• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard PostRotation Raichu GX/Raikou

Kyrushi

Squirrel
I've been in the process of building up a deck surrounding Raichu GX and Raikou -- abusing Raikou's ability to hit harder for each electric energy on it and Raichu GX's ability to hit harder for EVERY electric energy on my side the field. This makes Raikou a powerful backup attacker while losing Raichu GX is generally risk free. This is my list so far.

Pokemon (15)

• 3x Pikachu (Burning Shadows)
  • 2x Raichu GX
  • 3x Raikou (Breakthrough)
  • 2x Magnemite (Breakthrough)
  • 2x Magneton (Breakthrough)
  • 2x Magnezone (Breakthrough)
  • 1x Tapu Koko GX
Trainers (26)
  • 4x Random Receiver
  • 3x Clemont
  • 4x Sycamore
  • 3x Choice Band
  • 3x Energy Pouch
  • 3x Rare Candy
  • 1x Bridgette
  • 2x Nest Ball
  • 3x Ultra Ball
Energy (14)
  • 14x Electric Energy
Total (55)

Any suggestions for the last slots? Or maybe I should toss out some stuff? I've considered the idea of running Aether Paradise to help Raikou live longer. I'm also entirely unsure how I should get energy back from the discard. With Random Receiver replacing VS Seeker i'm not so confident running Fisherman anymore and feel it would be better to use Energy Retrieval.

This is an old post, but I think it's awesome! I think you need to drop those Random Receivers for a couple Leles to start. Gets you a high chance of Turn 1 Brigitte/accelerates your setup early, and grabs Clemont to fuel Magnetic Circuit.

Energy Pouch is an interesting tech, but I don't think it'll be too good. With everyone running at least 2 Field Blower and you not having a Stadium, its gonna get hit.

Speaking of which, you need Field Blower/Guzma in some amount, or you auto lose to Garbotoxin.

You should have at least 2 N in there somewhere.

Space is pretty tight though, let's see...

-1 Tapu Koko GX
-4 Random Receiver
-1 Choice Band
-3 Energy Pouch
-1 Professor Sycamore
-1 Electric Energy
-1 Magneton

+2 Tapu Lele GX
+2 N
+2 Field Blower
+2 Guzma
+8

We have 4 space left. I would say add some combo of Energy Retrieval/Fisherman/Energy Recycler/Brock's Grit, and consider beefing up your Magnemite/Magnezone count a bit so you don't auto-lose if 2 are prized. I would say...

+1 Magnemite
+1 Magnezone
-1 Pikachu
+2 Energy Retrieval
+1 Brock's Grit

Let me know what you think... this is all theorycrafting by me lol.

Edit: Also Raikou from Shining Legends would be an interesting choice. 1 prize attacker, charges up your bench for Raichu (would not be great turn 2 tho unless you discard an Electric with Ultra Ball or Sycamore), 2 shots most things (with a Choice Band) for 3.

Last edited:
Back