Faceless Wonder

Eevee enthusiast
I know, compared to Master Duel it's crap and the game should be cancelled and rebooted with a AAA budget and all that.
No… just don’t go through all the hassle of re-doing a game when the “Improvements”
hardly change the game, and not even for the better

(Also, if Yugioh has the budget for a game like Master Dual, don’t pretend for a second that Pokémon Doesn’t)

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
No… just don’t go through all the hassle of re-doing a game when the “Improvements”
hardly change the game, and not even for the better

(Also, if Yugioh has the budget for a game like Master Dual, don’t pretend for a second that Pokémon Doesn’t)
Konami generally makes more money than TPC, let alone TPCi, and MD is microtransaction-heavy while Live is free. MD is also way more important to Konami and the franchise as a whole since it's its own format, while Live just uses IRL formats. This is all before considering the fact that YGO has a larger player base than Pokemon.

If TPC decided to get involved, something comparable to MTG:A would be expected, but if it's just TPCi and they're not even allowed to add microtransactions, MD is way out of reach. That said, it is Pokemon, so I know that the general idea is that they should be willing to bleed money to make fans happy since they have plenty in the bank. Unfortunately, that's not how capitalism works.

Faceless Wonder

Eevee enthusiast
Konami generally makes more money than TPC, let alone TPCi, and MD is microtransaction-heavy while Live is free. MD is also way more important to Konami and the franchise as a whole since it's its own format, while Live just uses IRL formats. This is all before considering the fact that YGO has a larger player base than Pokemon.

If TPC decided to get involved, something comparable to MTG:A would be expected, but if it's just TPCi and they're not even allowed to add microtransactions, MD is way out of reach. That said, it is Pokemon, so I know that the general idea is that they should be willing to bleed money to make fans happy since they have plenty in the bank. Unfortunately, that's not how capitalism works.

You have good points, but the fact of the matter is that we went backwards with LIVE. And that’s what’s frustrating

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
You have good points, but the fact of the matter is that we went backwards with LIVE. And that’s what’s frustrating
It's probably a combination of a contract issue, wanting to save money, wanting a phone version, and wanting more control by bringing it in-house. Let's just wait though. They are listening to feedback, so there's potential for it to get better in the future. It won't ever meet the standards of some people like Mahone, but I have hope. It's clear that the devs are massively understaffed though, and that not enough of them play the game. A ton of the issues that have happened were the result of programming shortcuts that almost followed the rules but not quite.

There is evidence that they're hiring though. Maybe by Gen 10 it'll come together.

Clear

Birb is the Word
i mean, the issue with what people don't even see if why Live needed to exist in the first place. It is not to improve anything in general, it's to cut DWD out of the commission. They then also have more control in expanding on how they want to run it, and looking into what they could do, and if they want to open it up to microtransactions later on, they will definitely go for it.

and no, screw trading, no more secondary market on a digital platform that can manipulate how accessible decks are to play for free.chrome_Y2CeiMAYZo.png

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
I don't know what you expect them to be able to do about that.

That said, they did say it might take a few days to appear in all app stores.
Yeah, and then on the app stores it's going to say "This app is not available in your region". I'm just disappointed that even after decades they still do this kind of thing, saying its global but in reality it's just the americas and europe. Konami somehow managed to make Master Duel available literally globally and their company has two branches like TCP/TCPi. Add to that, their GAME has two versions in the form of OCG and TCG. I know it's definitely licensing issues but if Konami can do it I'm not sure why TCP/i can't.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, and then on the app stores it's going to say "This app is not available in your region". I'm just disappointed that even after decades they still do this kind of thing, saying its global but in reality it's just the americas and europe. Konami somehow managed to make Master Duel available literally globally and their company has two branches like TCP/TCPi. Add to that, their GAME has two versions in the form of OCG and TCG. I know it's definitely licensing issues but if Konami can do it I'm not sure why TCP/i can't.
TPC can do it globally. TPCi can't. It's about operation, not licensing. They aren't branches, but rather a parent company and a subsidiary. Since TPC owns TPCi, TPC can do whatever they want through TPCi and operate globally, but TPCi can't operate through TPC to work in Asia. That's why Asian packs don't have code cards. It works the exact same way for Konami, with the only difference being that Master Duel was handled by the parent company and thus had no restrictions.

Hami_moeblob

Aspiring Trainer
Does the Common Chest still count as a "unopened product" at the moment of transfer? Should I open them all before it? I'm gonna miss PTCGO so much u.u