• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Porygon (Citys, seniors)

juunkmilk

3nd coming
Imma just put TR for triumphant cuz I'm too lazy to see if theres an actually abbreviation for it yet.

Pokémon:
4-2-3-1 Porgygon-z X (TR-TR-DP35-MD)
2-1 uxie X (LA-LA)
2-1 Dialga G X (PT-PT)
1 azelf

T/S/S:
2 Bebe's
3 communication
2 BTS
4 candy
4 drawer +
3 SSU
1 lux ball
3 collector
3 e-belt
3 PONT
2 junk arm
4 evoluter
4 devoluter

NRG:
4 DCE
1 {m}

Set up porugons, attach a load of TMs, hit for some, and abuse Poképowers to win.
For my area's city's I might have to take out my lovely in-a-forest doduo and some other things for DGX. (It wouldn't be too hard to set up with learning and such)
Hey guys, quess what! At most, with pokedrawer, junk arm, decode, and trade off, I can search my deck for any eight cards I want in a turn! At least, I can search my deck for any two cards I want a turn!

Yeah, no Dodrio. Add in Dialga. You need no PokeHealer, Porygon's no tank. Also, 3 Belt seems overkill, and Premier Ball is kinda weird. Junk Arm when it comes out, to recover your TMs.

Why in the world wold i run junk arm when I can just keep my 3 e-belts?
And after testing this deck, pokéhealer helps a ton, its a lot easier than having to bring up/ get out another porygon, and it doesn't give your opponent another prize.
fixed.

By all means, kudos for having the guts to play this deck, but naturally you have to realize that you've picked a deck with many bad matchups.

That said, your plane of attack against:
-Vilegar
-Donphan
-Entei/Raikou
-Dialgachomp
-Umbreon
-Scizor Prime

is?

Provided you do have Dialga G, Gengar X can continuously use his Level down on you. Donphan WILL hit you hard and rip holes in Porygon. Everyone has a power in your deck aside from Dialga G and Porygon, so naturally Entei/Raikou's Thunder Fall will batter your side. Dialga's deafen lock can be your death sentence, Umbreon walls you with moonlight fang, and lastly, Scizor walls you with his body.

-4 Healer +
-1 Communication
+3 Basic Metal
+1 Bebe's Search
+1 Super Scoop Up.

Having basic metals will enable you to hurt Scizor, and allow you to Second Strike Umbreon easier. I honestly have no Idea what to do against Donphan, unless you consider running Exploud. Best of luck with the deck though.

@LJ: I meant to say TMs :p If a Porygon gets knocked out with a lot of TMs, they are gone. You need to get them back, hence Junk Arm.

Whoa there Mous, don't beat around the bush, say what you mean

In all seriousness, I like the Dialga tech, but I feel like the only time you use it is against trainer locking decks, as against anyone else it's too slow, as it wastes an attack to level it up. The only situation I can see you doing it is when you can't play any trainers. Drifblim UD solves pretty much every problem you have, and if you run 4x Call Energy (which you should), then you can tech in 1x Lucian's Assignment to get it out right away and surprise the opponent. -- I think you should keep Dialga, don't get me wrong. I just mean add in Drifblim too.

That having been said, I think you should keep the Dialga, but put it down to a 1-1 line since you'll never be attacking with it and the basic is a lot easier to search than the X (Pokemon Collector, Call Energy). Also, you NEED 1 Azelf LA, if your Porygon-Z X or DGX are prized you're screwed. Poke Blower + is also a good idea for this deck, since you can search it out so easily with PZX and it gets you a free prize. Here's my suggested changes:

-4 Poke Healer+ (Kind of out of place in this deck, PZX has a max 150 HP with e-belt and that still gets OHKOd by Machamp, Donphan, etc. -- taking up 4 spaces in your deck is not good, I think Porygon should be more offensive/aggressive)
+4 Poke Blower+

-1 Porygon (Don't need 4; that 4th one will never evolve)
-1 Expert Belt (3 is unnecessary, you can search it out so easily)

+1-1 Drifblim UD (Gets rid of annoying tanks, Donphan, etc. -- I suggest Shiny Drifloon, as it has free retreat)

