Pokemon who deserve an EX or BREAK

GangsterGlalie

What has life come to?
So these are the Pokemon who deserve to get an EX or BREAK. So I'll start off with a Pokemon, I think should get a BREAK. That being Gastrodon. It happened to Omastar, who hadn't had a print in a while and then boom he got a BREAK. What Pokemon do you guys think should get an EX or BREAK? Let me know!

snorlax break!

I also want a Snorlax-EX as well. ;) Simple fanboyism aside, at least at one point in the video games Snorlax was one of those pseudo-legendary Pokémon: an event-only Basic with great stats and a good move pool from which to pick. Pokémon-EX throughout all but the very end of the BW-era were always Legendary Pokémon, which were often difficult to do justice as "regular" Basic Pokémon because the TCG is just not the video games, which "balance" them to some degree by making them usually unique event captures that require you have progressed quite a ways in the single player mode. Now besides handling Legendary Pokémon they also serve as the basis for Mega Evolution. Since there are still so many exceptions to either of those, Snorlax-EX seems like it might as well be one too.

Last edited:
I would really like another Zygarde-EX. I know, I know, there is already one, but I mean a Zygarde Core-EX. A support card, with low HP and recycle properties. I would also really like Regice-EX, with turbo attacks (ex-Turbo Bolt), Suicune-EX, that could combo with Empoleon from BKT, Eeveelution BREAKs, a playable Latias-EX and M Latias-EX, Latios BREAK, a Psychic Victini-EX or BREAK and an awesome M Pinsir-EX based around guillotines and bench damage.

Blissey ex , that unseen forces one back in the day wasa ton to handle , imagine this one being made now with all the hp hike :p

What I reeeeeeeeally want is a Meowth or Jigglypuff EX. That would be so refreshing to see. And they're pretty iconic Pokémon, so I wouldn't be too suprised if they did it just for the laughs. or lulz if you want to call it that. I also really like the Blissey and snorlax suggestion. I can imagine their HP. My guess it would be something around 200, that's without Fighting Fury Belt.

I want a Lopunny EX and M Lopunny EX.
Also want a Pinsir EX and M Pinsir EX.
Cofagrigus EX or BREAK would look awesome.

I would really like another Zygarde-EX. I know, I know, there is already one, but I mean a Zygarde Core-EX. A support card, with low HP and recycle properties. I would also really like Regice-EX, with turbo attacks (ex-Turbo Bolt), Suicune-EX, that could combo with Empoleon from BKT, Eeveelution BREAKs, a playable Latias-EX and M Latias-EX, Latios BREAK, a Psychic Victini-EX or BREAK and an awesome M Pinsir-EX based around guillotines and bench damage.
Regice is my 4th favorite Pokemon, so I would love that.

What I reeeeeeeeally want is a Meowth or Jigglypuff EX. That would be so refreshing to see. And they're pretty iconic Pokémon, so I wouldn't be too suprised if they did it just for the laughs. or lulz if you want to call it that. I also really like the Blissey and snorlax suggestion. I can imagine their HP. My guess it would be something around 200, that's without Fighting Fury Belt.
I think having a pikachu ex just shows that basic simple pokemon that are iconic deserve to shine as much as the mouse does :) The hp hike would be nice, but the attack should be something usable , at the very least :p

So these are the Pokemon who deserve to get an EX or BREAK. So I'll start off with a Pokemon, I think should get a BREAK. That being Gastrodon. It happened to Omastar, who hadn't had a print in a while and then boom he got a BREAK. What Pokemon do you guys think should get an EX or BREAK? Let me know!
I really laughed when this came out as omastar break was made, while kabutops stayed fossiled without gold XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't laugh at me but...

Dunsparce, guys! I really think the guy needs a mega evolution, to make for an amazing EX, Mega, and FA. A Break would settle well with me too, I just think that Pokemon should bring support to the ones that no one really sees as playable, competetive or cool.

I want my Pidgeot EX and m- Pidgeot EX. Tired of waiting. I would also like my EX legendary birds EX reprints from FRLG. I also want a Staraptor EX. Noctowl would be cool as well. I also think Talonflame should have an EX too, seeing as they can't make the 4 they have now work. Oh, I would also love a Zangoose EX as well! Just like Pidgeot, it never had an ultra rare and just because I like Vaporeon, I want a full art EX.

