• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Poli Milk. Toads and Cows (Politoed / Poliwrath / Miltank)

stormESP

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 4 Poliwag
    4 Poliwhirl
    1 Poliwrath
    3 Politoed
    1 Duskull
    1 Dusknoir
    3 Miltank
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 1 Dowsing Machine (ace spec)
    2 Evosoda
    4 Rare Candy
    1 Sacred Ash
    2 Startling Megaphone
    2 Switch
    4 Ultra Ball
    3 Colress
    2 Lysandre
    3 N
    2 Pokemon Fan Club
    4 Sycamore
    2 Skyla
    2 Pokemon Training Center
    2 Muscle Band
    1 Silver Bangle
Energy:

• 6 Water Energy

Strategy:
The main strategy of this deck is having politoed with kings song on the bench and hitting hard with poliwhirl (for 100+20/30 with muscle or bangle) with 110 hp with training center or Poliwrath for 60(or 80/90 with muscle / bangle) + 30 to the bench , also poliwrath hitting the benched helps poliwhirl to have the condition to the extra 50 in the attack , poliWrath with training center is beast with 170 hp (like an ex) wich only gives away 1 prize and can hit for 80/90 +30 without any energy wich mean is hard to get k.o. by mewtwo and yveltal exs , and also sinister hand dusknoir helps too achieving poliwhirl condition for the extra 50 and can make the k.o.s when the damage is spread by poliwhirl / wrath etc.
The part this deck changes from the other is the best partner of the decklist is Miltank , attacks with only 1 energy (wich helps to the strategy of low energy from this deck), can hit for 100/110 with muscle/bangle and is a basic non-ex pokemon so your opponent must always play for 6.k.o. Also miltank works wonders with sinister hand too.

Edited to coincide with the rules! :D ~Kecleon

RE: Poli Milk. Toads and Cows

cut miltank to 2,, is weak to fight and whirl already does a descent dmg and i would run 2 - 1 - 2 dusknoir since the only way to get dusknoir in hand is via ultra ball and u want use them for the polis first also in this way you could play less energies i think 3 - 4 is the ideal

Why run 4 Poliwhirls and only 1 Poliwrath (which can hit 2 opponent's Poké)? If you are planning for Toed to be a bench warmer, why commit to 3 and only 1 Wrath?

Why run 4 Poliwhirls and 4 Rare Candy? These 4 Whirls seems excessive to me.

Have you tested Exeggcute (Propagation) to help in your setup efforts?

I'd suggest the following changes for your consideration:

• -2 Poliwhirl
    +1 Professor's Letter - to help search for needed energy
    +1 Pal Pad - to recover and recycle discarded Supporters
I hope you find these comments helpful.

First of all thanks to both for the comments!
Im going to try the changes both of you are saying. The reason behind the 4 rare candy is the turn 2 setup and the dusknoir (now at 2-1-2) i think poliwhirl is preety needed because is one of the hard hitters of the deck (100 without energies and no muscle band/silver bangle). Will post again when finish some testing. Also any comment on playing with seismitoad and mewtwo like in the other build?

would be funny dont run Exs hmm maybe a couple suicune / DCE ? to gain time while u setup and i still really dont like miltanks also i feel u need more basics

TuxedoBlack said:
Why run 4 Poliwhirls and only 1 Poliwrath (which can hit 2 opponent's Poké)? If you are planning for Toed to be a bench warmer, why commit to 3 and only 1 Wrath?

• -2 Poliwhirl

What about Celebi ex?

I'm building something similar, but here's my breakdown:

4 - Poliwag
2 - Poliwhirl (2-Rare Candies)
3 - Poliwrath
3 - Politoed
2 - Seismitoad-EX

4 - DCE
4 - Water

Trainers and whatnot are still in the air ATM.

Faildoken said:
I'm building something similar, but here's my breakdown:

4 - Poliwag
2 - Poliwhirl (2-Rare Candies)
3 - Poliwrath
3 - Politoed
2 - Seismitoad-EX

4 - DCE
4 - Water

Trainers and whatnot are still in the air ATM.
If you search in this page there is another list from myself of a Polideck with 1 mewtwo ex and 1 seismitoad ex and is very similar , if u want to saw it

bwpple said:
TuxedoBlack said:

• -2 Poliwhirl

What about Celebi ex?
Personally, I would not incorporate Celebi EX into this deck since it would be just a bench-warming, 2-prize target waiting to be KOd, IMO.

I think Miltank is good in this deck especially when you don't want your poliwrath or dusknoir to be KO'd, if you have the energy ready that is haha!

Back