• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard [PRC–GR] M Mewtwo-EX

tammika

Aspiring Trainer
I’ve been testing my Mega Mewtwo build for the upcoming format and would appreciate feedback. Here’s the list:

Pokémon (12):

3 Mewtwo-EX (BKT #62)
3 M Mewtwo-EX (BKT #64)
1 Eevee (SM #101)
1 Espeon-GX (SM #61)
1 Wobbuffet (GEN #RC11)
1 Shaymin-EX (ROS #77)
1 Hoopa-EX (AOR #36)
1 Tapu Lele-GX (GR #60)

Trainers (37):

4 Professor Sycamore
2 N
2 Lysandre
2 Hex Maniac
4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
4 Mega Turbo
3 Trainers’ Mail
4 Mewtwo Spirit Link
2 Float Stone
3 Shrine of Memories
2 Altar of the Moone
1 Parallel City

Energy (11):

7 Psychic Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

The strategy is simply to deal massive amounts of damage with M Mewtwo-EX’s Psychic Infinity combined with the option to heal with Damage Change + Shrine of Memories.

Espeon-GX is there for the mirror as well as for some versatility.

BKP Garbodor is NOT there because of Field Blower. I put in a couple of Hex Maniacs to compensate.

Wobbuffet + Float Stone is there for Deciplume.

Tapu Lele-GX occupies the slot traditionally reserved for the second Shaymin. Lele is less of a liability on the bench and it is a decent attacker as well. There remains a Shaymin, because it is retrievable by Hoopa.

The trainer engine maximizes consistency. Altar of the Moone eases manouverability, and 6 stadiums in total win you the stadium war.

I like it, there is no rule that you have to run Garbodor in this deck, but I have 1 small suggestion. If you are running so many stadiums, and I do see the value in having them you need to take into consideration 2 things. While you obviously cannot play the same stadium to counter itself you also cannot play 2 different stadiums in one turn. For example, you cannot play Altar of the Moone to help you retreat and then play Shrine of Memories for you attack, it's one or the other per turn, not to hard to play around usually. More importantly you need a 1 of Skyla since it is the only guaranteed way to grab a stadium. My suggestion drop 1 Spirit Link; while you do see 4 Spirit Link in most M Mewtwo decks it's primarily because it can be placed on Garbodor if Float Stone is not available, though it is also for consistency purposes though that is small if you run 3 Trainers Mail.

I'd work in the new garb with trashalanche. Just case you're not familiar it has an attach for 1 P energy that does 20x the number of items in your opponents discard pile. That's op enough to single handily win matches.

That's a good deck, but tbh I think Mewtwo will be over thanks to the new Garb hitting it for weakness, meaning you only need 6 items in the discard to get OHKOed. R.I.P Mewtwo.

That's a good deck, but tbh I think Mewtwo will be over thanks to the new Garb hitting it for weakness, meaning you only need 6 items in the discard to get OHKOed. R.I.P Mewtwo.

Yeah if Garb becomes a thing then yes mewtwo is done. We'll see though. It does take a P energy to attack with Garb so it's not like it's something that will be easy to tech in. If there are a lot of new decks that have Garb as their main attacker then I agree mewtwo is done for. We just have to see what happens.

Yeah. I feel like some kind of anti-meta deck will pop up to destroy all the current decks. My money's on Garbodor GUR/Mandibuzz FAC/Jolteon AOR/Wide Lense to one shot benched Shaymins and OHKO item-reliant decks. I'll kind of miss Mega Mewtwo, it was one of the few meta decks I liked :(

Maybe go for a Tapu Lele-GX/Garbodor then (if you can't beat it, join it)?
That could be good. Maybe something like Garbodor/Tauros/Lele would be good. I'd be pretty scared of that deck if my Vespiquens couldn't one-shot Tauros's :p

That could be good. Maybe something like Garbodor/Tauros/Lele would be good. I'd be pretty scared of that deck if my Vespiquens couldn't one-shot Tauros's :p

I was thinking this exact thing. Taurus/Garb/Lele and either 1 or no Shaymin. Have Tauros taking hits while the opponent builds their board and burns through those wonderful item cards and have a couple of garbs ready to go on the bench to start nuking mid game.

I was thinking this exact thing. Taurus/Garb/Lele and either 1 or no Shaymin. Have Tauros taking hits while the opponent builds their board and burns through those wonderful item cards and have a couple of garbs ready to go on the bench to start nuking mid game.
Yeah, that would be perfect, another idea of mine was Garb/Tauros/Decidueye, to put pressure on them with Feather Arrows and to boost Horn Attack's damage. Could be a bit clunky, but worth a shot. If it worked, then that would be OP, using Tauros as a damage absorber and using Decidueye to take out weak cards, and then steamrolling with Garbodors.

I really like the list, but the one thing I would change would be the Shaymin-EX and the Tapu-Lele-GX, but only for people who want to build a budget version of this deck. But I myself run M Mewtwo-EX and I love this list, I would definitely run it if I ever pull a Tapu Lele! (and if people want to run this in Expanded next season, throw in two or three Weakness policies [Primal Clash] to combat the Garbodor)

Back