• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Post Rotation (Lunala GX/Mewtwo EX/Espeon GX)

Eaglescout1993

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Hello,

I've been playing more competitively for the past year at a local league, and have been slowly adjusting a deck based on Lunala GX from the base Sun/Moon set. I recently made some tweaks to maintain the deck being standard post rotation, and I'm looking for some ideas to help further improve what I have. Thank you in advance for any tips given. :)

List:

Pokemon (16):

3 Cosmog (SM 64)
2 Cosmoem (SM 65)
3 Lunala GX (SM 66)
2 Eevee (SM 101)
2 Espeon GX (SM 61)
2 Mewtwo EX (BKT 62)
2 Tapu Lele GX (GUR 60)

Trainers (34):

3 Professor Sycamore (BKP 107)
2 N (FAC 105)
2 Skyla (BKT 148)
1 Hala (GUR 126)
1 Professor Kukui (SM 128)
1 Lillie (SM 122)
1 Brock's Grit (EVO 74)

4 Ultra Ball (SM 135)
4 Max Elixir (BKP 102)
4 Choice Band (GUR 121)
4 Puzzle of Time (BKP 109)
2 Max Potion (GUR 128)
2 Rare Candy (SM 129)

3 Altar of the Moone (GUR 117)

Energies (10):

10 Psychic Energy

Strategy:

The main focus with this deck is being able to shuffle around energies as needed to power up the attacks, heal with Max Potion, and be able to retreat for free (except Cosmoem) with Altar of the Moone. Mewtwo is there to do heavy damage with Shatter Shot, or swap damage with Damage Change; Espeon and Tapu Lele can punish those that build up energy on their active Pokemon; and Lunala of course to help move the energies around as needed.

For the trainers, I chose to run a 3-1 line with Sycamore and Hala because of the usefulness of being able to shuffle cards back into the deck and draw a full hand after using a GX attack. I did run 2 Hala before, but I ran into issues of drawing into it before I could run a GX attack. Max Elixir of course to help accelerate energies onto the field. I wanted to include a Lillie because of the draw power for turn 1, so Lele helps to get it out turn 1. Brock's Grit was also a favorite of mine from Evolutions, and it helps to restore Pokemon and Energies back into the deck.

Since VS Seeker and Trainers Mail are rotating, I substituted them for Puzzle of Time and Skyla, which is especially useful to get Rare Candy quicker and get back any important cards from the discard.

Other notes:

Previously, I did run the other Lunala from Guardians Rising as another Shatter Shot attacker, and it helped to trade away less prizes from knockouts.

So there's what I have. I really appreciate any tips to make this better. Thank you!

Back