Pokemon TCG Weekly Tournaments @ Village Games, Anoka, MN

Cortel II

I am the Doom master
Hey all I've started running weekly TCG tournaments at village games in Anoka, MN. The store is located near the intersection of Ferry St. (Highway 169) and Highway 10, it has ample space for easily up to 100+ players, has a wide variety of Pokemon packs and boxes for sale. The address is:

2665 4th Ave N
Suite #1
Anoka, MN 55303 USA
763-506-0303

Tournaments are held every Thursday night @ 6:30 pm
Entry: $5 prizes awarded to the top player(s) depending on turnout.
Standard format: NXD-current set. Swiss rounds, 30 mins Best of 1.

Hope to see you all this Thursday for the Pokemon TCG tournament!

Side note: if we start getting enough players each week (8+) we can start doing every player gets at least 1 pack guaranteed plus prizes to top 4.

I want to get a weekly game started around kalamazoo Mi but there just dosent seem to be very many players around here. How can I get more people around here interesed in playing.

Ironman131 said:
I want to get a weekly game started around kalamazoo Mi but there just dosent seem to be very many players around here. How can I get more people around here interesed in playing.

Depends on your age, but I'm 29 and it started at work by simply talking to people and getting a bunch of people interested... more people get interested seeing lots of others playing than anything else.

If your still school age, try setting up a group, or talking to a local game shop and see if they're willing to put a pokemon night on the calendar. Then, spread the word and show up often. Starting groups for card games isn't nearly as hard as minitures. One thing you will need to realize, however, is a majority of players in this game are 12 or under, so don't expect more than a handful of adults/over 18 players.

I am 23, we have a local shop that has pokemon on its callender but we only get 4-6 people. They have it on sunday at about noon. I have gotten a couple of the people at work to play but not enough.

Ironman131 said:

I'm in Michigan! However I'm (somewhat) of an amateur and me and my friends play decks with cards from every expansion. We're old school :p

Back