Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Creatures, the company that produces the Pokemon TCG, has shipped a very special 25th anniversary deck to their card illustrators! The deck won’t release to the public, but it’s possible some could make their way to the aftermarket. The deck was first posted to social media by Shibuzoh and Hideki Ishikawa, who both started illustrating Pokemon cards in 2016.

Creatures-Box-200x150.jpg

Wooden Box

Creatures-Deck-in-Box-150x200.jpg

Deck Inside Box

Creatures-Deck-Front-165x200.jpg

Deck Front

Creatures-Deck-Back-168x200.jpg

Deck Back

The 30-card deck is named “Creatures Deck: Corporate History...

Continue reading...

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
What is the significance of the Lightning and Fighting energies on the respective years? 2003 in particular strikes me as surprising they "couldn't have picked a more representative card," so it must be deliberate.

Tvoretz

?
What is the significance of the Lightning and Fighting energies on the respective years? 2003 in particular strikes me as surprising they "couldn't have picked a more representative card," so it must be deliberate.
I think it's mostly a matter of producing a(n ostensibly) usable half deck while showcasing various designs over the years. Charizard doesn't need any particular type of energy thanks to its Pokemon Power; Chansey, Mewtwo, Mega Mewtwo, and Uxie have attacks that only need colorless; and there are a handful of special energy cards to cover Sneasel, Mew, and Tapu Lele.

Nintenfreak

Aspiring Trainer
Nice to see that they still acknowledge the e-Reader era cards. I was a bit disappointed that they didn’t include any of those cards in the Celebrations set. Maybe for the 30th Anniversary.
We should have a List like MTG where every set has an extra slot with an old reprint from old sets