P!P/Rules Primal Clash-on Confirmed for 2017 Season

So Night March and Trevenant won't really be things anymore.

This rude, bit, I was right! BOOM!

On a serious note, I am very happy because I think this format will be more based on the long game-NOT the T1 game. I think Entei will be very strong because of the Volcanions.

On a serious note, I am very happy because I think this format will be more based on the long game-NOT the T1 game. I think Entei will be very strong because of the Volcanions.

Shaymin-EX (ROS) is still here for added draw. Ultra Ball is here for search that compliments Shaymin-EX. Double Colorless Energy is here for all those [CC] and [XCC] attacks (where "X" is a non-Colorless Energy requirement). Strong Energy and several single Energy attack Fighting Types are still here, even if they lost Korrina. Fighting Fury Belt is still here. I'm thinking things won't slow down all that much. Though yeah, it might be a bit better. :)

Shaymin-EX (ROS) is still here for added draw. Ultra Ball is here for search that compliments Shaymin-EX. Double Colorless Energy is here for all those [CC] and [XCC] attacks (where "X" is a non-Colorless Energy requirement). Strong Energy and several single Energy attack Fighting Types are still here, even if they lost Korrina. Fighting Fury Belt is still here. I'm thinking things won't slow down all that much. Though yeah, it might be a bit better. :)
My point is that it is not about hitting T1 180 with Night March or hitting T1 Trev.

My point is that it is not about hitting T1 180 with Night March or hitting T1 Trev.

My point is that was only the tip of the iceberg. ;)

Well, maybe the it is more like the approximately 10% above the surface but my point is the game's pacing has been off since... since... honestly I'm not sure if it ever has really been right. The formats where I thought it was I suspect were slower mostly because it took longer for players to realize optimal tactics, builds, etc. XD

Blacksmith gets rotated tho so I'm not sure it will be that good.

I should clarify that I'm talking about both non-EX and the EX. The non-EX accelerates 2 from the discord to 2 Pokemon.

We also still have Max Elixir; wouldn't you want a Volcanion-EX deck to run a bit basic Fire Energy heavy?

I wish Primal Clash would have gone. But ha, I'm a kyogre fan and now his ancient trait won't be just outright silly. I think it will be a adjusting for older players an a slight learning curve for new players. For those of us that played before BC, we all know one thing, losing by a lysandre was real -- a lot realer than it is now.
I hope they don't come out with a card like Donphan or the game will get silly again.

I'm just sad that Infernape will be extremely difficult to build a deck around in Standard, if at all. It loses Blacksmith, Battle Compressor, and Fiery Torch before it even has a chance to use it. Its only hope to see the light of day in Standard is for strong discard tools to appear in one of the Sun and Moon sets.

Looks like I'm an Expanded warrior until then.

I'm just sad that Infernape will be extremely difficult to build a deck around in Standard, if at all. It loses Blacksmith, Battle Compressor, and Fiery Torch before it even has a chance to use it. Its only hope to see the light of day in Standard is for strong discard tools to appear in one of the Sun and Moon sets.

Looks like I'm an Expanded warrior until then.
it will have a SMALL window to shine, as steam seige will be legal for worlds, which uses the 2016 standard format

I doubt that will be the case when you have so many decks that run Max Elixir religiously in Standard.

I could be wrong but I don't believe there currently is a Professors Letter for standard either.
At this point probably the worse thing they could do though is continue to reprint black and white cards and every other card from the 2016 standard we just lost.

I could be wrong but I don't believe there currently is a Professors Letter for standard either.
At this point probably the worse thing they could do though is continue to reprint black and white cards and every other card from the 2016 standard we just lost.
Professor's letter was reprinted in BREAKthrough.

Taking away NightMarch and MegaMan slows down the game immensely already, I'm honestly not favoring a Battle Compressor reprint, for now it would be wise to keep it away from standard for a while.

I'm excited for all the decks I can now play without getting destroyed first turn, stage 2s return? Atleast for the first half of the season I hope.

Back