• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Power of the Deep Sea (P Kyogre EX / Seismitoad EX)

Bruno Miguel

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:10

• 3x Kyogre EX
    3x P-Kyogre EX
    2 Seismitoad EX
    1 Keldeo EX
    1 Suicune Safeguard
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 37

• 4x Dive ball
    1x Startling Megaphone
    1x superior energy retriever
    1x tool retriever
    2x vs seeker
    2x professor's letter
    3x muscle band
    2x kyogre spirit link
    2x float stone
    1x head ringer
    1x Jamming Net
    1x Weakness policy

1x Scramble Switch
    2x Skyla
    4x Juniper
    1x Xerosic
    3x N
    1x Lysandre
    1x Teammate

3x Rough Seas
Energy: 13

• 10x Water Energy
    3x DCE

Strategy:

the main strategy is set up P-Kyogre ASAP, Archie is there to put primal kyogre from discart pile right to the bench. Seismitoad is to delay the opponent, Keldeo can whether attack and be a support for retreats. meanwhile Suicune can defend me frim EX and get me some time to set up kyogre.

well that's it, I'm working on this deck since primal clash releases in japan xD, After I saw kyogre's potential I become very excited about it.
so how can I improve this deck?

PS I took Huntail off the deck because it was a little bit inconsistent

Bruno Miguel said:
Pokemon:16

• 3x Kyogre EX
    3x P-Kyogre EX
    2 Seismitoad EX
    2 Keldeo EX
    2 Clamperl PCL
    2 Huntail PCL
    1 Suicune Safeguard
    1 Reshiran LTR
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 32

• 2x Ultra Ball
    3x Dive Ball
    1x Kyogre Spirit Link
    3x Muscle Band
    2x Float Stone
    1x Silver Bangle
    2x VS Seeker
    1x Professor's Letter
    1x Jamming Net
    1x Tool Retriever
    1x Scramble Switch / Dowsing Machine

1x Archie Ace in the Hole
    1x Xerosic
    3x Professor Sycamore
    3x N
    1x Lysandre
    1x Colress
    1x Skyla

3x Rough Seas
Energy: 12

• 9x Water Energy
    3X DCE

Strategy:

the main strategy is set up P-Kyogre ASAP, Archie is there to put primal kyogre from discart pile right to the bench, that's why I'm running a feel ultra balls, and maybe dowsing machine. Huntails is a secret weapon, cause he first attack does 20 damage times de amount of damage in your field (very similar to plasma storm Gallade) but he only needs 1 water energy for that, which makes him a very powerfull and easy set attacker. Seismitoad is to delay the opponent, Keldeo can whether attack and be a support for retreats.

well that's it, I'm working on this deck since primal clash releases in japan xD, After I saw kyogre's potential I become very excited about it.
so how can I improve this deck?

First, drop your Keldeo-EXes(as well as both associated float stones, if you want), as Silent Lab can ruin its rush in ability(due to Keldeo-EX being a Basic) if put down, eliminating your retreat avenue, and its purpose in deck, in the process(If Stadium-locking Ninetales is in play w/ Silent Lab on, that could lead to a world of hurt after another pokemon takes the ninetales ko time to set up). Also, since Suicune's a basic, same to him, as blocking EX effects using non-evolution cards will be rendered useless, Replace them with a Primal Clash Swampert line + Rare Candies to get your desired cards out by an ability that's not shut down via the power of evolution card. Second, 3 Kyogre and Primal? 2 of each is sufficient enough: Save some room for cards like Weakness Policy, and/or even Head Ringer, in case the other side doesn't have a Seismitoad of his/her own to stop its attachment. As it's late in my area, I can't give more advice tonight, sad to say, but anyone want to fill me in, follow-up, amd/or even make other replacement suggestions(who knows if my input is poor?)that could help this poor guy w/o completely destroying the core of his deck, P-Kyogre and Huntail? By the way, Huntail's first attack does not consider allied damage on all: It is a mirror of Gallade's first attack, but with 1 less energy attachment needed...

Good core! Hopefully, my call is the start of the act of your deck's improvement, even if someone else has to make suggestions in my stead...

^ OK, time to go to bed...

