pokemon wifi tournaments

pythagoras

pokemon battle arena>battle stadium o.k
Why are all the wifi players being excluded from official tournaments? I really don't think it is fair to force wifi players to download shoddy or be excluded.

You can't expect everyone to buy a DS/DSi and the game and spend time to raise their Pokémon either.

To put it simply, the difference between the amount of people who can have access to Wi-Fi vs. Shoddy Battle is astronimcal.

Because Shoddy is more convenient.
its free, you dont need to spend a month training, there are no D/C, plus wifi tourneys take FOREVER.
im really glad we switched over.

EDIT: yea... what KG and C88 said.

pythagoras said:
Why are all the wifi players being excluded from official tournaments? I really don't think it is fair to force wifi players to download shoddy or be excluded.

My reasons:

- Better Metagame (IMO)
- Games don't take to long, unlike wi-fi
- We have a PB Server now so it's easier to battle
- Wi-Fi Slows things down TREMENDOUSLY. Thus we have fewer matches.
- How long does it take to download ONE simple program?
- Wi-FI is unable to be accessed by many of our better players (No Offence)
- Shoddy is easier to create teams with and doesn't require hours of labor over a DS.
- With School now Shoddy will be better for everyone
- Wi-FI is sometimes crashing and stuff and thus matches don't get complete, and a coin is tossed being unfair to both players.

Just a couple quick reasons off the top of my head.

Plus from other tournaments that had both Wi-Fi and Shoddy, the Shoddy bracket was done faster, so Shoddy is faster and preferred over Wi-Fi, plus as Zyflair said, no Money is needed and anyone who has an understanding of how a computer program runss can download it.

There are some Pros of Wi-Fi but the ends justify the means.

Zyflair said:
You can't expect everyone to buy a DS/DSi and the game and spend time to raise their Pokémon either.

So because of that you completely remove it. Just make 2 tournaments one for wifi players and one for shoddy it is not that hard to do.

pythagoras said:
So because of that you completely remove it. Just make 2 tournaments one for wifi players and one for shoddy it is not that hard to do.
um no. he gave many reasons.
you should really try shoddy. its easy to use.

pythagoras said:
It doesn't mean there will be no Wi-Fi tournaments. The official tournament tests everyone's skill in the standard metagame. Shoddy is that standard. There can't be two.

pythagoras said:

It is supposed to be a unified tournament not split up. Plus like everyone has said Shoddy Battle is easier. So if you can't take the time to download one program you are just being lazy and putting up a pointless argument.

as it is right now i dislike shoddy it is to fast passed i like a slower game as well as other reasons but i may download it when shoddy 2 comes out as i like some of the changes.

pythagoras said:
as it is right now I dislike shoddy it is to fast passed I like a slower game as well as other reasons but I may download it when shoddy 2 comes out as I like some of the changes.
How is it fast paced unless you make it that way?

I think switching do shoddy was a good idea. I was a wi-fi person but shodyy is soo much easier! You should just try it.

Back