Discussion Pokemon Unite

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Let's talk about this game, I'm new to MOBAs but I'm enjoying this title a lot. Free to play too so that's a cool bonus.

Who's your favorite Pokemon to play as so far? I'm more of a support and healing player so Eldegoss is right up my alley.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
I feel like until the phone release I will be more of a defensive player because I'm not entirely sure on the switch controls long term. For that reason I'm really using Slowbro mainly, and Snorlax sometimes. In other mobas I'm more of a ranged damage player, so we'll see where that goes. I just don't see myself playing a lot of Zeraora, Garchomp, and the like.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Im waiting for the phone version as well (or the right time for me to buy a new switch). I wasnt sure it was free to play so thats great. Ill be sure to check the gameplay to see what its all about.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Though you start out with only a small group of characters, you can unlock Venusaur and Alolan Ninetales pretty easily right now since they're on the current rotation of rewards. You can also earn enough coins to buy another character from the shop. I'm grinding my way towards a second, but there's a cap on how many coins you can earn per week so you can't just grind out all of them at once.

I started with Snorlax. I've never been a fan of hyper offensive characters so he fits my play style pretty well. I don't like that you have to give up Rest and Tackle - it would be cool if you could just choose not to learn a new move, or to map them to R3, or something.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Gardevoir is coming tomorrow! Looks to be a ranged special attacker. Are you hype? Think she'll be any good? How many matches will it be until you get to actually use her?

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Even though admittedly I didn't really care about this game prior to release, I downloaded it out of curiosity/boredom and I'm actually really enjoying it!
I started with Talonflame for no real reason other than I felt like it, but I'd say Alolan Ninetales is probably my favourite Pokemon to use. I do really enjoy using Greninja in quick battles, so I think I might save up my coins to actually get it. Generally I've found I favour the more offensive mons rather than the defensive.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
After trying out a bunch of other Pokemon, I'd say that Charizard and Snorlax are my favorites to be. Greninja looks awful so I'm content to wait until the end of the 14-day path to get it.

What do you guys think of the "patch notes" that we got? It's impossible to put any stock in them without knowing numbers, and it's dumb to force the players to do all the leg work when they could just tell us.