Scoop

Literally a sheep
A general rule of thumb for card-hunting is that rural big-box stores are often kept stocked due to low local demand whist more urban areas regularly sell out for obvious reasons.
I should specify I'm actually in an urban area where Pokemon is rather popular- near a major city in the US, to specify as much as I can without giving out much of my location. I don't mean to deny anything that there still aren't issues in finding product, but I wanted to merely make it known that there's been a marked improvement in stock in the past few months than there were in say, the Battle Styles/Shining Fates release period. I don't think it's fair to hyperbolize it one way or another, either that it's just as bad as it was, or that things are absolutely fine like they were a few years prior. I don't want it to seem like I'm acting as if I think the latter is in effect.

I generally do agree with this rule though, but I just wanted to throw my own experience in.

Nguyen925

Aspiring Trainer
You definitely live in a Lucky area then, my area stocks up pretty well (Houston, tx) but because people either collect alot here for personal collections or for reselling stock is always out in Barnes and Nobles, Targets, Walmarts, CVS and Walgreens.

I can catch stores with occasional restocks but to really catch a restock at a major retailer is really like finding a Shiny mythical on Pokémon Go. It's rare and far in between.

Would be nice to have some certain select things as a mass Pre-order at reasonable prices (especially off of Pokémoncenter).