Hi,

I think you should consider adding a 2-2 line of Milotic PCL in here, because it's really great search power alongside Dive Ball. Another thing to consider is an extra N and/or Sycamore, because you will start with a dead hand quite often when you carry too light of a draw engine. A second Kyogre Spirit Link would also be a nice addition, considering there is a 10% chance your lone Spirit Link could get prized.

Suggestions:
-1 Reshiram (Doesn't really help that much in any matchup)
-1 KeldeoEX (Shouldn't be attacking very often and you shouldn't need Rush In too often)
-2 Ultra Ball (Dive Balls are better, and Reshiram is the only thing that can't use them)
-1 KyogreEX
-1 PKyogreEX (I don't think you will need to set up more than one Primal Kyogre very often)
-1 Archie's Ace in the Hole (I just don't like this one since there are so many cards that can get stuck in your hand)
-1 Jamming Net (Playing just one isn't going to do a whole lot)

+2 Milotic
+2 Feebas
+1 Dive Ball (4 Dive Ball is awesome)
+1 N/Sycamore
+1 Tool Retriever (These allow for some cool plays with Float Stones)
+1 Kyogre Spirit Link

I'd also recommend using Computer Search, as it pairs very well with Milotic.

thank you all for the reply guys, but I don't think that cut keldeo of from the deck would be a good Idea, since it's very easy to beat ninetails.
I'm thinking in take archie off and ultra balls, because it's really hard to use, every match I've done with this deck, I've never had a chance to use it.
I have a doubt about using reshiran or maybe Bouffalant from primal clash, because the new bouffalant does 80 base damage + 40 my opponent pokemon is a grass type, adding a silver bangle it does 150 damage, besides, reshiran does 20 damages per damage in it agains virge( my worst enemy)
and It attack with a single DCE, which is faster than bouffalant who needs 3 colorless.
Milotic could be a good option, but I'll have to drop somethings.

It's hard to say yet how good this deck will be, I still need to study new decks that will appear with primal clash, and make some modifications ^^.

Ty all guys xD

Guys I made some modification in this deck, I took off huntail because it was a little bit inconsistent, and I think this way would be easier to get what I need.
the only problem I'm seeing is to get cards from discart pile, and I want to put Lysandre trump card but I dont know what can I take out to put him, Any Ideas?

ty

No one stopped playing item cards when Seismitoad came into the format because of Quaking Punch, much like Fairy Decks aren't going to drop Aromatisse because Garbodor is still a thing. If you run into Silent Lab, you will be more than capable of combatting it with your own Stadium cards. If it's paired with Ninetails, you will be able to find ways around it with Lysandre and VS Seeker. Every deck is going to have a kryptonite, but it's all about finding ways to counter it while hoping to avoid it completely.

With that all being said, I don't think the question here is, "Should I refrain from playing Keldeo EX because of Silent Lab and Barrier Shrine Nintetails?" I think the real question is, "Will Keldeo EX offer a better, more consistent switch mechanic over a heavy count of Switch based cards?" That is something you will have to answer for yourself through thorough testing.

d_rock37 said:
No one stopped playing item cards when Seismitoad came into the format because of Quaking Punch, much like Fairy Decks aren't going to drop Aromatisse because Garbodor is still a thing. If you run into Silent Lab, you will be more than capable of combatting it with your own Stadium cards. If it's paired with Ninetails, you will be able to find ways around it with Lysandre and VS Seeker. Every deck is going to have a kryptonite, but it's all about finding ways to counter it while hoping to avoid it completely.

With that all being said, I don't think the question here is, "Should I refrain from playing Keldeo EX because of Silent Lab and Barrier Shrine Nintetails?" I think the real question is, "Will Keldeo EX offer a better, more consistent switch mechanic over a heavy count of Switch based cards?" That is something you will have to answer for yourself through thorough testing.

I understand your point, but honestly, keldeo is more like a support attacker, because even if someone blocks its ability I still can use it to attack, besides, there isnt so many decks that block ability, since almost all of them use some kind of ability, fairy for example. But you're right, I should considering use some switches in my deck xD, but like I said, it's very hard to think in something to take off to put some of these cards ^^

Back