PokéBeach Create-A-Card: May 2014 - Stage 2 (Congrats Scorched, rev3rsor, & Zygarde)

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: May 2014 - Stage 2

Scorched Feathers said:
Let's see then...
I've been entering since December 2011, so...
29 months? 29 months. I can't even remember how many CaCs I've been in Dx
And here I am still, posting a day or two after it starts, as always.
Time to win this~

Stage 2 Eelektross HP140
TCGLight

Evolves from Eelektrik

eelektross.gif

NO. 604 EleFish Pokémon HT: 6'11" WT: 177.5 Ibs.

SF-Ability
Power Down
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may discard a
TCGLight
Energy attached to this Pokémon. If you do, discard the top 2 cards of your opponent's deck.

TCGLight
TCGWhite
ElectroStorm
This attack does 20 damage to each of your opponent's Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

weakness
SF-None
resistance
SF-None

retreat
TCGWhite
TCGWhite

With their sucker mouths, they suck in prey. Then they use their fangs to shock the prey with electricity.​

Yes, it does mill. Yes, it does do 20 to everything. At least Electric has nothing atm so it's not broken! :D
I'm just going to say that this card would be SO broken in Unlimited or BW-On format that it's not even funny... D: But this is NXD-On, so I'll judge it as it should. ;)

Heavenly Spoon said:
In it for image again. Expect whatever bug catches my fancy sometime in the not-too-distant future. Might even do Alakazam if I feel like coming up with a 'Heavenly Spoon' Poké-Power.
Heavenly Spoon, lol, I can't wait to see that. XDDD

Me and PMJ are partnering up again. EXPECT AMAZINGNESS AND AWESOMEITUDE.

I'll be in for text, please. I stopped doing CaC for a few months, mostly because lack of ideas, but hopefully I'll have something interesting this time :)

Get outta here
[Stage 2] Shiftry HP 120
shiftry.gif

NO. 275 Wicked Pokémon HT: 4'03" WT: 131.4 lbs
[Ability] Get Outta Here
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard a Pokémon-EX in your hand. If you do, choose two of your Prize Cards

Luispipe8 said:
Scorched Feathers said:
Let's see then...
I've been entering since December 2011, so...
29 months? 29 months. I can't even remember how many CaCs I've been in Dx
And here I am still, posting a day or two after it starts, as always.
Time to win this~

Stage 2 Eelektross HP140
TCGLight

Evolves from Eelektrik

eelektross.gif

NO. 604 EleFish Pokémon HT: 6'11" WT: 177.5 Ibs.

SF-Ability
Power Down
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may discard a
TCGLight
Energy attached to this Pokémon. If you do, discard the top 2 cards of your opponent's deck.

TCGLight
TCGWhite
ElectroStorm
This attack does 20 damage to each of your opponent's Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

weakness
SF-None
resistance
SF-None

retreat
TCGWhite
TCGWhite

With their sucker mouths, they suck in prey. Then they use their fangs to shock the prey with electricity.​

Yes, it does mill. Yes, it does do 20 to everything. At least Electric has nothing atm so it's not broken! :D
I'm just going to say that this card would be SO broken in Unlimited or BW-On format that it's not even funny... D: But this is NXD-On, so I'll judge it as it should. ;)

I feel like it's most viable in BW-On, where it's probably a broken deck. In unlimited, Lock decks should go off first.

Get outta here
[Stage 2] Shiftry HP 120 [D]
Evolves from Nuzleaf
shiftry.gif

[Ability] Get Outta Here
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard a Pokémon-EX in your hand. If you do, choose two of your Prize Cards and place them face up for the remainder of the game.
[G][C] Slice N' Dice 40
Flip a coin. If heads, discard an Energy attached to one of your opponent's Pokémon. If tails, discard all Pokémon Tool cards attached to one of your opponent's Pokémon.

Weakness: [F]x2
Resistance: [P]-20
Retreat: [C]

Scorched Feathers said:
Luispipe8 said:

I feel like it's most viable in BW-On, where it's probably a broken deck. In unlimited, Lock decks should go off first.

