N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
?
If they indeed don't print VMAX Hatterene and Melmetal, then all VMAX rotate on the 2023 season.
While we are getting Arceus VSTAR on our VMAX Climax analogue which will release on February 2022.

VSTAR will have one year without VMAX on format.
Unfortunately, with the existence of Kingler VMAX, VMAX is still sticking around in the Block F era.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
We could see Kingler VMAX in a Collection box and then they would end VMAXs in time for February.
We never know. Kingler is the only Block F VMAX we've seen so far. There might be others lurking around. We cannot conclude anything. 3-prizes are still innovative for fast-paced gameplay.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
also, Arceus Vstar is tied with Wailord V for being the highest HP for a 2-prized Pokemon while Snorlax, Copperajah, and Eternatus tied for having the highest HP for a 3-prized Pokemon and for overall, as well. So that's the reason why we'll never get rid of VMax bcoz we want to see these 300+ HP behemoths in every set

The_Rayquaza_Guy

Aspiring Trainer
With Vstars giving up only 2 prizes instead of 3 and have almost near to Vmax HP, I can easily see them being heavily played out in the meta everywhere, as opposed to Vmaxs which are going to see less play...

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
So my custom Ability: QX mechanic has more leway giving it 1 QX ability per turn rather then the 1 per game VSTAR abilility, The way i see them there are just slightly underpower VMAX with useful 1 off ability

Ranger64

Mewtwo Mastermind
Where exactly is the power to absolutely cut out 90% of the cards from the format on this card? The only thing similar to ADP is acceleration, and that's been crazy fast for a while now.
Well for one thing it's main attack costs the same amount of energy as ADP, but it can utilize any energy instead of steel and water only. And, it does 200 damage instead of 150. The only noticeable downside is that it has to evolve, and there are a number of ways to accelerate evolution in the format. Zacian will still be legal for a year, and as a V card, it can attack turn 2 or 3 with this.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Well for one thing it's main attack costs the same amount of energy as ADP, but it can utilize any energy instead of steel and water only. And, it does 200 damage instead of 150. The only noticeable downside is that it has to evolve, and there are a number of ways to accelerate evolution in the format. Zacian will still be legal for a year, and as a V card, it can attack turn 2 or 3 with this.

Zacian can't accelerate to this unless you are using many Energy Switches or Bronzong. It also doesn't have Altered Creation as an attack, which is what makes ADP stupidly powerful. There are half a dozen other partners that are much better for Arceus VSTAR rather than Metal Zacian V. I already mentioned Flaaffy, Melony, there's the possibility of a Psychic variant with Zacian, a Grass variant with Leafeon. The card is not ADP level broken and to imply it is outrageous. It exchanges power for splashability.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer

The card's not ADP, drop it. Cherry picking similarities and deriving from that that it's gonna have the same impact and context the other one had is like saying that any other planet with the same size and color as Earth's can obviously support human life.

The_Rayquaza_Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Because Vstar power is an ability, i don't think there will be damage dealing Vstars like GX attacks because using 2 attacks in 1 turn is way too op
Vstar powers can be attacks, and if you use it, it'll end your turn. What are you going on about with the 2 attacks thing??

Last edited:

The_Rayquaza_Guy

Aspiring Trainer
We never know. Kingler is the only Block F VMAX we've seen so far. There might be others lurking around. We cannot conclude anything. 3-prizes are still innovative for fast-paced gameplay.
Also, what about those 100 starter decks wherein Kingler Vmax was revealed?? I don't think that more than 50 of those decks will be without a Vmax....