-1 Dialga G
-4 Poke Drawer+ (Aren't you searching for cards enough already?)
+4 Call Energy (Preventing donks, getting out more Porygons, Dialga G, etc.)
+1 Lucian's Assignment (For surprise Drifblim attacks)

-3 PONT
+3 Looker's Investigation

Looker's has saved me so many times I can't even begin to tell you. PONT is pointless because you're searching for every card you need every turn, so there's no reason you would ever need to refresh your own hand. Looker's gets rid of your opponent's hand, and against SP you always want to do that. Even if they don't have Spray, just forcing them to get rid of their typical massive hand hurts a lot. Getting a mode crash off on a Dialga G tank can also be game winning.

Next is more of a personal preference as I have tried this deck out with SSU and I got four tails in a row so I decided to take it out.

-3 SSU
+1 Azelf LA
+2 Warp Point (Seriously. Porygon has 2 retreat, Dialga has 2/3 - can't remember - the point is you're going to need a guaranteed switch out and it sucks losing games because you flipped a tails on SSU)

So here's what the new list would look like:

Pokémon:
3-2-3-1 Porgygon-z X (TR-TR-DP35-MD)
2-1 uxie X (LA-LA)
1-1 Dialga G X (PT-PT)
1-1 Drifblim (SF-UD)
1 Azelf LA

T/S/S:
2 Bebe's
3 communication
2 BTS
4 candy
4 blower +
2 warp point
1 lux ball
3 collector
2 e-belt
3 Looker's
1 Lucian's
4 evoluter
4 devoluter

NRG:
4 DCE
4 Call Energy

Hope I could help, even if you only take one of my suggestions. I personally use 2-2 Dodrio SV to have some pokes with free retreat I can send up after a KO, but then again if I had an Uxie X things might be different.

I guess I'm leading you a Dialga G lv.X for cities now? Anyways...
Junk Arm for sure, great card helps recover drawers, TM's and your Lux Ball etc...
-4 Pokehealer +
+2 Junk Arm
+2 {M} (Having your Dialga be able to attack would be nice)
Other then the PokeHealer's this is a very solid list.

If it's released here, I would recommend using the Version Up Porygon rather than the other one. It lets you get a Porygon2, and when you evolve it next turn, you can use mapping to get a BTS and evolve into Porygon-Z.

http://pokebeach.com/2010/07/summer-battle-campaign-porygon-promos

Oh, cool, this ISN'T dead yet.
Responses:
Normal promogon is not OHKO'd by donphan, donphan IS OHKO'd by porygon.
Porygon Triumphants power is alright, but promogon's power is better and Triumphant's porygon doesn't have any good attacks.
Me running DGX=
Scizor is pretty worthless against it (so why would I run basic metals as a defense against scizor when the thing I would be running the metals for in the first place already destroys it?)
no exoskeleton (It won't change the fact that donphan will HURT, but its a plus and donphan isn't even run in my area anyway)
also, junk arm is not needed (It might help, but still) because before porygon gets knocked out, I just install all my TMs to a new one.

I don't mean to be of those kids who won't take suggestions, but I feel like you guys probably could have read the cards a little bit more.

@festizzio, Your post is awesome. Maybe adding drifblim too.
And I do need some basic energy.
And I might add machamp.

First off though, Imma post my real list.

If promogon isn't E-Belted and Donphan is using heavy impact (which it does a lot believe it or not) it does get killed, also it not like you can always predict when your pokemon are going to get knock out, and your not always going to have another porygon out, also Dialga isn't going to be shutting ANYTHING down if it is in your prizes.
-3 SSU
+1 Azelf
+2 Junk Arm/2 metal, it is going to be funny when Lost remover gets played and most your energy is sent to the lost world.

Too bad My porygons are always e-belted, anyhoo, changes made.
And I mean, I might not always get set up, but seeing as that hasn't happened yet, I've determined my deck is consistent. And countering in horrible luck is too much for me to think about in a deck.

trutrusky, I misread your post, I thought you meant the porygon-z from our upcoming set.
If those promos come out in the U.S, I will most definitely use them.

Back