Yeah, but you have got to admit how broken would that be... :p

Reggie McGigas said:
Get outta here
[Stage 2] Shiftry HP 120 [D]
Evolves from Nuzleaf
shiftry.gif

[Ability] Get Outta Here
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard a Pokémon-EX in your hand. If you do, choose two of your Prize Cards and place them face up for the remainder of the game.
[G][C] Slice N' Dice 40
Flip a coin. If heads, discard an Energy attached to one of your opponent's Pokémon. If tails, discard all Pokémon Tool cards attached to one of your opponent's Pokémon.

Weakness: [F]x2
Resistance: [P]-20
Retreat: [C]

Thanks, Reggie, judging as we speak!

Submitting early since I just keep losing the deadline..

delphoxcoacutepia_zpsa40c0cb0.png

Here's an interesting thought: what if each sections winners were determined by a fan vote? (This might only work well with image)

I was planning to do a Gallade & Gardevoir card to accompany my last month kirlia.. then i remember i did it last year..

Just wondering.. If i somehow reuse my own mechanic from previous cac-contest in this one or futures.. how would it effect your judging

Reggie McGigas said:
Here's an interesting thought: what if each sections winners were determined by a fan vote? (This might only work well with image)

Never!
D:

Scorched Feathers said:
Reggie McGigas said:

Never!
D:

My post wasn't supposed to offend you judges, it was just food for thought. I understand if you oppose it, judging is fun, and this would put you out of a job :p. I was just thinking that a fan vote could really shake things up. There could be different categories like coolness, realistic, and creativity!

Reggie McGigas said:
No... Simply not. XD That can be so plot-made it's not funny. XD
GM DracLord said:
I was planning to do a Gallade & Gardevoir card to accompany my last month kirlia.. then i remember i did it last year..
Just wondering.. If i somehow reuse my own mechanic from previous cac-contest in this one or futures.. how would it effect your judging
Well, it would be similar to the Gyarados's incident last month, but without the plagiarism. Since you said it was already used, the Originality/Creativity would definitely be affected. How much? That I can't tell. There's where I need everyone's help here:
To avoid more incident's like last month's and to be fair about what you just proposed, I need that if you spot something too familiar or that it may have been plagiarized, please PM the Card in question with the proof to the corresponding Judge or to [smod]Ice Arceus[/smod], so we can discuss about it and take the measures that are needed. I need your help because remember I've only been here(in the CaC's, I mean) for 6 months, so I'm not familiar with EVERY card made by all of the participants along the years. I know Feathers can help me there, he's been in more CaC than everyone else, if I recall correctly, but everyone as well is welcome to help.
So, Drac, since you called it, I'll need the card you talk about if you do intend to re-use that wording.

Reggie McGigas said:
Scorched Feathers said:
Never!
D:

My post wasn't supposed to offend you judges, it was just food for thought. I understand if you oppose it, judging is fun, and this would put you out of a job :p. I was just thinking that a fan vote could really shake things up. There could be different categories like coolness, realistic, and creativity!

We thought of it, we decided it was a popularity contest in the end if we did it that way :/
Anyway, I'm no judge this time. :p

Reggie McGigas said:

Thanks for the idea. We might try to incorporate fan voting in the future, but we're still going to be making judges an essential part of this contest. :)

Ice Arceus said:
Reggie McGigas said:

Thanks for the idea. We might try to incorporate fan voting in the future, but we're still going to be making judges an essential part of this contest. :)

Yeah, I do think we should have judges. In the future I'd like to see an official winner and a fan vote winner for CaCs.

I'm definitely not opposed to Reggie's idea of having both an official winner and a fan vote winner. Only problem is that I'm not sure if Fan Fakes is really popular enough these days to get the competition heated. The nice thing about the forum portal a few years ago is that contests could be linked to, so we'd get members checking out contests they normally might not.

Regardless, a fan vote is definitely something I think we could incorporate in some capacity in the future.

Luispipe8 said:
So, Drac, since you called it, I'll need the card you talk about if you do intend to re-use that wording.

I'll PM you..

Does it still plagarize if the card concept was my creation to begin with

Well, no. It's your creation, you'll plagiarize yourself if that's the case. :p But do keep in mind your Creativity/Originality would be affected because, well, you're not being that. XD

If i were too modified n incoporate part of the idea.. Does that also counts toward it

Back