• 'plume trainer lock

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • 6 corners

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters
Nigel said:
Good point that you have there, though Darkrai.dek is going to run Special Darkness energy, making the OHKO much easier.

Actually, it's quite hard to find room for Sp. Dark. You need 4 DCE for Tornadus EX and you need at least 8-9 regular Darkness for a consistent Dark Patch.

alexmf2 said:
Actually, it's quite hard to find room for Sp. Dark. You need 4 DCE for Tornadus EX and you need at least 8-9 regular Darkness for a consistent Dark Patch.

You don't need 4 DCE for Tornadus-EX. That's complete overkill. Personally, I'd run 8 Basic Dark, 2 DCE, 1-2 Tornadus-EX, and 2-3 Special Dark.

Nigel said:
You don't need 4 DCE for Tornadus-EX. That's complete overkill. Personally, I'd run 8 Basic Dark, 2 DCE, 1-2 Tornadus-EX, and 2-3 Special Dark.

With only 2 DCE, your going to have a very hard time getting Tornadus EX out. You might as well not play it.

alexmf2 said:
With only 2 DCE, your going to have a very hard time getting Tornadus EX out. You might as well not play it.

Most Japanese lists play 2 DCE. Want me to bring some up for you?

alexmf2 said:
What is the scale of tournaments that they have been winning with only 2?

I know someone whose very familiar with the meta in Japan, and he says that the majority of competitive Dark decks there run 2-3 DCE. 50-75%.

Nigel said:
I know someone whose very familiar with the meta in Japan, and he says that the majority of competitive Dark decks there run 2-3 DCE. 50-75%.

Well, do you have any proof? Because I really do not think that would work.

alexmf2 said:
Well, do you have any proof? Because I really do not think that would work.

Here's a website that he texted to me:
http://ptcg.creatures.co.jp/

Apparently, there is a mix of lists with 4 DCE and without 4 DCE on that website. Personally, I haven't checked it out so I better do it...

Back