Ruling Power Spray against "As often as you like" Powers

Carlos

A lost umbreon wandering
Hi. Thanks for reading.

I got a couple of questions while playing with my friends, and sometimes the wording is a bit confusing...
First, the one in the topic title...

1. Power Spray saying "This counts as that Pokémon using its Poké-Power" makes it read like if you only get to use once the Power, and you're not allowed anymore. But what if the Power is useful for as long as the user wants? Like Magnezone lvl. X's Electric Trans.

Maybe the answer is too obvious, >_> But making it clear would be very useful. As for the second...

2. With Marley's Request, can you use it if you only have one T/S/S in your discard pile?

Thanks, I hope someone helps us out.
Peace.

For question one, the power should be able to be used again since you can use it as many times as you want during your turn. I'm not 100% sure about this though. For question two, Marley's doesn't say to take up to two. It says to take two out of your discard. So no, you have to have two T/S/ST in your discard.

Wow

Thanks a lot... I'll wait for someone else to confirm it if you're not 100% sure >_>

But that was really helpful. Thanks!

Gliscor is wrong. Read Marley's. If you have one, put it into your hand. Power Spray doesn't cancel those special Powers, simlarly to Alakazam E4 Lv.X.

dmaster out.

Wow^2

Wow! Thanks!

I can't believe nobody asked this kind of question anywhere before. I was already supposing the Power was canceled, because of the "any" in there.

Thanks a lot!

d master342 said:
Gliscor is wrong. Read Marley's. If you have one, put it into your hand. Power Spray doesn't cancel those special Powers, simlarly to Alakazam E4 Lv.X.

dmaster out.

dmaster is wrong. Read Marley's. If you have TWO of the same name
you may take one and put it in your hand. You must have at least two T/S/S in your discard pile in order to use Marley's Request.

also confirming the fact that power spray does not block multiple powers that say "as many times as you want during your turn"

If they all have the same name, you pick it up. So if you have one, that qualifies. If this isn't right, my league leader sucks.

dmaster out.

EDIT: OK sorry dmaster I was wrong.

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=86036&highlight=marley

It turns out you can take the single card in your discard. Sorry about that :/
I should do my research a little better next time, huh.

TCG Rules Masters need to come in! :0 It doesn't say two in the last statement. x_x

dmaster out.

SUCCESS. Oh boy do I feel good answering a question right. w00t

dmaster out.

Yeah and I felt all clever imitating your post like that haha. Oh well!

Also, another tidbit I found was that if discarding marley's request through the use of download, your opponent gets to choose between that same marleys and whatever happens to be in the discard, so if you only have one card in there and download marleys, your opponent can just give you that marleys right back.

nardd said:
Yeah and I felt all clever imitating your post like that haha. Oh well!

Also, another tidbit I found was that if discarding marley's request through the use of download, your opponent gets to choose between that same marleys and whatever happens to be in the discard, so if you only have one card in there and download marleys, your opponent can just give you that marleys right back.

lou told me that by using download, you can't choose marley, as at the moment you downloaded marley, it wasn't in your discard pile yet.

Well I don't have a very good track record in this thread, but porygon2 says you discard a supporter and use the effect of that card as your power, so I would think that it would be in the discard before you use the power...

Download should work with Marley's, unless I get a good reason why it doesn't.

dmaster out.

Oh well, oh well, oh well

Thank you, everybody.

I'll ask a couple more questions here I've got from playing rogue decks, to not make another topic (is that wrong? I hope not). Just two:

1. SW Xatu is maybe the only one card I've seen with the "Once during your turn" text not followed by the "before your attack" text.... Sooo..

Would that include the END of your turn?
If Primeape used Tantrum and confused itself, or Arcanine RR burned itself to make 60 damage, would I be able to actually move that condition to my foe?

2. Rampardos' killer attack ignores all effects on the Defending Pokémon.. What if it's attacking an Electric type when a Sunyshore City Gym is in play?
Do Stadiums, not actually attached to a Pokémon get to affect the damage?

Thanks. See ya =)

1. I totally don't know (I've never played with/against anyone who has used Xatu before.) I think it's before....

2. The effect isn't on the Defending Pokemon. It's an effect from something in play, which Ramp's doesn't go through. So it would only do 80 damage.

And BTW d master, I interpreted it as if he only had one (just one only) T/S/ST in the discard.

Yeah, I know. That was the question, you can pick up that one card...

dmaster out.

Carlos said:
Thank you, everybody.

I'll ask a couple more questions here I've got from playing rogue decks, to not make another topic (is that wrong? I hope not). Just two:

1. SW Xatu is maybe the only one card I've seen with the "Once during your turn" text not followed by the "before your attack" text.... Sooo..

Would that include the END of your turn?
If Primeape used Tantrum and confused itself, or Arcanine RR burned itself to make 60 damage, would I be able to actually move that condition to my foe?

2. Rampardos' killer attack ignores all effects on the Defending Pokémon.. What if it's attacking an Electric type when a Sunyshore City Gym is in play?
Do Stadiums, not actually attached to a Pokémon get to affect the damage?

Thanks. See ya =)
You cannot use Xatu's Pokepower at the end of your turn.
And for Marley's, you do as much as you can.
EDIT: and the Porygon2 thing, you would be discarded and you would have to choose it if there are no other cards that can be chosen.

Gliscor said:
2. The effect isn't on the Defending Pokemon. It's an effect from something in play, which Ramp's doesn't go through. So it would only do 80 damage.

Actually, the effect is considered to be "on" all the pokemon it's affecting, so Rampardos would ignore it and do the weakness/etc. damage.

Back