Primal Battle Online Competition

Team Rocket Fan

Team Rocket Lover and Humble Katy Cat!
I used my primal Kyogre in the battle of legends, so I figured I'd try Groudon out, so here's a sun team. The format is double battle. Check this for the rules: http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/08db5d0c-7d7c-4a73-94d0-f7f663f71962

The Team:
663.gif
473.gif
PGroudon_ORAS.gif
003.gif
310m.gif
038.gif

tumblr_npazj93wcl1s7cyfgo1_500-gif.44308

Talonflame (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Gale Wings
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 132 HP / 156 Atk / 84 Def / 4 SpD / 132 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

I decided to use the supportive Talonflame as for me it's the best one. It can defeat other Talonflame attacking it wiith Brave Bird and finally finish them off with its own. Tailwind and Will-O-Wisp can slow down and lower the attacking power of the opponents while Roost is nice for recovery. Rocky Helmet is to hurt opposing threats like M-Kangaskhan, M-Loppunny and Ludicolo. Talonflame is prefered to be used along with Mamoswine.

AFOq62v.gif

Mamoswine (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

I always wanted to use this beast. I heard he's really good at battles and VGC too. So here he is. Full attacking power with Life Orb hits pretty hard most opponents. Ice Type is one of the most helpful types in the game hitting hard Dragons and Ground / Rock Types both really common in VGC. Protect is one of the best moves in Doubles. From there I gave him, Icicle Crush as the main powerful Ice STAB, Earthquake that may be the best reason to use him. Plus, Talonflame is flying type and all others have Protect, so Mamo can use EQ with no risk. Ice Shard is a priority attack and it is able to save someone in many different situations. Thick Fat is used for incoming Heat Waves from M-Charizard Ys, mostly. Talonflame's Tailwind is the supportive move Mamoswine needs to be a beast in the field. He first uses Protect of course.

tumblr_mt2svjvsxE1sa13zpo1_500.gif

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Primal Groudon is the strongest one of the team of course. Drought becomes the all powerful Desolate Land which cannot be destroyed by anything but a Cloud Nine or an opposing slower Primal Kyogre's ability. That's why the EVS are defensive and attacking rather than fast hitting. Because many Kyogres rely on Water Spout. But they are mostly with Choice Scarfs then. Anyway, Fire Punch is the STAB Fire move powered up by sun while EQ is another hard hittting and reliable move that also take STAB. Rock Slide is also reliable OHKOing Talonflame.

tumblr_inline_motsrlZCIy1qz4rgp.gif

Venusaur (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Chlorophyll
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Solar Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

Venusaur, is the common Chorophyll user of the team. I always loved the Bulbasaur line. They were sop cute and strong at the same time. I was putting in Victreebel, but then I though than Vnusaur is not only faster but also more bulky. Black Sludge is the item of choice for slow recovery. Solar Beam and Sludge Bomb hit pretty hard and are the best STABS for a Sun Team's Venusaur. Sleep Powder is also great as it is great for shuttinng down dangerous opponents giving the team the time it needs to eliminate them.

tumblr_mh1twaENFX1qj6jppo1_r2_500.gif

Manectric (M) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Thunderbolt
- HP [Ice]
- Volt Switch

To be fair, I never like Manectric THAT much. Of course I don't hate him. However I did consider M-Gardevoir at the begining but then I remembered Manectric has Intimidate! So I gave him the best electric STAB he can get, Thunderbolt, HP Ice and Volt Switch. Volt Switch is used for switching out and intimidating again and again. I thought about Flamethrower instead of HP Ice but thyen I reconsidered due to the fact that Landorus is reaaaally common and Mamoswine might not be able to take him out in one hit after intimidated.

tumblr_n0ybalQAVs1r2y7r9o1_500.gif

Ninetales (F) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Heat Wave
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp

Ninetales is only here because of her ability, Drought. In case Groudon is not able to battle and the sun runs out, Ninetales will save the day, because this team relys a lot in Sun. Other than that, it won't really survive a lot to take advantage of its really great movepool. Will-O-Wisp and Hex make a great combination as well as Calm Mind and a double Flamethrower also known as Heat Wave.

If you think that I should change something, either a pokemon, or a move, item or anything please let me know. I have to start breeding and raising. Thanx!

Last edited:
Back