• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Post TEU - Granbull

momand

Aspiring Trainer
no hand
Pokemon:
4x Snubbull LST
4x Granbull LST
2x Slugma LST
2x Magcargo CES
3x Oranguru SUM
1x Ditto (*)
1x Wobbuffet LST

Trainers:
4x Apricorn Maker
3x Diantha
2x Guzma
1x Tate and Liza

4x Ultra Ball
4x Nest Ball
3x Great Ball
3x Choice Band
2x Pokemon Communication
2x Rescue Stretcher
1x Mysterious Treasure
1x Pal Pad
1x Switch
1x Bodybuilding Dumbbells
1x Field Blower

2x Shrine of Punishment
1x Wondrous Labyrinth (*)

Energy:
7x Fairy Energy

New additions:
Wobbuffet LST - Necessary to stop opponent from evolving Ditto (*) into Alolan Muk, which may increase in popularity due to Jirachi TEU
Pokemon Communication - Allows to search for basics without the need to discard, gets rid of 2 cards from hand
Wondrous Labyrinth - Can hurt opponent by increasing the amount of energy they need to have on their Pokemon (i.e Zoro, Tales, etc)

Hi TSA123,

Nice list. Consider to take out one Diantha and Tate and Liza for two Bill's Analysis. With the number of Ball cards and other items this is in essence a fifth and sixth Apricon Maker.

list looks very solid. altough 3 dianthas seem quite excessive. i think 3 shrines is still quite good to put btw, but that wonder stadium should be amazing :)

Hi TSA123,

Nice list. Consider to take out one Diantha and Tate and Liza for two Bill's Analysis. With the number of Ball cards and other items this is in essence a fifth and sixth Apricon Maker.
Good idea, I will test it!
list looks very solid. altough 3 dianthas seem quite excessive. i think 3 shrines is still quite good to put btw, but that wonder stadium should be amazing :)
I’m not quite sure yet how 2 shrine and 1 labyrinth will work yet, I wanted to have 3 shrine but deck space was too tight

That's actually a very solid list, congrats !

Nice one with Wobbuffet, the meta will soon be full of (*) Pokémon. It will shut down :
- Ditto (*) --> Granbull is also running its own, so be carefull with it
- Diancie (*)
- Tapu Koko (*)
- Shaymin (*)
- Arceus (*) --> very hard for White Kyurem to win the prize race without this card
- Volcanion (*)
- and in a less important way : Latias (*), Solgaleo (*), Victini (*), Xerneas (*)...
Very good addition !

I am not very sold on Pokémon Communication in this deck, by the way.
It will need to be tested, I guess :)

Here are the changes I would suggest :

-1 Oranguru
+1 Zebstrika --> this replacement is very personnal, I find Zebstrika often usefull in Granbull

-1 Guzma
+1 Switch/Escape Rope --> Guzma is too often a dead card in hand, a single copy (searchable with Magcargo/Oranguru and recyclable with Pal Pad) is probably enough. And Granbull never has enough Switch options that are not Supporters.

-2 Pokémon Communication
+2 Bill's Analysis --> Great Supporter for Granbull.

-1 Diantha
+1 Great Ball --> It is important to maximize the consistency, the first 2 turns are crucial.

-1 Fairy Energy
+1 Shrine of Punishment --> this replacement is very personnal too, I find 6 energies to be enough in this deck but I understand that it could be an issue with all the stall decks around.

That's actually a very solid list, congrats !

Nice one with Wobbuffet, the meta will soon be full of (*) Pokémon. It will shut down :
- Ditto (*) --> Granbull is also running its own, so be carefull with it
- Diancie (*)
- Tapu Koko (*)
- Shaymin (*)
- Arceus (*) --> very hard for White Kyurem to win the prize race without this card
- Volcanion (*)
- and in a less important way : Latias (*), Solgaleo (*), Victini (*), Xerneas (*)...
Very good addition !

I am not very sold on Pokémon Communication in this deck, by the way.
It will need to be tested, I guess :)

Here are the changes I would suggest :

-1 Oranguru
+1 Zebstrika --> this replacement is very personnal, I find Zebstrika often usefull in Granbull

-1 Guzma
+1 Switch/Escape Rope --> Guzma is too often a dead card in hand, a single copy (searchable with Magcargo/Oranguru and recyclable with Pal Pad) is probably enough. And Granbull never has enough Switch options that are not Supporters.

-2 Pokémon Communication
+2 Bill's Analysis --> Great Supporter for Granbull.

-1 Diantha
+1 Great Ball --> It is important to maximize the consistency, the first 2 turns are crucial.

-1 Fairy Energy
+1 Shrine of Punishment --> this replacement is very personnal too, I find 6 energies to be enough in this deck but I understand that it could be an issue with all the stall decks around.
I personally disagree with cutting 1 Oranguru for 1 Zebstrika because you may end up discarding a hand for Ultra Ball and 3 unplayable cards, resulting in an All Out for 30 where you may have needed that All Out for 160/190. I used to play a 1-1 Zeb line but I ended up dropping it; however, it is truly up to personal preference.

I disagree with cutting Guzma for an additional Switch because I think that 1 is way too low. You may need it multiple times in a game, and Pal Pad is just simply not enough with 1 Guzma in my opinion; however, I do agree with cutting Diantha for it.

I fully agree with dropping Communication. After testing, I don't think that it really has a place in this deck. It too often turns into a dead card and can't be searched with Apricorn Maker. Bill's Analysis is an amazing card in this deck. I've been testing 1 but I want to bump it up to 2.

I'm already cutting Diantha for an additional Switch, so I feel as though the next viable option is to drop Tate & Liza (which can help in games where you're severely dead drawing/need a 3rd Switch), or Bodybuilding Dumbbells (which really helps increase your Granbull's bulk) for Great Ball. I'm not entirely sure.

Granbull loses to Stall anyway so dropping 1 Fairy for a 3rd Shrine is completely doable.

Bill's analysis is good. But consider playing Poke Nav. It's Item so you can play it anytime. You can add energy or pokemon to your hand or at least set 3 cards in order. I am playing 3 copies of it in my granbull deck and I am Poke Nav fan. :D IMO reducing amount of supporters is vital for this deck.

Bill's analysis is good. But consider playing Poke Nav. It's Item so you can play it anytime. You can add energy or pokemon to your hand or at least set 3 cards in order. I am playing 3 copies of it in my granbull deck and I am Poke Nav fan. :D IMO reducing amount of supporters is vital for this deck.
I’ve tested it and to be honest I just don’t like it. Sure, it’s a card that you can play; however, there are just better cards that take its place.

Back