Ruling Politoed

Rain Dancer

Master Of Blastoise
I dont know if this question has been answered or not but does the Politoed from DP5(I think) pokebody stack?

Politoed LV.49 – Water – HP120
Stage 2 – Evolves from Poliwhirl

Poke-Body: Signs of Energy
If you have Poliwag, Poliwhirl, and Poliwrath in play, each of your Poliwag, Poliwhirl, and Ploiwrath's attacks does an additional 60 damage to any Active Pokemon.

[W][C] Frog Hop: 40 damage. Flip a coin, if heads this attack does an additional 40 damage.

Weakness: Grass (+30)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

if it does.....its broken

Well...It might stack and it might not. I think there will be an errata on this. Same thing goes for Houndoom DP5, even though that one seems self-referencing. (which is quite a shame)
According to the current translation, which is not the official one, I think it stacks.

It can't stack. Read the body carefully: "If you have Poliwag, Poliwhirl, and Poliwrath in play..."

Including the Politoed, that counts for all 4 Poliwag in your deck. So no, it doesn't stack, merely because you'd need 5 Poliwag to make it happen.

The translations aren't accurate, the way it's written in Japanese could be 10 different things in English.

And anyway, you can't give a ruling on cards that haven't been released. Because hell, we could all be wrong. And who's saying THAT Politoad will come to our shores anyway?

Well, yet again a card might be mistranslated. So there really isn't much use asking a question about a japanese translation. Just wait for the english version to come out.

Anyways, you've got a point there PMJ. Didn't even think of it.

Back