predicted before, the actual "XY" lettering is going to take a backseat from now on like the "Black&White" released after B2W2. I would normally be super excited about the Elite Trainer Box sleeves but I'm just getting really tired of the fact that they can't be shuffled with for more than 10 games. Yeah, they can be used just to sleeve my collection instead but then they will go in a binder where the picture on the back won't matter.

Meanwhile at TPCi...

Phil: Jarod, Robert, Wendy, the kids want to be able to get their hands on the new Primal Clash cards this February, but we need someway to distribute cards from other means outside of Blister Packs and Booster Boxes! Got any ideas?

Wendy: How about deluxe Sceptile/Swampert Theme Decks that come with all of the best cards from that set at the same retail price as the deluxe Xerneas/Yveltal Decks? We could even include Types other than Water and Grass.

Phil: I see... what about you, Jarod?

Jarod: Well, I think it might be quite successful to release a Rookie Star Collection. Rather than including a Deck, it comes with all the essentials to making the perfect Deck you want, along with another deck or two for a friend to use. A total of 10 Energy cards of each type, a variety of Pokemon to cover each Type, and some great Trainer cards, totaling to about $40, but I know it would be worth it!

Phil: Sounds kind of interesting... and Robert, what are your thoughts?

Robert: An Elite Trainer Box that comes with awful sleeves, a bunch of cheap plastic dice, not enough or way too many Energy cards, some divider things no one will use, and 8 booster packs intentionally rigged to contain only about 2 to 3 Holos and no Ultra Rares.

Wendy: But, kids wouldn't want to buy that! There are over 150 cards in the new set! It would be too difficult for anyone to pull what they need!

Jarod: Exactly. It's a trap! Kids should be able to buy Booster Packs in a promotional container, knowing they at least have a chance!

Robert: Boss, what do you think?

Phil: *Already coming up with cheap clip art for the sleeves*

contrary to the bias so far, I have always gotten good pulls from the elite trianer boxes and so have my friends, I enjoy collecting the dice, and I use the sleeves regularly and they have all lasted just fine because I dont treat my deck like its trashed cardboard. Im all good for it and Im glad its become a regular thing. not to mention another place to put commons, lots of those sitting around.

I would now ask for more things like the Genesect box that gives holos of energy and a bunch of good cards along with a deck on par with a theme deck. that way newbs and verterans can enjoy its value alike.

Mortal_Zachary said:
What's up with all the primal Kyogre products? Why is Groundon only being shown with tcg?

Because Groudons better conceptually of course, screw opinions and differening tastes.

I personally would prefer to see Kyogre over Groudon, but that's just me and the fact water is one of my top favorites. Nothing new of course here. I wanted new information personally. Of course Primal Clash comes out in Japan in a month or so, so we should have some more information soon.

ECHOxLegend said:
contrary to the bias so far, I have always gotten good pulls from the elite trianer boxes and so have my friends, I enjoy collecting the dice, and I use the sleeves regularly and they have all lasted just fine because I dont treat my deck like its trashed cardboard. Im all good for it and Im glad its become a regular thing. not to mention another place to put commons, lots of those sitting around.

I would now ask for more things like the Genesect box that gives holos of energy and a bunch of good cards along with a deck on par with a theme deck. that way newbs and verterans can enjoy its value alike.

Mortal_Zachary said:
What's up with all the primal Kyogre products? Why is Groundon only being shown with tcg?

Because Groudons better conceptually of course, screw opinions and differening tastes.

Actually, I thought everyone got an ultra rare in their Elite Trainer Boxes. I've always managed to get one and it's always a decent one, like not Emolga EX. I'm wondering though, how do you shuffle your deck? Like are you able to shuffle it fast enough to keep time in a best-of-3 without the edges peeling?
Oh and I think you might be getting your wish on the Red Genesect box thing if TCPi keeps up with these cool Battle Arena decks :)

Speaking of Red Genesect collection and Battle Arena decks, I hope TPCi continues the trend of movie themed preconstructed decks. TPCi shouldn't be afraid to make a $25 precon with an EX card as the cover card.

The thing about the "No Ultra Rare" in these is false.
In fact I have pulled at LEAST one Ultra Rare in each ETB.
I have bought one of each one (yes including X/Y's 2 boxes).

In the most recent one (out in certain Walmarts) I pulled a Dialga EX & Head Ringer.
In the last one (Furious Fists) I pulled a Secret Rare Mega Herracross EX.

GadgetJax said:
An Elite Trainer Box that comes with awful sleeves, a bunch of cheap plastic dice, not enough or way too many Energy cards, some divider things no one will use, and 8 booster packs intentionally rigged to contain only about 2 to 3 Holos and no Ultra Rares.

I pulled UR M Lucario and SR M Lucario from my Furious Fists ETB. So yeah, intentionally rigged. Don't forget that you buy a lot less ETBs than you do other packs. Just because you have unlucky pulls, doesn't mean its rigged.

Jeremy1026 said:
GadgetJax said:
An Elite Trainer Box that comes with awful sleeves, a bunch of cheap plastic dice, not enough or way too many Energy cards, some divider things no one will use, and 8 booster packs intentionally rigged to contain only about 2 to 3 Holos and no Ultra Rares.

I pulled UR M Lucario and SR M Lucario from my Furious Fists ETB. So yeah, intentionally rigged. Don't forget that you buy a lot less ETBs than you do other packs. Just because you have unlucky pulls, doesn't mean its rigged.

Or mayble everyone else is just super lucky...

GadgetJax said:
Jeremy1026 said:

Or mayble everyone else is just super lucky...

Still disproves your theory of the packs being rigged.

I've had decent pulls from ETB, but nothing to say I'm super lucky and that these things are rigged. As I said once before thse things are as random as anything else I suspecte.

Back