I want my Pidgeot EX and m- Pidgeot EX. Tired of waiting. I would also like my EX legendary birds EX reprints from FRLG. I also want a Staraptor EX. Noctowl would be cool as well. I also think Talonflame should have an EX too, seeing as they can't make the 4 they have now work. Oh, I would also love a Zangoose EX as well! Just like Pidgeot, it never had an ultra rare and just because I like Vaporeon, I want a full art EX.
I'd love Pidgeot ( FA would be the bomb to be honest , the bird's got the best color palette for a full art print !! ) but I'd rather wish they'd not make if it'll like the Mawile Ex fiasco( yep, that happened and a 1st generation with a mega is still waiting ? talk about fan satisfaction ) a mega evolution is supposed to be mega for a good reason, not make the card just to say "I made the ex with its mega & hope you're happy and that's it " . Pidgeot cards that have been made through these 2 decades were all amazing , mostly the Fire Red one which was quite a tyrant back in the day ,but I'd despise seeing a useless evo-ex ( cough , Altaria ) being made , and ruin its awesome feat of being good in Trading Card Gaming, don't you think so ?
Though after spanning nearly 3 years now for XY, I agree it's quite frustrating not to make some of the lesser produced Pokemon as exes ( Lapras or even a Ditto ) , I can only say that's it's outrageous that Generations didn't make such 1st gen gems int the set with the megas !! instead , making a Meowstic ex and non ex full art of the trio birds(not even Moltres) makes the cherry on top of the fan failure cake !!!

Well I know you like bird Pokemon...

I just want them to get the respect they deserve. Skarmory and Ho-Oh were the only birds to get an EX, unless I'm forgetting about someone. We got like 3 Gardevoir, many Charizard and the likes. Heck, the set that should have been meant for birds didn't have any EX birds in it and was just filled with dragons and Mewtwo was pretty much given its own set.

Maybe they are saving them for when they drop the new flying type or something. I don't know.

I'd love Pidgeot ( FA would be the bomb to be honest , the bird's got the best color palette for a full art print !! ) but I'd rather wish they'd not make if it'll like the Mawile Ex fiasco( yep, that happened and a 1st generation with a mega is still waiting ? talk about fan satisfaction ) a mega evolution is supposed to be mega for a good reason, not make the card just to say "I made the ex with its mega & hope you're happy and that's it " . Pidgeot cards that have been made through these 2 decades were all amazing , mostly the Fire Red one which was quite a tyrant back in the day ,but I'd despise seeing a useless evo-ex ( cough , Altaria ) being made , and ruin its awesome feat of being good in Trading Card Gaming, don't you think so ?
Though after spanning nearly 3 years now for XY, I agree it's quite frustrating not to make some of the lesser produced Pokemon as exes ( Lapras or even a Ditto ) , I can only say that's it's outrageous that Generations didn't make such 1st gen gems int the set with the megas !! instead , making a Meowstic ex and non ex full art of the trio birds(not even Moltres) makes the cherry on top of the fan failure cake !!!

I don't want them to make any mega for the sake of making megas. Mega evolution is the newest addition to the series so they at least owe it to the Pokemon who has them to make them interesting and unique. I too want a full art Pidgeot EX full art because it would be pretty to look at. Right now that full art Ho-Oh EX is the prettiest one IMO.

Last edited:
Theres quite a few gen 1 Pokemon i want to get exs in upcoming sets. Ps im only talking about main sets with full arts, promos and Generations dont count imo.

Ninetales
Vileplume
Zapdos
Moltres
Snorlax
Arcanine
Venomoth
Also Lickilicky
Suicune
Jolteon
Vaporeon
Flareon
Tropius
Flygon
Armaldo
Chimecho
Starmie
Lapras

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but everyone here seems to be oblivious to the fact that any Pokemon with a Mega in the games will not receive a BREAK evolution. Breaks were specifically created to Pokemon that probably wouldn't otherwise get an UR, save for a few. It was also officially stated that what I said toward the end of the first line is true. That said, I would love a Typhlosion BREAK. Sure, it wouldn't be playable, but I think it would be fun. Now that I think about it, I think all (eligible) starters should get BREAKs. This would be really cool.

Back