Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Players were starting to worry, and now it seems we were justified!
TPCi has announced Pokemon TCG Live will be delayed until 2022 in order to provide players with “a more polished experience.” However, players can still redeem PTCGL code cards in PTCGO.
“To provide Trainers with a more polished experience, the Pokémon TCG Live mobile soft launch in Canada, and global open beta for desktop, have been shifted to 2022. We’ll have more to share soon on timing for both this testing period and the full launch of Pokémon TCG Live.
Additionally, some of you may have recently received code cards with Pokémon TCG Live branding as part of some Pokémon TCG products. Though Pokémon TCG Live is not available at this time, please know these cards are still redeemable...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Well, hopefully they make it look a lot less dead and empty in that time. I'm still put off by the end of the Legacy format, HGSS cards, and numerous other changes, but if the UI gets an upgrade with this time I may be a little easier on it.

But this is Pokemon we're talking about, so... My expectations are still low. Would love to be pleasantly surprised.

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Meh, they could delay it until the heat death of the universe and I'd probably still prefer the TCGO over TPCi's Zog-awful take on an MTG Arena/Hearthstone-inspired PTCG app.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Please be advised that does not mean they plan on adding missing cards, trading, UI improvements or graphics that actually reflect Pokemon aesthetics.
If the shift in the release date was so drastic as to not hit the marketing deadline, that just means the game don't god dam work

shaman

Uncommon
Even more time for me explaining what will happen in the transfer and how to prepare for people who won't read the article. Fantastic.

Ranger64

Mewtwo Mastermind
If they can iron out any issues, I don't mind waiting. It gives me more of a chance to pay attention to the other Pokemon stuff coming out around December.

Red-EyesHydreigon

Aspiring Trainer
Please be advised that does not mean they plan on adding missing cards, trading, UI improvements or graphics that actually reflect Pokemon aesthetics.
If the shift in the release date was so drastic as to not hit the marketing deadline, that just means the game don't god dam work
This right here. Pokémon does not delay games unless something is broken to the point they literally can’t release it. I imagine the higher-ups aren’t too happy that they’ll now have Live codes in packs, but no Live client. Not great publicity.

ThatUnlimitedProfessor

Aspiring Trainer
This is great because it gives people time to use their currencies (tickets especially) and get rid of their extra cards. Hopefully, they'll have Expanded ready at the game's release too now.

Shawn11189

Aspiring Trainer
So I’m confused, will the evolving skies codes I’ll be getting not be redeemable on Live.
I’ve never had great luck with Pokémon tcg trying to play it on my computer. I just assumed live was a more updated version of the computer app.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
So I’m confused, will the evolving skies codes I’ll be getting not be redeemable on Live.
I’ve never had great luck with Pokémon tcg trying to play it on my computer. I just assumed live was a more updated version of the computer app.
It's a brand new app. All codes will still be redeemable in it, but it will not have trading. Go read the previous article for full details.