Politoed, more holoey effect.

Mystery Thing

Hiding in the Shadows
013politoeddeltaox2.jpg

I must say, I'm not a huge fan of how the rev holo grass symbol came out... :(

I still love this card but Hop Along was worded wrong. I can't really say it but you should put up to the number of Energies or something
1000000/10

Hop Along's wording is correct.

For the last attack, it should be "If the Defending Pokémon is [W] Pokémon..." The "a" is not needed. Also, is it just me or is there a speck thing after the 60 damage? Other than that, looks awesome. You're a very skilled faker. I don't like the reverse holo blank though... makes it hard to read the text on the card. Still, you've shown that you can done it well... now stick to normal holos please :p

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:
Also, is it just me or is there a speck thing after the 60 damage?

It's 60-, but I don't know if the minus is even used anymore... :rolleyes:

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:
I don't like the reverse holo blank though... makes it hard to read the text on the card. Still, you've shown that you can done it well... now stick to normal holos please :p

Oh, just wait until I do the Kecleon that's every type and has every holo symbol on there :p

How did you do the holoey thing?
I cant do those worth beans!
Also, where did you get the picture?

Actaully, - signs are only on 4 Pokémon in the Modified Format. Aggron LM (Heavy Blow), Breloom DX (Hustle Punch), Sudowoodo UF (Karate Chop) and Whiscash DX (Dwindling Wave).

I kind of think it's a little underpowered. Maybe that's just me. The background is cool, though the G/M logos behind the attacks makes it annoying to read.

Looks great, 11/10. But is it just me, or is the delta species sign a little too far to the right? also, the 80hp is alittle hard to read with everything holo.

Mystery Thing said:
013politoeddeltaox2.jpg

I must say, I'm not a huge fan of how the rev holo grass symbol came out... :(

Well, I think Politoad deserves more HP than 80. "] Next, I will try to correct the wording for "Hop Along" and "Pull Under".

Hop Along

"Count the number of Energies attached to Politoad ?. Choose up to that many of your opponent's Pokemon. This attack does 10 damage to each of them. "

For these kind of attacks that does damage to a Pokemon and has damage done to the same amount of whatever, you should use "This attack does..." And so on. This goes for Lillypad Throw too.

Pull Under

"If the defending Pokemon is [W] Pokemon, this attack does 30 damage instead of 60."

That's my 2 cents about Politoad. "] And no, the speck thing is there. It shouldn't need a - [Minus].

armaldoEX said:
"Count the number of Energies

I disagree. Any reference?

armaldoEX said:
For these kind of attacks that does damage to a Pokemon and has damage done to the same amount of whatever, you should use "This attack does..." And so on. This goes for Lillypad Throw too.

Not if I specifically decide that it'll place counters rather than do damage.

Woo woo! Here comes the wording nazi train!

Hop Along's wording is correct. The only card that has ever had the word "Energies" on it is Blaine, and its use is not the same as what is needed here. AQ Blissey has the same wording Hop Along needs in its power.

I'm not sure if Lillypad should have one L or two. Other than that, there is nothing wrong with its wording.

I just noticed that Pull Down's Energy cost is above the circles because it wouldn't fit otherwise. Are there real cards that do that? If not, you should probably avoid doing that. Did you try shrinking the font size down? If you did, and that didn't work, I'd rethink his moves. That darn dual type rule box takes up a line, I hate it.

Pull Down should read:

"If the Defending Pokémon is [W] Pokémon, this attack's base damage is 30." Marowak ? used as reference.

Because of this, the minus sign should not be there. If you wanted to keep it, Pull Down should read:

"If the Defending Pokémon is [W] Pokémon, this attack does 60 damage minus 30 damage."

No cards are exactly like this, so I would suggest removing the minus completely and copying the wording from Marowak ?.

And abaxter94, it's just you. The Delta Species mark is on the blank and isn't put in by the faker. All G/M fakes out there have the mark in the same spot, and it's the right one.

Aagron_92 said:

I would really like it if you could teach me. I've been trying for a while to get it and can't also, 10/10 on the card.

Aagron_92 said:
Aagron_92 said:

I would really like it if you could teach me. I've been trying for a while to get it and can't also, 10/10 on the card.

Just take big versions of the energy symbols and then use Fang's holo sheet thing to copy the color and the effect from the holo name/HP. And then center them on the text area of the cards.

The pic (as well as the last few) have been from Suta-Raito.

Back