Possible "Nintendo Selects" Titles

ElectricalSplash

Pokemon Fan
I'm pretty sure you all know that Nintendo released 4 games in the "Nintendo Selects" line that are being reprinted and available for only $20. The 4 games that were released in North America were :

1) Mario Super Sluggers
2) Wii sports
3) Zelda: Twilight Princess
4) Animal Crossing

I heard a rumour that the next 4 might be the original Mario Galaxy, Paper mario, Mario Strikers, and Punch out.

Do you guys think these would be great choices, or would you guys pick something else?

I've personally been hoping for Punchout and Wario Ware smooth moves

I myself would pick the No More Heroes dualogy. Saying this I realise that they are being remade into HD for the 360 and PS3 so they may not make the cut.
And besides, is there anything different in these re-releases, if not then why not just buy the same games for cheaper?

Delta said:
I myself would pick the No More Heroes dualogy. Saying this I realise that they are being remade into HD for the 360 and PS3 so they may not make the cut.
And besides, is there anything different in these re-releases, if not then why not just buy the same games for cheaper?

I don't think any third party game will get this kind of treatment. Nintendo can only decide wheter or not to offer their own games for a cheaper price. I think that would be up to the publisher, which for No More Heroes is Ubisoft I think. And there is a point to "re-release" them. If they just simply dropped the price, it may not catch the attention of customers. By Packaging it in red and sticking a "Nintendo Selects" logo, Nintendo has a way of advertising these games in a different way. People may have forgotten about these games and this is a way to remind them at a cheap price. Plus some of these games aren't available at retail anymore. I've been looking for Wario Ware Smooth Moves for a while but it's been out of production, meaning no new copies are made. If it's true that Mario Stikers is going to be "selected" than that gives all games out of print a chance, as that game isn't around stores anymore and ceased production around 2 years ago.

I think Mario Strikers seems like a good game for re-release. I mean if Super Sluggers was... I have doubts for Super Mario Galaxy and (Super?) Paper Mario. Punch-Out!! seems likely. I personally think they should have Wario Land: Shake It! for Nintendo Selects.

Metroid Prime 3/Metroid Prime Collection, SSBB? There's a couple more that I would like to see redone (in addition to the New Play Control titles that I never see around anymore). I like that they re-release these kinds of things for people that may have missed them.

dmaster out.

Both Mario Galaxy titles and Brawl are all titles I would love to see re-released. If I remember correctly, the Wii U can play Wii games, so Nintendo can still make money by re-releasing the older titles, like Brawl and Galaxy 1.

Paper Mario for $20 is indeed a great deal,for both those whom have yet to play it, as well as those whom wish to replay it(me)....the speculated choices are interesting and while they are great,(and I may sound a bit selfish) it would be even more so if Metroid were re-released in a trilogy collection (similar to the Sly Collection,Tomb Raider,and PoPersia) for those,such as I, whom haven't played metroid.

The MP Collection would probably not be resold for that cheap. :p I could see MP3 definitely being a contender for that though.

dmaster out.

I saw these in stores recently and thought what's the idea behind selling Wii Sports for $20 (other than making money)? Doesn't everybody who has a Wii have Wii Sports anyway? Or do new Wii systems come with a different game nowadays?

Back